ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 256
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:00 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It’s stunning and also amazing that the defending champs are playing with house money in the playoffs. All the pressure is on everyone else and as such KC can play loose.
If the Chiefs lose, it doesn’t change much. Mahomes has been to six straight AFCCGs still. 2 rings. 2 MVPs. All good. An incredible run even with a couple “down years” mixed in.

If the Ravens lose, what more does Lamar need to win? He’s got the defense. He’s got the receivers. He’s got the 1 seed. He’s at home. He’s playing a “vulnerable” Chiefs team. Absolute must win for his legacy.

By no stretch would he be the first great regular season QB to routinely come up short in the postseason.

I see very little pressure on the Chiefs right now.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:00 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I still stand by this… I don’t like Lamar when he’s behind. I hate his body language. I hate how he he plays when he has to rely on the pass. We gotta get ahead and fast. I’m not convinced Lamar has the juice to catch up to us
This is a great point.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:02 PM 01-21-2024
My biggest concern is stopping the run. I would probably load up to do that and let our DB's man up.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If the Chiefs lose, it doesn’t change much. Mahomes has been to six straight AFCCGs still. 2 rings. 2 MVPs. All good. An incredible run even with a couple “down years” mixed in.

If the Ravens lose, what more does Lamar need to win? He’s got the defense. He’s got the receivers. He’s got the 1 seed. He’s at home. He’s playing a “vulnerable” Chiefs team. Absolute must win for his legacy.

By no stretch would he be the first great regular season QB to routinely come up short in the postseason.

Their cokehead WR is gonna cough one up.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:04 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
My biggest concern is stopping the run. I would probably load up to do that and let our DB's man up.
Even though the Bills had been relying on the run a lot lately, I don’t think Spags was ever going to dare Allen to beat us with his arm.

I think you take that chance with Lamar and these DBs.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:07 PM 01-21-2024
The pressure is on Lamar, just as it was with Allen and the Bills. They've pounded the table about wanting to have the home game, well ok. Now you gotta deliver, and every big play we make you can feel your crowd's assholes drawing up.

Jackson has never beaten a legit qb in the post season.

Spags usually has a pretty good plan for Jackson, and except for some lucky yoloballs he completed on guys like Charvarius Ward, he's essentially erased him as a passer.

Gotta have a better plan against the run and the check downs. You don't generally want your defense defending 70 snaps.

Get after them and make a play, or get the drive over with and ball back to Mahomes.

Death by papercut isn't good.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:07 PM 01-21-2024
I think so but man so damn much of what they do revolve around jumping ahead and then draining possessions with their running game. They really haven’t been challenged to play that way this year. The chiefs have always dealt with this every time they play Baltimore. It’s always that feeling that if we go down 2 scores Baltimore can drain a desperate team.

We are not one of those teams. Harbaugh and Lamar know they will need to score points to win
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:08 PM 01-21-2024
Even though the Bills had been relying on the run a lot lately, I don’t think Spags was ever going to dare Allen to beat us with his arm.

I think you take that chance with Lamar and these DBs.
Definitely agree.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:08 PM 01-21-2024
Lamar is the MVP this year and has improved drastically, he’s now looking to pass first instead of run. It’s gonna be a great game! Ravens defense was also #1 this year
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:09 PM 01-21-2024
Take the gameplan from Buffalo in the second half and amplify it. Stack the box make Lamar throw the ball down the field. I dont fear any of their receivers. Josh Allen has the arm strength to make you pay. Lamar tries to throw deep under pressure those balls are going to flutter and get picked.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:09 PM 01-21-2024
No doubts. If Baltimore runs the ball well it will be a long game for KC. Stop that and I like their chances. Lamar has been a better passer this year, but I question whether he can beat KC with his arm. Their defense will be a challenge. They made the Texans offense who was playing very well look bad. Granted Stroud is no Mahomes, but KC will still need to play a clean game on offense.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:09 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Lamar is the MVP this year and has improved drastically, he’s now looking to pass first instead of run. It’s gonna be a great game! Ravens defense was also #1 this year
The players around him have improved drastically. And the defense is elite. I don't think Lamar is anything special as a passer. Nor does he need to be on that team until someone pushes him to throw every down.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:09 PM 01-21-2024

We're playing with house money. Nobody's going to give them a chance to win, everything is on Baltimore to close the deal.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:11 PM 01-21-2024
I like our DB matchups a ton. McDuffie will erase Flowers and Snead will blanket who is ever left. Gotta stop the run and force Lamar to throw. I might be tempted to put Snead on Andrews if he is back.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:12 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Take the gameplan from Buffalo in the second half and amplify it. Stack the box make Lamar throw the ball down the field. I dont fear any of their receivers. Josh Allen has the arm strength to make you pay. Lamar tries to throw deep under pressure those balls are going to flutter and get picked.
I hope its windy AF
[Reply]
Page 6 of 256
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up