ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 432
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297347 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:52 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Kentucky fan sees a silver lining:

FTP1000
Senior

There is a very real possibility we could be in the NIT with UNC and Duke. Be the most watched NIT of all time.
Season isn't over yet, but need to win 4 or 5 of the next 6 realistically to even get in.

Originally Posted by Pablo:
Wow that fanbase got completely outstanding citizened by Cal lol

They deserve it
It's just sports. I wish the result was different but it is what it is.

That being said, I'm also likely driving 90 minutes to Starkville Wednesday to be disappointed again for the game. But it's OK.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:59 PM 02-11-2023
I do really enjoy reading rupp rafters meltdowns
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:04 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I do really enjoy reading rupp rafters meltdowns
I don't know too much about the Kansas fanbase other than the limited stories my Dad's told me about his time at KU during the 70's during the Owens era, but I'd imagine there's similar mouth breathers in the fanbase as well.

It becomes insufferable given the expectations annually and next year is going to be brutal assuming this team doesn't win a tournament game, much less make the tournament. I genuinely don't think I'll enjoy following the team next season given how toxic BBN is about to be on all forms of media as well as at Rupp. I could make it to Lexington for a game on the 25th, but it's going to be fucking awful hearing people be negative as fuck.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:20 PM 02-11-2023
Down goes KSU.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:23 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Down goes KSU.
Pootie Tang lost?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 PM 02-11-2023

COLUMN: As Kentucky limps towards March, it's obvious the John Calipari era needs to end | Opinion https://t.co/axdCCv67QH via @USATODAY

— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) February 11, 2023

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:47 PM 02-11-2023
We’re 1 game back with 6 to play in the conference.

I have a hard time seeing us go worse than 4-2 down the stretch.

If we beat Baylor and Texas, 12-6 has a good chance of getting us a share of the title. 5-1 or better possibly wins it outright.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:59 PM 02-11-2023
I disagree.

The 3 most seasons have been disappointing as ****, don't get me wrong, but this is really the only one that I blame Calipari for.

2020-2021:

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. 2 of the best players on that team (Brooks, Clarke (RIP)) missed substantial time. That team probably doesn't do much in March but that, combined with a few unfortunate endings to games at the buzzer (Georgia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame come to mind) exacerbate how bad that team was. Kentucky still finished middle of the pack in the SEC that season after doing horrendous in non-conference play.

2021-2022:

Cal blew up his coaching staff after having the worst season in program history and brought back one of the better recruiters he's during his time in Lexington. 5 scholarship players who were apart of the 2020-2021 team came back, with 3 (Mintz, Ware, Allen) playing in diminished roles compared to the previous season while Brooks and Toppin still play in appropriate roles for their talent. Tshiebwe is the first unanimous POTY in Kentucky's history.

Issues begin to arise in January/February as Grady, Washington, and Wheeler, who are all starters, start to deal with lingering injuries. Grady was playing with plantar fasciitis from February onward while Washington suffers his first injury against Auburn (which he left the game as a result) before reaggravating his ankle sprain in Knoxville a few weeks later. Wheeler injures his wrist that same game vs Auburn.

Team goes 5-3 down the stretch after the injuries in Knoxville before St. Peter's. Then St. Peter's happens.

2022-2023:

Cal relies on a guard who is injury prone as **** (Frederick) and doesn't bring another wing after losing Brooks and Hopkins (who will likely win Big East POTY) to the transfer portal.

Cal constructed a flawed roster that needed more scoring (and is also his worst defensively) and is dealing with the effects as a result.

I'm pissed at him for this season. Not the other 2.

He's a victim of his own success after teasing what he could do his first five seasons at Kentucky before suffering a program watershed loss to Wisconsin, dealing with the aftermath of that(having a team with arguably the best backcourt duo he's had during his time with no legitimate center), a team that had the talent to win it all that lost another heartbreaking game to the eventual champion in a historic game, a flawed team reaching it's absolute ceiling losing in the Sweet 16, and another team losing in the Elite 8 that was playing as well as any team in March that lost to a team that took down 3 blue bloods before bowing out in the Final 4. 2020 team would have likely made the second weekend as well if not further.

The shortcomings since 2015 doesn't diminish his legacy at UK, but it leaves an underwhelming of what could have been. I genuinely believe he has 1 title left in him if he stays until he's 70 as I would think it's possible he has some sort of Roy Williams renaissance. But we shall see.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:13 PM 02-11-2023
They can’t logically fire a guy who’s got 4 top8 recruits coming in, contact guarantees aside
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:20 PM 02-11-2023
They can’t logically fire a guy who’s got 4 top8 recruits coming in, contact guarantees aside
They shouldn't either.

A dream scenario would be they win it all next season and Calipari retires afterwards. He'll have nothing left to prove or accomplish after that with regards to his legacy in Lexington and he'd go out with more positive views from the fanbase than negative. He's done more good than bad since he's been in Lexington with the program as well as in the community. He helped raise $3 million for tornado relief in Kentucky in December 2021 doing a telethon along with arranging an open basketball scrimmage that raised money for flooding in Eastern Kentucky this past summer.

I don't see that happening unless he gets a nice retirement package to be encourage to retire. It'd be silly to see him or anyone walk away from $86 million guaranteed.

This fan base is ****ing stupid.

Calipari's an egomaniac that is cocky as fuck, but he's a good steward and representative for the community as well a coach that has won at levels a majority of coaches haven't done historically.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:42 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Season isn't over yet, but need to win 4 or 5 of the next 6 realistically to even get in.

It's just sports. I wish the result was different but it is what it is.

That being said, I'm also likely driving 90 minutes to Starkville Wednesday to be disappointed again for the game. But it's OK.
How do you miss the ncaas? I don't even know what its like as a ku fan. No idea

[Reply]
BWillie 09:43 PM 02-11-2023
We are not losing again this reg season. Self found an analytic that works to prove his point. Its all over b12. Better wait until ucf and mormons to get wins
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:53 PM 02-11-2023
EliteBlue
All-American

Should we accept an NiT bid?

I vote yea bc I care about all time wins and letting Kansas get 2-6 more while we aren’t even playing is a no for me.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:55 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How do you miss the ncaas? I don't even know what its like as a ku fan. No idea

That’s a lot of talk for someone who didn’t even go to KU.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 10:04 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
That’s a lot of talk for someone who didn’t even go to KU.
Truth hurts?
And spare me with that ignorant "you arent a fan unless you went to school there"

Reerun speak
[Reply]
Page 247 of 432
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297347 > Last »
Up