ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 1208
« First < 1969109115116117118119 1201211221231291692196191119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 07:28 PM 02-28-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So I have been trying to get more into fish. It's relatively cheap and a good source of lean protein. I usually stick with Tilapia, Cod and Swai fillets and just pan fry them.

I have never been much into Salmon but I also have never really cooked it myself. I bought a 1 lb Sockeye Salmon fillet with the skin on today. What's the best way to cook this? Skin left on, grill/broil, sauce?

Thanks
I dont get to fancy just brush with butter, salt and Old Bay Black. Out on the grill in foil loosely open. I use a smoke box. I like that way so I have never bothered to buy the fish grate or the wood smoke planks. If it has skin I fillet it off.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:30 PM 02-28-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Thanks, I have had a bit of practice. :-) It's the cracker style crust the gives me fits, makes me want a dough sheeter.

Seriously, well done. I'm envious.
[Reply]
scho63 07:31 PM 02-28-2016
I cooked Mrs T's classic onion pierogies. They were excellent. They haven't changed their formula or size, unlike stupid Celentano Ravioli's who put so little cheese in them anymore they suck.

Boiled them first for about 7 minutes then quickly stuck them in a non-stick pan with very little oil and pan fried them for crispy exterior. Had sauteed onions and butter to add when finished.

I'll go with Mrs T's Pierogies when I'm in the mood for a filled pasta dumpling.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:54 PM 02-28-2016
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
My wife really likes Teriyaki

I usually marinade in this:

and grill medium....

Oddly it also tastes pretty good with a little BBQ sauce glazed on it after marinading in the soy vey.

You can just do lemon and butter with salmon too, but thats pretty boring....

Dill is also good.....

Smoking it for dips and spreads is also the BOMB. We used to eat a lot of salmon....

(yes I would leave the skin on and grill...slow/medium....even covered in tinfoil.....)
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can't really go wrong lew, grill, bake, skillet etc.

I like to bake it. I've got a good sweet mustard sauce for salmon, I'll see if I can find it
Originally Posted by srvy:
I dont get to fancy just brush with butter, salt and Old Bay Black. Out on the grill in foil loosely open. I use a smoke box. I like that way so I have never bothered to buy the fish grate or the wood smoke planks. If it has skin I fillet it off.
Thanks ladies.

I took the 1 lb fillet and cut in half. First time was a teriyaki marinade that was really good. Second time was olive oil and old bay seasoning with some garlic powder. Good as well.

Mustard sauce sounds interesting, Ocity. I once had a friend make it with some sort of orange glaze. It was really tasty that way too. Not sure what he did.

Easy 4 minutes a side in the cast iron and it cooked up very nicely. I even enjoyed eating the skin!

Can't believe I have been missing out on quality protein that is super easy to cook.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:56 PM 02-28-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
I cooked Mrs T's classic onion pierogies. They were excellent. They haven't changed their formula or size, unlike stupid Celentano Ravioli's who put so little cheese in them anymore they suck.

Boiled them first for about 7 minutes then quickly stuck them in a non-stick pan with very little oil and pan fried them for crispy exterior. Had sauteed onions and butter to add when finished.

I'll go with Mrs T's Pierogies when I'm in the mood for a filled pasta dumpling.

Those are a favorite in the Lewdog household as well! We like the cheese ones. Fantastic eating actually.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:30 PM 02-28-2016
Tilapia I did a while back and was very good;

One egg scrambled
Flour seasoned
Club crackers run through food processer

Dip Tilapia in egg wash, flour, egg wash, cracker crumbs.
Pan fry in butter, top with a sprinkle of cheese.

Dipping sauce not shown;
Mix Thousand island dressing, Aldi horsey sauce, worcestershier, mustard and crack black pepper.
Attached: 000_0007.jpg (115.2 KB) 
[Reply]
cdcox 08:46 PM 02-28-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Tilapia I did a while back and was very good;

One egg scrambled
Flour seasoned
Club crackers run through food processer

Dip Tilapia in egg wash, flour, egg wash, cracker crumbs.
Pan fry in butter, top with a sprinkle of cheese.

Dipping sauce not shown;
Mix Thousand island dressing, Aldi horsey sauce, worcestershier, mustard and crack black pepper.
Nice looking plate.
[Reply]
scho63 08:53 PM 02-28-2016
Those are a favorite in the Lewdog household as well! We like the cheese ones. Fantastic eating actually.
I trust your judgement.

Best frozen or fresh ravioli? :-)
[Reply]
Buzz 09:00 PM 02-28-2016
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Nice looking plate.

Thanks, the wife really liked it, overheard her telling her mom how good it was. I'm going to have to try it again.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:03 PM 02-28-2016
I trust your judgement.

Best frozen or fresh ravioli? :-)
Is that a serious question?

For frozen pierogies, Mrs. T's are the best though.
[Reply]
scho63 09:44 PM 02-28-2016
Is that a serious question?

For frozen pierogies, Mrs. T's are the best though.
Very serious.

Pierogis are Polish dumplings, I'm looking for Italian Ravioli's. Celentano has gone down the tubes in quality
[Reply]
lewdog 03:32 PM 02-29-2016
Very serious.

Pierogis are Polish dumplings, I'm looking for Italian Ravioli's. Celentano has gone down the tubes in quality
I know nothing of Italian Ravioli's.

I just know I like Pierogis.

I am sorry.
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:39 PM 02-29-2016
i want buzz to cook me a meal one of these days
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:44 PM 02-29-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
i want buzz to cook me a meal one of these days

I would like Buzz to show me how he handles his dough. #nohomo
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 PM 02-29-2016
Panko breaded fried boneless pork chops, with the ever delicious Cavenders seasoning

Fresh asparagus

Baked potato

Simple to make, but delicious
[Reply]
Page 119 of 1208
« First < 1969109115116117118119 1201211221231291692196191119 > Last »
Up