ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 28
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:51 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Not to mention a contrast bigger than the one we wouldn't give Tyreek.

To be fair, tyreek was on his third contract heading into his 30s.

Jefferson is 24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 03-03-2024
Jefferson? Really? Just give them our #1 in 2024, another #1 in 2025 and pay him $30 million a year for 5 years?

In which multiverse does Veach make that move? When has he ever did that? We just won 2 SB's with at best, average WR's. Come on CP, we don't have to mortgage the future to win a SB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:16 AM 03-03-2024
Minnesota isn’t trading JJ anyways. He’s gonna be there for the rookie they’re about to go get at QB.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:17 AM 03-03-2024
This POS still here?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:18 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I'm seeing some stuff about the Vikings possibly trading Justin Jefferson to the Chiefs. I also saw something that identified CB as one of their needs, though a little down the list. Is it possible that the Chiefs are working a deal to trade Sneed to the Vikings for Jefferson with whatever other compensation might be necessary there?
From who? :-) we aren't trading for Jefferson
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:19 AM 03-03-2024
In what world do we have the cap for a 30 million WR without GUTTING the defense?
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:33 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Jefferson? Really? Just give them our #1 in 2024, another #1 in 2025 and pay him $30 million a year for 5 years?

In which multiverse does Veach make that move? When has he ever did that? We just won 2 SB's with at best, average WR's. Come on CP, we don't have to mortgage the future to win a SB.

Umm frank clark?

Frank clark was:
-less established at his position.
-more expensive in total cap percentage than Jefferson is looking to be

[Reply]
Al Czervik 09:36 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
In what world do we have the cap for a 30 million WR without GUTTING the defense?
Fantasy Land.....

via GIPHY

[Reply]
In58men 09:38 AM 03-03-2024
A lot of mocks have Colts taking CB @ 15. They would be an interesting trade partner. We swap 1st rounders with them and they get Sneed.

I feel like we should still get another pick from them, like their 4th?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:

Umm frank clark?

Frank clark was:

It wasn't 2 #1's. And it was a horrible deal that Veach will never repeat. We wernt even paying Mahomes yet. You guys need to live in the real world.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:39 AM 03-03-2024

Umm frank clark?

Frank clark was:

We weren't paying Mahomes then. Big difference.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:42 AM 03-03-2024
If you were going to pay a WR that much and go YOLO on defense...you just keep Reek. This isn't how Veach is building the team thankfully.

Easiest way to a championship? Give your HOF QB a top defense.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:44 AM 03-03-2024
I didn't expect this much retardation.

Thread delivered.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:48 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We weren't paying Mahomes then. Big difference.

We currently have a projected 100m in cap available for 2025, and if jawan taylor underperforms this year we can free up 20m more by cutting him.

Theres money there.

Signings this year have more impact on 2025 money than the first year. And the contract structure the chiefs use doesn’t handicap them into paying huge dead money for late year cap casualty.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:50 AM 03-03-2024
We currently have a projected 100m in cap available for 2025, and if jawan taylor underperforms this year we can free up 20m more by cutting him.

Theres money there.

Signings this year have more impact on 2025 money than the first year. And the contract structure the chiefs use doesn’t handicap them into paying huge dead money for late year cap casualty.

Two thirds of the roster are free agents in 2015. No we don't.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 28
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up