ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 28
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:51 AM 03-03-2024
They'll lock Skyy in a room with a radioactive spider first
[Reply]
VAChief 09:53 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
A lot of mocks have Colts taking CB @ 15. They would be an interesting trade partner. We swap 1st rounders with them and they get Sneed.

I feel like we should still get another pick from them, like their 4th?
We would be lucky to get the 15th let alone another 4th. I would be effing thrilled with a low 2nd and maybe a 4th/5th.

If you can get 5 picks between 32 and 100 and there is talent to fill some of our holes and save some money for some FA bargains as well.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:58 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Two thirds of the roster are free agents in 2015. No we don't.

And we will have added 12-15 draft picks to that roster by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
In58men 10:12 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
We would be lucky to get the 15th let alone another 4th. I would be effing thrilled with a low 2nd and maybe a 4th/5th.

If you can get 5 picks between 32 and 100 and there is talent to fill some of our holes and save some money for some FA bargains as well.
Swapping first round picks, plus they get Sneed seems like a win for the Colts more so than the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:16 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
And we will have added 12-15 draft picks to that roster by then.

No, it's a bad idea.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:19 AM 03-03-2024
No, it's a bad idea.

Oh im not advocating for it.

Im just saying its not impossible and i wouldnt be mad if that is what happened.

I think we have a potential to get our own justin Jefferson in the draft, even if we dont move up.

[Reply]
bigjosh 10:23 AM 03-03-2024
Oh im not advocating for it.

Im just saying its not impossible and i wouldnt be mad if that is what happened.

I think we have a potential to get our own justin Jefferson in the draft, even if we dont move up.

My preference is to sign mooney for an identical contract to the MVS one, take legette at 32, and address TE later in the draft.

This makes our offense dangerous on every level of the field like it was in 2018.

[Reply]
tredadda 10:24 AM 03-03-2024
We weren't paying Mahomes then. Big difference.
Plus KC had just lost the AFCCG because the defense was atrocious. They needed to change the culture and Clark was one part of that.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:28 AM 03-03-2024
My preference is to sign mooney for an identical contract to the MVS one, take legette at 32, and address TE later in the draft.

This makes our offense dangerous on every level of the field like it was in 2018.

Yep totally agree. The more I look at Leggett the more interesting he becomes. And Mooney is an obvious move to me.
[Reply]
dtrain 11:01 AM 03-03-2024
Saw this trade idea in comments Snead and #32 to Bears for #9
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:03 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by dtrain:

That puts us in range for odunze, alt or nabers

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:05 AM 03-03-2024
That would mean that we received the equivalent of pick 23-ish for Snead.

No brainer if the Bears would accept that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 03-03-2024
Once again....why wouldn't the Bears just re-sign their own CB who is a FA? Jaylon Johnson is pretty damn good himself.
[Reply]
dtrain 11:20 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Once again....why wouldn't the Bears just re-sign their own CB who is a FA? Jaylon Johnson is pretty damn good himself.
It doesn’t have to be the Bears
[Reply]
nychief 11:29 AM 03-03-2024
You are out of your fucking mind if you think the Bears would ever do this. Sneed isn't as valuable as one would think...because they have to pay him too.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 28
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up