ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Name your All-time top 5 defensive players for the Chiefs.
Mr_Tomahawk 09:35 AM 03-01-2024
Go!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:38 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank:
Will we be doing an All Time Top 5 Offensive Players for the Chiefs as well?
If so, I bet that Mahomes kid will get a few votes...
Gotta figure that's an easy top 4, right?

Mahomes - Kelce - Charles - Len

Only the 5th spot really seems up for debate. For many it would be Priest, for others Tony G. Still others Shields.

I think I'd go Mahomes, Kelce, Charles, Shields, Lenny
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:40 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Three seasons???? I have some questions about this metric...

I never saw Dawson play and I know he's a legend but Mahomes has already eclipsed him for sure.
I think the key is that Dawson is a Hall of Fame player who played for 14 seasons and Mahomes just finished his 6th (plus a game). The metric is showing that Mahomes will pass him after 9 seasons, which actually seems pretty fair to me. Dawson is an all-time great quarterback, but Mahomes is Mahomes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:43 PM 03-01-2024
Mike Maslowski
William Bartee
Ryan Sims
Rich Scanlon
Ben Nieman
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:47 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Some great lists here.

More defensive gems than offense.
The Chiefs all time bests among the OL, TE, and QB are as good as any franchise out there.

We’ve had several really good RBs that didn’t have much staying power. Several who were amazing for 3-5 seasons.

WR is pretty weak compared to a lot of other franchises.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:54 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gotta figure that's an easy top 4, right?

Mahomes - Kelce - Charles - Len

Only the 5th spot really seems up for debate. For many it would be Priest, for others Tony G. Still others Shields.

I think I'd go Mahomes, Kelce, Charles, Shields, Lenny
Jamaal is one of my favorite players, but I think his career was too short to make the top five. He's close, though, due to general greatness.

My top five would be:

1. Mahomes
2. Shields
3. Dawson
4. Kelce
5. Gonzalez

(And yeah, Mahomes is an exception to what I just said about longevity. Sue me.)
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:58 PM 03-01-2024
All time top five Chiefs Defensive Players

Bobby Bell
Willie Lanier
Derrick Thomas
Buck Buchanan
Emmitt Thomas

Runners Up
Curley Culp
Johnny Robinson

Simply because they are all in Canton.
That's the gold jacket standard.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 06:02 PM 03-01-2024
1. Chris Jones - He’s the second biggest reason why we’ve had 3 SBs in the last 5 years. He’s also the best Defensive Tackle to ever play for the Chiefs.
2 L’Jarius Sneed is the best defensive back to ever play for the Chiefs.
3. Derrick Thomas- I still remember watching him on tv getting 7 sacks in a single game
4. Dale Carter and
5. Neil Smith…. I don’t care for either of these players because defected to the Broncos
[Reply]
lcarus 06:12 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mike Maslowski
William Bartee
Ryan Sims
Rich Scanlon
Ben Nieman
Beat me to it. I was gonna put Percy Snow and Kendrick Lewis in there somewhere.
[Reply]
scho63 07:13 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mike Maslowski
William Bartee
Ryan Sims
Rich Scanlon
Ben Nieman
Not close to the 5 worse but Ryan Sims belongs there for sure.

Percy Snow?
Mike "toast" Brown?
[Reply]
BossChief 07:19 PM 03-01-2024
The players I’ve watched play…

DThomas
CJones
LJSneed
TMcDuffie
THali over DJ by a hair because I prefer pass rushers, but DJ was phenomenal after Haley got him to take it up a notch.

Hali had many seasons that he would have had 20+ sacks if OTs weren’t allowed to blatantly choke hold him all game. If holding was enforced and they weren’t allowed to…I bet he would have gotten 25 sacks in 2010.
[Reply]
scho63 07:34 PM 03-01-2024
The defensive players I HATE the most are Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey, the LSU Dynamic Disasters

Two lazy pieces of shit we drafted back-to-back at #5 in 2008 and #3 in 2009.

That may be the WORST year over year wastes and busts of high first round picks.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:47 PM 03-01-2024
Bobby Bell, Willie Lanier, Derrick, Thomas, Chris Jones, Albert Lewis,
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:29 PM 03-01-2024
I became a die hard fan in 2003. I can’t say I’m confident in ranking guys I watched prior to that point, as I was extremely casual and also a child. That said, on the defensive side:

Derrick Johnson
Justin Houston
Chris Jones
Eric Berry
L’jarius Sneed

Honorable mentions to Hali and Jared Allen but I’m a big fan of “peak” arguments and these guys have peaked the highest or were extremely good for an extended period of time.

On offense, I’d say:

Mahomes
Kelce
Shields
Tyreek Hill
Tony Gonzalez

Honorable mentions to Roaf, Priest Holmes, Jamaal Charles, Larry Johnson and Kareem Hunt.

We’ve really been fortunate with offenses this century. When Jamaal Charles doesn’t even make a “peak” guy’s top 5, you know we had some stacked offenses. I just couldn’t put him above Mahomes for obvious reasons, two top 3 TEs, of all time, one of the best guards of all time who retired a Chief with 223 consecutive starts, and probably the most electric playmaker in league history in Tyreek.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:31 PM 03-01-2024
I wanted to give an honorable mention to Brandon Flowers too. Prior to Sneed and McDuffie, I’d have said he was our best CB since pre-2000.

That’s kinda sad but he was very good there for a couple years.
[Reply]
KC Shox 08:34 PM 03-01-2024
Deron Cherry, Derrick Thomas, Albert Lewis, Neil Smith, Chris Jones.

Honorable mentions: Kevin Ross, Bill Maas, Jared Allen and Gary Spani
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up