ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 313
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:33 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who said Mahomes is going to be running for his life behind this OL?

This OL is a way better pass blocking OL than the one we lined up with at the SB and even for the majority of the season.
It was just a thought.

I would like for Mahomes to NOT turn into Andrew Luck when it comes to getting beat up.

All I said was I'd prefer a Great Run blocking line with good pass blocking vs a Great pass blocking and good run blocking.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It was just a thought.

I would like for Mahomes to NOT turn into Andrew Luck when it comes to getting beat up.

All I said was I'd prefer a Great Run blocking line with good pass blocking vs a Great pass blocking and good run blocking.
The Chiefs got significantly better at both with their offseason additions. It isn’t an either/or thing.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 07-28-2021
The thought process is as follows:

-Great run blocking will lead to a more successful running game
-Great running game will lead to less pass rushing sets
-Good Pass protecting is all Mahomes needs if the defense isn't ****ing rushing all the time.

You can have GREAT pass blocking all you want, but without a run game you will still get murdered based on numbers.
The numbers show that's just not the case. You don't have to run the ball to set up the pass or whatever the old saying was. Teams have success with play action that can't run for shit.

Pass block well, don't suck at running the ball.

From a analytical standpoint, throwing the football is vastly superior to running it. Do what gives you the best chance at throwing it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:39 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The numbers show that's just not the case. You don't have to run the ball to set up the pass or whatever the old saying was. Teams have success with play action that can't run for shit.

Pass block well, don't suck at running the ball.
I'm not even talking about setting up the pass. For the record I consider Screen Passes to really come down to run blocking etc.

It's more in my mind being able to setup screens and to keep teams from sending 5-6.
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 07-28-2021
I'm not even talking about setting up the pass. For the record I consider Screen Passes to really come down to run blocking etc.

It's more in my mind being able to setup screens and to keep teams from sending 5-6.
With Andy's screen game, they'll be great at that either way.

If you can pass block really well and teams send 5-6, they're gonna get annihilated.

We want them doing that. It means they can't get there with 4. Thats what killed them last year. Teams dropping 7 and rushing 4 and abusing the OL.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:42 AM 07-28-2021
Chiefs camp day 1: WHY ISNT NIANG THE STARTER?

JFC guys. I'm positive its Remmers job to lose. And getting him 2nd team LT snaps is a solid plan for if OBJ goes down or doesnt work out. We may be one of those teams now that kicks the RT over if the LT goes down instead of plugging in some middle of the road guard tweener of the scrap pile.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 07-28-2021
Willie Gay having a good day.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:45 AM 07-28-2021
The thought process is as follows:

-Great run blocking will lead to a more successful running game
-Great running game will lead to less pass rushing sets
-Good Pass protecting is all Mahomes needs if the defense isn't fucking rushing all the time.

You can have GREAT pass blocking all you want, but without a run game you will still get murdered based on numbers.
The options you provided in the original post were "good" vs "great." If those are the two choices, then give me great for pass blocking and good for run blocking.

Good run blocking will still get the job done. We don't need the 2003 Chiefs line out there in order to occasionally run the ball and keep the defense honest.

When the chips are on the table in the playoffs, I want my QB protected at ALL costs, because that's when we're going to rely on Mahomes and his arm. THAT'S what will protect him the most.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:45 AM 07-28-2021
Days like today i wish i was a twittard.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:45 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Willie Gay having a good day.
He’s going to be a fucking animal.

I can’t wait to see him flying around.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:47 AM 07-28-2021
Any local radio stations dishing out live coverage?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 07-28-2021
Bell and those other TE scrubs never had a chance. Can’t wait to see this guy in action

Noah Gray is the 2nd TE on the field in the 1st 7-on-7 period of camp.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) July 28, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 09:49 AM 07-28-2021
Trey Smith is going to start isn’t he? This OL is gonna be fucking awesome

First rep for the Chiefs’ offensive line: Orlando Brown Jr., Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith & Mike Remmers.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) July 28, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 09:51 AM 07-28-2021
If Gay and Bolden play up to their potential, that's even less reason for us to depend on the edges for our pass rush. That allows Jones and Reed to do what they do best more often.

Poor LB play has been a huge part of why we've struggled against the run the past few years. It hasn't all been the line's fault
[Reply]
staylor26 09:53 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If Gay and Bolden play up to their potential, that's even less reason for us to depend on the edges for our pass rush. That allows Jones and Reed to do what they do best more often.

Poor LB play has been a huge part of why we've struggled against the run the past few years. It hasn't all been the line's fault
Who?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 313
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up