Page 904 of 934
« First < 404804854894900901902903904 905906907908914 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:03 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Looking at starting a long term position in Disney, DIS, in my ROTH. I mostly hold index funds not I will keep about 10 individual stock positions open too.

Anyone else keep some long term holds on individual stocks and what are your main ones?
You might be right. Disney has had quite the tumble.

But there is some risk there. Iger came out of retirement to shitcan his successor without any other real comment. Dudes don’t do that unless it’s a shitshow rodeo.

Do some research before you put material dollars in it. I think, if I’m reading it right they cut their dividend completely. I have no clue how the streaming wars are going to shake out. But if I’m understanding it correctly Disney Plus is bleeding cash and they aren’t one to license IP.

Moreover, I haven’t heard anything about parks. I think that’s why they cut the initial dividend (COVID) but I haven’t heard anything about it bouncing back.

I had some for awhile and yeeted right out of there before it got red on me. But down here surely it’s a buy, but there are a lot of components I don’t know about.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:47 AM 06-12-2023
Looking at starting a long term position in Disney, DIS, in my ROTH. I mostly hold index funds not I will keep about 10 individual stock positions open too.

Anyone else keep some long term holds on individual stocks and what are your main ones?
Take a long look at BERK.B it won't have the growth potential if DIS but you can't go wrong following the Buffet money machine. I don't own it as I'm a sucker for the TSLA,AMZN,AAPL but I will probably buy some when I decide to quit gambling

But then again it's really an ETF so you may not be interested
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:56 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Take a long look at BERK.B it won't have the growth potential if DIS but you can't go wrong following the Buffet money machine. I don't own it as I'm a sucker for the TSLA,AMZN,AAPL but I will probably buy some when I decide to quit gambling

But then again it's really an ETF so you may not be interested
I've got some Disney that's been underperforming for a long time. It's one of those stocks that I feel I should have for some reason, so I keep it. It hasn't been a great ride, but I keep thinking that at some point it's got to catch up to the market, right?

I've got some Berk.B that's done better. Not a home run, but at least above zero. I kind of worry, though, about what'll happen to the stock when Buffett and/or Munger eventually go the way of the dinosaurs. I'm sure there's a big team doing the heavy lifting, but will the stock take a hit when those guys are no longer in the picture? I'm a little concerned about that.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:08 PM 06-12-2023
https://hedgefollow.com/funds/Berkshire+Hathaway
[Reply]
myselff77 03:53 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've got some Berk.B that's done better. Not a home run, but at least above zero. I kind of worry, though, about what'll happen to the stock when Buffett and/or Munger eventually go the way of the dinosaurs. I'm sure there's a big team doing the heavy lifting, but will the stock take a hit when those guys are no longer in the picture? I'm a little concerned about that.
Companies I'm holding long as solid businesses: Cost, brk.b, googl, msft

I also have positions in ptlo and modg that I've averaged down as I've lost money, but I like both for long term investments. Every Portillos I've been to in Chicago has always been packed, so I believe it can grow with their expansion plans. As soon as Callaway bought Top Golf, I wanted the stock for that part of the business alone. We'll see if either work out in 10years.

As for Bershire I assume the risk is low. If Apple survived Jobs, any negative on Buffet/Munger has to be somewhat baked into the price given their age ad certainly have contingency plans.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:20 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Companies I'm holding long as solid businesses: Cost, brk.b, googl, msft

I also have positions in ptlo and modg that I've averaged down as I've lost money, but I like both for long term investments. Every Portillos I've been to in Chicago has always been packed, so I believe it can grow with their expansion plans. As soon as Callaway bought Top Golf, I wanted the stock for that part of the business alone. We'll see if either work out in 10years.

As for Bershire I assume the risk is low. If Apple survived Jobs, any negative on Buffet/Munger has to be somewhat baked into the price given their age ad certainly have contingency plans.
Had no idea Portillo's was publicly traded

I knew they were here in AZ but looked and see they're in 10 states now
[Reply]
tredadda 04:33 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've got some Disney that's been underperforming for a long time. It's one of those stocks that I feel I should have for some reason, so I keep it. It hasn't been a great ride, but I keep thinking that at some point it's got to catch up to the market, right?

I have Disney as well and my logic on it is very similar to what you are thinking here. Hoping I am right on it.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:54 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You might be right. Disney has had quite the tumble.

But there is some risk there. Iger came out of retirement to shitcan his successor without any other real comment. Dudes don’t do that unless it’s a shitshow rodeo.

Do some research before you put material dollars in it. I think, if I’m reading it right they cut their dividend completely. I have no clue how the streaming wars are going to shake out. But if I’m understanding it correctly Disney Plus is bleeding cash and they aren’t one to license IP.

Moreover, I haven’t heard anything about parks. I think that’s why they cut the initial dividend (COVID) but I haven’t heard anything about it bouncing back.

I had some for awhile and yeeted right out of there before it got red on me. But down here surely it’s a buy, but there are a lot of components I don’t know about.
YOU THINK I GIVE A FUCK ABOUT A DIVIDEND?!?!? WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!

Honestly, I prefer companies without a dividend. That means they will instead put money back into the business.

Maybe I'm not sold on DIS though but the forecast stuff I see kind of shows it being pretty beaten down. Some of the other tech and growth stocks seem a bit inflated with this recent run-up, and I have positions in others like PYPL, SQ, AMZN, GOOGL and BROS. I keep my individual stock long term positions to 10 or less stocks.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:33 PM 06-12-2023
Lol I stumbled upon the dividends subreddit recently and those fuckers’ entire portfolios are dividends.

I won’t lie, they make it sound amazing when they get to the point where they’re making $2, $3, $4k per month in dividends.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 06:45 PM 06-12-2023
give me some cheap stocks i should get that have dividends.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:17 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol I stumbled upon the dividends subreddit recently and those ****ers’ entire portfolios are dividends.

I won’t lie, they make it sound amazing when they get to the point where they’re making $2, $3, $4k per month in dividends.
I've been following this guy on youtube that has the dividend thingy figured out. He's making 120K a year just on divi's. I posted one of his videos a few posts back.

Here he is:

[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've been following this guy on youtube that has the dividend thingy figured out. He's making 120K a year just on divi's. I posted one of his videos a few posts back.

Here he is:

Gonna check him out. We tend to invest in a lot of dividend stocks so any tips he has would be nice.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:16 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol I stumbled upon the dividends subreddit recently and those fuckers’ entire portfolios are dividends.

How much capital do they have invested to get those dividends?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:27 PM 06-12-2023
How much capital do they have invested to get those dividends?
Oh, it’s a fuckton.

I’m not saying it’s smart or a sound strategy- just that I’d love for my investments to make me $6k per month lol
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:30 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Gonna check him out. We tend to invest in a lot of dividend stocks so any tips he has would be nice.
I'm going to have to check this out. I'm hoping to build up my retirement fund to a point that it will produce a nice monthly income without touching the principal balance. Dividends would do that.
[Reply]
Page 904 of 934
« First < 404804854894900901902903904 905906907908914 > Last »
Up