« First < 323839404142 4344 >
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
tredadda 08:05 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Might as well have Obi Wan come and save the harfoots from the Klingons
I get it, but like others have said the story has all but painted the stranger as him. He uses Gandalf lines, is clad in grey, is unfazed by fire, and has bonded with the Harfoots (the ancestors of Hobbits). I feel they did it because they are trying to appeal to a larger audience than fanboys. As such Gandalf is easily recognizable as a name to the non educated. I think deviating from Gandalf might be harder than just including him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 PM 10-17-2022
I'm looking forward to seeing how Sauron goes from Numenorian prisoner to Ar Pharazon's most trusted advisor and how he convinces most of Numenor to worship Melkor. Like WTF man?
omg

this show is going to be better than i thought

Originally Posted by :
As time passed, it came to his attention that Sauron, the Lord of Mordor, was expanding his power throughout Middle-earth and was being called the Lord of Men. Ar-Pharazôn, ever prideful, resolved to challenge him lordship of the earth.

In SA 3261, he marched upon Mordor with an army so powerful that Sauron's forces simply deserted him. But Sauron was cunning, and he feigned to be overawed at Ar-Pharazôn's might. The king did not trust Sauron, and brought him back to Númenor as a hostage.

However, Sauron quickly took advantage of his situation to gain Ar-Pharazôn's trust, and by way of careful flattery, lies and half-truths, he soon became the king's closest and most trusted advisor. He was able to corrupt Ar-Pharazôn, convincing him to worship Morgoth in the hope that he would be able to cheat mortality.

Some of the results of Sauron's cunning were the erecting of a Great Temple to Morgoth, intense persecution of the Faithful, and the chopping down of the White Tree of Númenor. Soon the king and his followers were worshiping Morgoth openly and burning innocents at the altar of the temple as sacrificial offerings to appease the false god.

[Reply]
Graystoke 08:27 PM 10-17-2022
The Stranger is a Blue Wizard. I highly doubt they are going to complicate the story by inserting Gandalf where he doesn’t belong.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:51 PM 10-17-2022
Might as well have Obi Wan come and save the harfoots from the Klingons
Whatever gets and keeps people watching.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:56 PM 10-17-2022
It’s definitely Gandalf. In addition to the verbatim dialogue they show the moths when he destroys those beings. Gandalf has a thing for moths.
[Reply]
Fish 10:08 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’s definitely Gandalf. In addition to the verbatim dialogue they show the moths when he destroys those beings. Gandalf has a thing for moths.
The moths which he completely individually murdered in the process? Yeah....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
The moths which he completely individually murdered in the process? Yeah....
are you a bug lover? :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:12 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Every indication on the show has been that it's Gandalf, yeah.
[Reply]
Fish 10:12 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
are you a bug lover? :-)
Bug lover? I'm talking about them making a very obvious point about The Stranger drawing life from different plants/animals resulting in their death.
[Reply]
loochy 08:28 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
The Stranger is a Blue Wizard. I highly doubt they are going to complicate the story by inserting Gandalf where he doesn’t belong.

See, that's what I was thinking. It all lines up to be one of the Blue Wizards, with the timing and the need to go to Rhun. It fits just right. Also, the Blue Wizards have almost no written history, so the story can go absolutely anywhere with them. It opens a lot of possibilities story wise.

I guess we have to wait about a year to find out.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:02 AM 10-18-2022
See, that's what I was thinking. It all lines up to be one of the Blue Wizards, with the timing and the need to go to Rhun. It fits just right. Also, the Blue Wizards have almost no written history, so the story can go absolutely anywhere with them. It opens a lot of possibilities story wise.

I guess we have to wait about a year to find out.
I think they are throwing out red meat to the fanbase, which in my opinion is a red herring. Gandalf is a fan favorite but lets be real. Having the Stranger be a Blue Wizard gives the show liberties and an empty canvas to create story lines.
Another thing to think about. If the Stranger is a Blue Wizard, there may be an ultimate reveal of a second Blue Wizard. Perhaps that is what the Stranger is seeking as he heads East.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 08:58 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I did find it a bit odd that they sail to middle earth knowing only that they needed to go to the general region of the Southlands & somehow ride straight to the town where the battle is taking place.
So I actually figured this out on rewatch.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 07:18 PM 10-21-2022
Watching this season of ROP and the discourse in this thread has provided a lot of info I didn't know....that I didn't know. I decided to rewatch the first three movies. I'm halfway through TFOTR and have picked up on a lot of things I didn't notice before.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:38 PM 10-21-2022
Wizard are not in middle earth during 2nd age juuuust saying
[Reply]
kccrow 09:17 PM 10-21-2022
If I had to guess the identity of The Stranger...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 42 of 44
« First < 323839404142 4344 >
Up