ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 04-12-2023
New thread to discuss all things MU Basketball related heading into year 2 of the Gates era.

Thus far we've had a couple of misses in the portal and lost a non-factor. I suppose I can update the OP as roster changes come about.

Updates:

2023-2024 roster:

Spoiler!

Is it just me or is that a MASSIVE roster?

Departures: Hodge, Gomillion, Gholston, Sterberg (eligibility). Brown, Mosely (pro), DeGray, Diarra (transfer)

2024 Commitment list:

Marcus Allen -- 4* forward
Antonio (T.O.) Barrett -- 4* Guard
Peyton Marshall -- 4* Center
Annor Boateng -- 4* Guard
Trent Burns -- 4* Center

Probable Rotation:
Spoiler!

Schedule:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:39 PM 03-13-2024
Well the perfect season has been completed.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:41 PM 03-13-2024
THE PERFECT SEASON IS COMPLETE….
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:12 PM 03-13-2024
Woohoo they did it! They actually did it!
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 10:13 PM 03-13-2024
I don't know if Gates can recover from this season. What a disaster.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:24 PM 03-13-2024
No wonder the AD fucking bailed
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:47 AM 03-14-2024
Gates doesn't know defense. Bwillie was right.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:11 AM 03-14-2024
Well, glad that is over.

I watched last night for the first time in a few weeks and confirmed my months-old belief that if I never seen Nick Honor, Noah Carter, or Conor Vanover play again, it will be too soon.

Man. Just three guys being asked to do too much at a level they just canít do it.

As soon as Honor did his patented ďdrive into the teeth of the defense and pivot aimlessly until throwing up a prayer of a scoop rather than draw a five seconds callĒ late, I knew it was over. That we got a Carter missed layup and bricked three, and an offensive rebound that led to a 3 for the opposing team, 2023-24 Mizzou bingo card was complete.

Next year is a big year for Gates now, obviously. He will have the type of team he has wanted - size, length, and athleticism to spare.

If they can keep Bates in the fold and add another good player in the portal, combined with Boateng, they should have more competent offensive sources. They really need Boateng or the portal guy to be someone that can create off the bounce.

Iím optimistic about Anthony Robinson and Jordan Butler and Trent Pierce and their potential. Hopefully lights come on in year 2 for them.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:59 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Well, glad that is over.

I watched last night for the first time in a few weeks and confirmed my months-old belief that if I never seen Nick Honor, Noah Carter, or Conor Vanover play again, it will be too soon.

Man. Just three guys being asked to do too much at a level they just canít do it.

As soon as Honor did his patented ďdrive into the teeth of the defense and pivot aimlessly until throwing up a prayer of a scoop rather than draw a five seconds callĒ late, I knew it was over. That we got a Carter missed layup and bricked three, and an offensive rebound that led to a 3 for the opposing team, 2023-24 Mizzou bingo card was complete.

Next year is a big year for Gates now, obviously. He will have the type of team he has wanted - size, length, and athleticism to spare.

If they can keep Bates in the fold and add another good player in the portal, combined with Boateng, they should have more competent offensive sources. They really need Boateng or the portal guy to be someone that can create off the bounce.

Iím optimistic about Anthony Robinson and Jordan Butler and Trent Pierce and their potential. Hopefully lights come on in year 2 for them.
Yeah this year was abysmal, but I'm willing to give Gates another year to see what he can do with his guys. If next year is even kinda like this year, then he's probably getting fired. Can't have a team full of non defenders with no offensive talent and expect to win anything.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up