ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 488
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:03 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Can't wait for Frank Clark to lose against third string OTs repeatedly next season while he makes almost $20 million.

Just cut your fucking losses and move on.

This isn’t even a Justin Houston situation where you go, “Well, he’s fine, but not at that cap number. We need to reduce it or just cut him.”

Clark isn’t fine. He just sucks. He fucking sucks. I wouldn’t want him back even if he played for free. Because every time he’s on the field, nothing happens. He doesn’t do anything. He can’t get jack shit for pressure even against the shitty backups he plays.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, last year we should have cut Hitchens and used his $$$ on vet pass rush but...loyalty to a guy who wasn't good.
Cutting Hitchens last year wouldn't have netted any cap savings. This year was the year to cut him and reduce the dead cap hit.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:04 AM 03-14-2022
If you do a full restructure....it only brings his cap hit down to $17 million according to OTC.
Keeping Clark makes no sense, not even if restructured. His play doesnt deserve anywhere near that kind of money.

Could they restructure it way down? Like 4-5 million salary? Not sure how this works?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:05 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Keeping Clark makes no sense, not even if restructured. His play doesnt deserve anywhere near that kind of money.

Could they restructure it way down? Like 4-5 million salary? Not sure how this works?
That's a paycut.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Cutting Hitchens last year wouldn't have netted any cap savings. This year was the year to cut him and reduce the dead cap hit.
No but it would’ve been neutral while simultaneously removing his 2022 dead money hit.

Keeping him was a mistake. As was restructuring Watkins and even discussing a restructure with Clark.

These coaches pets are becoming an issue.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:06 AM 03-14-2022
Wrong.

I believe they would have saved 6 plus if they cut him by a certain date.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:07 AM 03-14-2022

The #Chiefs have been in contact with veteran OL Mike Remmers, who is continuing to recover from his knee surgery.

I’m told a handful teams also in the mix as free agency begins. #NFL

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) March 14, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 03-14-2022
You guys spend way too much time worrying about this shit...
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:09 AM 03-14-2022
That's a paycut.
Yes, a deserved one. So you cant restructure a pay cut into a contract?

Is it ONLY shifting current money around? If so then you still have to cut him first which the dead money offsets any reduction which again makes no sense.

Hes GONE.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 03-14-2022

Is it ONLY shifting current money around? If so then you still have to cut him first which the dead money offsets any reduction which again makes no sense.

Hes GONE.
Restructuring is just taking their base salary and converting it into a prorated bonus.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:11 AM 03-14-2022
You guys spend way too much time worrying about this shit...
Right. Even the tweet said it was doubtful.

Frank Clark isn't blocking any moves yet.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:12 AM 03-14-2022

The #Seahawks have agreed to terms with one of their: Safety Quandre Diggs gets a 3-year deal worth $40M, source said. Seattle retains a key defender.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 03-14-2022

Hes GONE.
No - you could convert his $19 million base salary into a signing bonus and give him a 2-year extension for the league minimum over both years and effectively create a 2 yr contract for about $22 million with cap hits both years at around $14 million (as his prorated signing bonus would be on the cap from the previous contract.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:15 AM 03-14-2022
Re: Clark, I think it's due diligence to see what is possible before you walk away.

He's a sunk cap cost of at least ~$7M this year, possible as much as ~$14M (rounding here because I'm lazy).

His next 2 seasons have high base salaries and low guarantees. So if you can work an EXTENSION that drastically changes the structure of those years, it does create at least an opportunity to get SOMETHING for those cap dollars.

It's a matter of whether he would accept that type of deal when Manny Ogbah is getting 4/65 on the open market.

It kicks the can on a player who has not been consistent or reliable for the Chiefs. I wouldn't do it. And I don't think they will. But I understand taking a look at it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:17 AM 03-14-2022
I'm going to need Clark to be greedy right now and tell the Chiefs to fuck off. That way we can just cut his ass.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 488
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up