ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 258
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:22 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Is there a more obnoxious guy than Tom Brady and a very close second Aaron Rodgers
I feel like if any team handled their QB the way the Packers have handled Rodgers it would end poorly.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:23 AM 03-15-2023
So Rodgers said his intention is to play for the Jets, teams just need to figure out compensation.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:26 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
He is not better than Johnston or Smith-Njigba
Depends what you want.

To me, Jeudy's ultimate value (which was never realized in Denver) is higher.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:28 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I feel like if any team handled their QB the way the Packers have handled Rodgers it would end poorly.
Seems like GB is just really bad at handling their QBs. They've basically repeated their mistakes with Favre with Rodgers in almost an identical fashion. Like they learned nothing at all.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:29 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Seems like GB is just really bad at handling their QBs. They've basically repeated their mistakes with Favre with Rodgers in almost an identical fashion. Like they learned nothing at all.
Too many people in charge. That committee shit is stupid.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:30 AM 03-15-2023
He wins back to back MVPs in his late 30s with literal trash at the receiver position, they do nothing to help the offense and when he suggests things they basically tell him they don't want his input.

Could you imagine that going well with any QB?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:30 AM 03-15-2023
So Rodgers definitely going to NYJ.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:31 AM 03-15-2023
So Rodgers definitely going to NYJ.
I'm guessing the Packers want pick 13 and the Jets are like ehhhh
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:32 AM 03-15-2023
Would be nice if we could get a little depth continuity. Really want to see us bring back a guy like McKinnon. As of right now we're going to need to patch up our depth in the draft at maybe half the positions on the team. Still not sure if I trust Cook or at least what's behind him at safety. Saunders leaving is kind of a hole in the center of the DL, even though we've still got plenty of nice pieces across the DL.

Could use some cheap depth on the interior OL, too. Hopefully we strike it rich on EDGE and/or OT in the draft. Now if Juju leaves, gotta keep drafting WRs, of course...

No, I'm not panicking, I'm just looking forward and seeing what Veach's longterm plan might be for the remainder of free agency and the draft.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:32 AM 03-15-2023
He wins back to back MVPs in his late 30s with literal trash at the receiver position, they do nothing to help the offense and when he suggests things they basically tell him they don't want his input.

Could you imagine that going well with any QB?
Obviously I don't know anything about how Gb management makes decisions, but it looks like if Rodgers suggests anything about how to improve the team, they actually almost do the exact opposite. It's like a bad marriage where both people try to hamstring the other with every decision. Weird.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:34 AM 03-15-2023
Obviously I don't know anything about how Gb management makes decisions, but it looks like if Rodgers suggests anything about how to improve the team, they actually almost do the exact opposite. It's like a bad marriage where both people try to hamstring the other with every decision. Weird.
Tom Brady seeks out veteran WRs to play with his entire career: "look how Committed to winning he is"

Aaron Rodgers isn't allowed to have a say in team building for 20 years because the Packers are ran by Great Grandparents, has to speak out and request a change to organizational philosophy, then tells potential new team that he wants veteran Receivers: "insufferable"

People really underestimate how old-school and unwilling to change to Green Bay Packers are.

Could Aaron have done it sooner than the end of the season press conference where he talked about it? Sure. Should he have to when every elite QB in the league is granted those liberties? No. It cost him a large part of his reputation by having to make a big deal out of it just to win some consolations with that front office.

But nobody wants to cover that angle, Rodgers as the villain is way more spicy!
[Reply]
tredadda 11:36 AM 03-15-2023
Tom Brady seeks out veteran WRs to play with his entire career: "look how Committed to winning he is"

Aaron Rodgers isn't allowed to have a say in team building for 20 years because the Packers are ran by Great Grandparents, has to speak out and request a change to organizational philosophy, then tells potential new team that he wants veteran Receivers: "insufferable"

People really underestimate how old-school and unwilling to change to Green Bay Packers are.

Could Aaron have done it sooner than the end of the season press conference where he talked about it? Sure. Should he have to when every elite QB in the league is granted those liberties? No. It cost him a large part of his reputation by having to make a big deal out of it just to win some consolations with that front office.

This has been going on his whole career and yet he kept signing with them. He had plenty of opportunities to walk throughout his career but didn’t. He is as much to blame for all of that.
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Would be nice if we could get a little depth continuity. Really want to see us bring back a guy like McKinnon. As of right now we're going to need to patch up our depth in the draft at maybe half the positions on the team. Still not sure if I trust Cook or at least what's behind him at safety. Saunders leaving is kind of a hole in the center of the DL, even though we've still got plenty of nice pieces across the DL.

Could use some cheap depth on the interior OL, too. Hopefully we strike it rich on EDGE and/or OT in the draft. Now if Juju leaves, gotta keep drafting WRs, of course...

No, I'm not panicking, I'm just looking forward and seeing what Veach's longterm plan might be for the remainder of free agency and the draft.
Kinda figure that's coming later in FA though. THey'll get some depth filler around late.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:38 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This has been going on his whole career and yet he kept signing with them. He had plenty of opportunities to walk throughout his career but didn’t. He is as much to blame for all of that.
And if he had decided he wanted out when he was I dunno 32, he'd have gotten tagged and then everyone would have said he was an asshole then, there was no way for him to win this situation.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:39 AM 03-15-2023

The mistake the Packers made was keeping Rodgers this long.

Once they drafted Love they should have traded Rodgers soon after for multiple 1's.

And then running it back last year with Rodgers and trading Davante was asinine. One foot on the gas and the other on the brakes.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 258
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up