ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 256
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:13 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We're playing with house money. Nobody's going to give them a chance to win, everything is on Baltimore to close the deal.
No. We are the one who knocks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:13 PM 01-21-2024
I am not starting the game thread.

We learned this lesson in 2021.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:13 PM 01-21-2024
One thing that we haven’t mentioned.

Baltimore is also vulnerable to the run. They allowed 4.5 yards per carry just like we did.

If we get Pacheco going, anything can happen.
[Reply]
Stryker 10:15 PM 01-21-2024
We win! Chiefs vs. Lions = CHIEFS WIN!
[Reply]
DRM08 10:15 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If the Chiefs lose, it doesn’t change much. Mahomes has been to six straight AFCCGs still. 2 rings. 2 MVPs. All good. An incredible run even with a couple “down years” mixed in.

If the Ravens lose, what more does Lamar need to win? He’s got the defense. He’s got the receivers. He’s got the 1 seed. He’s at home. He’s playing a “vulnerable” Chiefs team. Absolute must win for his legacy.

By no stretch would he be the first great regular season QB to routinely come up short in the postseason.

I see very little pressure on the Chiefs right now.
Way more pressure on Baltimore, no doubt. KC has already made it much further than expected after that horrible loss on Christmas Day. Give it a shot and see how it goes. Make the Ravens earn it in the 4th quarter, which would be a tougher game than they played against Houston.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:16 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No. We are the one who knocks.
of course.

but that won't be the narrative.

And my money's always on Petty Patrick. He hears the talk.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:17 PM 01-21-2024
Love that Lamar is about to win the MVP. You know damn well Mahomes is well aware of that. We will see who the best QB is next Sunday.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:17 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If the Chiefs lose, it doesn’t change much. Mahomes has been to six straight AFCCGs still. 2 rings. 2 MVPs. All good. An incredible run even with a couple “down years” mixed in.

If the Ravens lose, what more does Lamar need to win? He’s got the defense. He’s got the receivers. He’s got the 1 seed. He’s at home. He’s playing a “vulnerable” Chiefs team. Absolute must win for his legacy.

By no stretch would he be the first great regular season QB to routinely come up short in the postseason.

I see very little pressure on the Chiefs right now.
We're playing with house money. Nobody's going to give them a chance to win, everything is on Baltimore to close the deal.
Yep, I was thinking that about this game, but having another AFCCG in their pocket is nice... and at worse they'd be 3-3 in AFCCGs, and just making it back there after a SB run is fantastic.

As good as I felt about today's game, there still would have been a little annoyance at losing to the Bills and just a little sadness not making it back to the AFCCG again.

Next week... Ravens win, who cares. They aren't our rivals like the Bills and outside of having to watch Lamar Jackson in the SB, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I spent all this week trying to keep my hopes from being sky high... don't think that will happen this week. Feels good to be here, confident they can win. If not... reload for next year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:18 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Love that Lamar is about to win the MVP. You know damn well Mahomes is well aware of that. We will see who the best QB is next Sunday.
Would be really weird to have that huge gap in MVPs winning the Super Bowl then have it happen back to back.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:21 PM 01-21-2024
I feel like we need to establish the run and use some play-action this game. Their strength is the front 7 but their LBs are aggressive. Get them to bite.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:21 PM 01-21-2024
of course.

but that won't be the narrative.

And my money's always on Petty Patrick. He hears the talk.
Pats better on the road and when ppl doubt him. I agree he is petty. He hears the noise and the doubters. It fuels him. Just like Jordan
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:22 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I feel like we need to establish the run and use some play-action this game. Their strength is the front 7 but their LBs are aggressive. Get them to bite.
Lamar is a major front runner.

Keep this game close and see which QB can make the play to win it.

I’ll take my chances with Mahomes all day.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 PM 01-21-2024
Minshew dropped 38 on that defense. Stafford dropped 31.

Burrow and the Bengals offense had a good game against them in the middle of their funk to start the season.

They haven't seen a QB like Pat all season.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:24 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I want a Chiefs/Lions SB.
If this does happen, I assure you we will not end the season the way we started it!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:25 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yep, I was thinking that about this game, but having another AFCCG in their pocket is nice... and at worse they'd be 3-3 in AFCCGs, and just making it back there after a SB run is fantastic.

As good as I felt about today's game, there still would have been a little annoyance at losing to the Bills and just a little sadness not making it back to the AFCCG again.

Next week... Ravens win, who cares. They aren't our rivals like the Bills and outside of having to watch Lamar Jackson in the SB, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I spent all this week trying to keep my hopes from being sky high... don't think that will happen this week. Feels good to be here, confident they can win. If not... reload for next year.
Objectively, the season has been a success. When you make the final four, it's a good season.

Subjectively, it will suck losing with Mahomes, Kelce, and a talented defense. The players will be the first to feel that way. They're not content with making it this far.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 256
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up