View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 100 of 343
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 08:59 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
its just amazing to me that this guy actually thinks he is a top LT. He definitely is very good but I doubt he is even top 10.
He's good, but nothing special. Certainly not worth what he is trying to get. Im glad Veach isn't caving. I voted early on in this poll not to pay him the top LT $$$. Bet many who voted to do so back then would vote differently now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
When Williams got 25 mil and we traded for Brown who already made it known he wanted to play LT we all knew he was going to ask for a bag. If Veach ends up walking after trading what he did for Brown that's bad. Real bad.
Nah.

We got a full season of competent LT at well below the market price for one at the equivalent value of a mid-late 2nd round pick. And we'll recapture some of that even if he walks via a comp pick.

And there's still the very strong possibility of at least 1 more year of quality play on the tag.

It's important to remember what our alternatives where when that deal was made. They were drying up FAST once Williams signed with SF (and he got $23 and some change, IIRC).

If we just get the one year and then a comp pick, we're only a little underwater on the deal. If we get a 2nd year at the tag cost, we're about dead-even given the positional value of LT and where we are in the competitive cycle. And we're money ahead if/when the comp pick is factored in.

Everything Veach did wrong in the Clark trade (overpaid badly in draft compensation, immediately overpaid on a new contract) he corrected on the Brown deal. He gave commensurate value for the player, getting a 2nd back for his first instead of including a 2nd WITH his first as he did with Clark. He didn't immediately sign the player to a new contract that gutted the surplus value of the acquisition.

Veach is fine here. At worst he loses the trade by a little bit. More likely is he wins it by a little.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:01 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Is that really relevant? How we got here is history.

Letting the guy walk and us spending draft capitol on another LT with no guarantee they will be any better than Brown sounds insane to me.
They wouldn't just let him "walk". They'll get draft picks for him one way or the other, if that's the route they decide is beneficial for them.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 07-15-2022
I said it earlier in this thread I think and it's complete hindsight, but if you knew this was gonna happen the way it has pre draft, you coulda pivoted and went a different direction.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:07 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I said it earlier in this thread I think and it's complete hindsight, but if you knew this was gonna happen the way it has pre draft, you coulda pivoted and went a different direction.
If you knew that you weren't going to be able to sign him to a long-term deal this offseason, you would've just tagged him and done exactly what they've done.

There is nothing harmful about the guy's playing on the tag this season. It's two different perceptions of value and a player who wants to bet on himself.
[Reply]
TEX 09:07 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Is that really relevant? How we got here is history.

Letting the guy walk and us spending draft capitol on another LT with no guarantee they will be any better than Brown sounds insane to me.
A good leader does not double down on a bad decision, he fixes it. If KC has to move on from OBJ, because of his outrageous contract demands, then Veach will do it. You do not double down by giving him contract that makes him the highest paid LT. Otherwise, we could be looking at another Frank Clark type situation, which sounds insane to me.
[Reply]
TEX 09:08 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If you knew that you weren't going to be able to sign him to a long-term deal this offseason, you would've just tagged him and done exactly what they've done.

There is nothing harmful about the guy's playing on the tag this season. It's two different perceptions of value and a player who wants to bet on himself.
Exactly the case.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:08 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't really understand the Fisher stuff.

If you're gonna roll with someone else, just roll with one of the guys on the roster already.
His knowledge of the offense and Mahomes being comfortable with him is pretty much it for me. He sucked in Indy last year, but he returned rather quickly from the Achilles injury, so would any of us be shocked to learn it held him back?

And Fisher or no Fisher, I'm fine with putting the position up for grabs if Brown is stupid enough to hold out through camp and possibly into the season.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Possibly. But you've also got the long term situation to look at.

LT isnt' a spot you really wanna have in flux. So if you could have moved him for a pick and been able to grab a guy that you like long term, it woudln't have been the worst thing.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:12 AM 07-15-2022

#Chiefs franchise-tagged OT Orlando Brown Jr.’s agent, Michael Portner, tells me the sides weren’t able to reach a long-term deal.

KC offered Brown the highest signing bonus and APY on 6-year deal, but Brown’s team decided there wasn’t enough security over the life of the deal.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 15, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 07-15-2022

The #Chiefs were willing to fully guarantee money through next season, but Orlando Brown’s camp wanted more security. So no deal for Brown, as expected. He can earn $16.7 million on the franchise tag this season if he signs it before Week 1. https://t.co/PqXEwoauOD

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) July 15, 2022

[Reply]
TribalElder 09:14 AM 07-15-2022
Expect to see a signing announcement for this loser’s replacement
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:15 AM 07-15-2022

Portner: “We got really close. We dealing with the Chiefs and we understand their position as well. I’m not gonna let these athletes sign a flashy contract without the substance or security there.”

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 15, 2022

[Reply]
TribalElder 09:17 AM 07-15-2022
Aka he intends to go to shit during this contract and wants to make sure he still gets paid
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:18 AM 07-15-2022
Kick rocks OBJ, no way we paying you 25 mil
[Reply]
Page 100 of 343
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up