ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 488
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:12 AM 03-15-2022
Word around Denver is they arent players for Von. New regime looking forward. Von is a big personality from the past. If the Rams cant pay him Id think it is a fairly open market but Von wants to play for a contender.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:34 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm not sure at this point if they can fit a WR and DE under the cap unless they start restructuring a bunch of contracts, and I'd rather not touch Chris Jones' contract this year.

I saw last night that with the Clark deal and a Mahomes restructure, plus Reid's new contract, we're at somewhere around $11 million.

Restructure Thuney - Add $10 million
Restructure Kelce - Add $5 million
I'm not sure if I see a new Hill deal right now. It might end up coming around the time that OBJ signs his franchise tag.

So we may have around $26 million. Is that enough to get a WR and a DE or two?
I don't think they're at $11M with the Clark deal, the Reid deal, and the Mahomes restrucuture, unless they're frontloading Reid's deal.

Playing around with OTC and reducing Clark's hit this year to the mark that saves 11.5M, and doing a max restructure on Mahomes, and giving Reid a deal that features a fairly typical structure for 3/30, I end up around $25M in space (20 cleared by Patrick's restructure and a net gain of 5 from the Clark/Reid deals).

That's before trying to reduce the $36M in hits you have from Orlando Brown and Tyreek Hill, which I would guess you can probably cut in half, or restructuring Kelce (which is an easy, no-brainer).
[Reply]
YayMike 09:43 AM 03-15-2022
Woh! Myles Jack released.... GET HIM!

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...ase-myles-jack
[Reply]
YayMike 03-15-2022, 09:43 AM
This message has been deleted by YayMike. Reason: Duplicate
MahomesMagic 09:47 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by YayMike:

We just spent 2 2nd round picks on off-ball linebackers who have played well. We're not a player here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:48 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by YayMike:

Chargers must be salivating.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Chargers must be salivating.
Or Broncos.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 AM 03-15-2022

Lions are re-signing DE Charles Harris to a 2-year $14 million deal, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
blake5676 03-15-2022, 09:52 AM
This message has been deleted by blake5676. Reason: should've looked at other thread
YayMike 09:54 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We just spent 2 2nd round picks on off-ball linebackers who have played well. We're not a player here.
I thought that too, but you can never have enough good players at linebacker. Especially the way we would use Sorenson and Neimann. Like Bob Barker use to say… if the price is right!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Probably a little too light in the seat and not quite long enough to really be a fit here. He's never really developed the functional strength I thought he would after he left Mizzou.

I still think he has something to offer somebody, but I don't know that he was the right guy for our system. He really should be a 3-4 OLB somewhere.
[Reply]
493rd 09:56 AM 03-15-2022
Wait, are we still trading for DK Metcalf????
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:58 AM 03-15-2022
DJ what moves what you like to see from this point forward in free agency? Honest question and respect your POV. Disregard the Frank Clark stuff that is over and done with.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 03-15-2022
I think we could get a guy like Arden Key on a cheaper 2-3 year deal kind of like we did with Reid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
DJ what moves what you like to see from this point forward in free agency? Honest question and respect your POV. Disregard the Frank Clark stuff that is over and done with.
I didn't have much interest in being terribly active in FA anyway.

I wanted to re-sign Ward, get a S (Reid fits fine there) and get Za'Darius Smith.

I would've liked to see Edmonds but I understand not spending that much on him.

Having lost out on Ward, I think Darious Williams would be an adequate replacement - little bit of a late-arriver though so he may not age as well as many. Very similar style of player to Ward who may come with less term but likely not a hell of a lot less in AAV. I'm probably not terribly interested in him at that AAV but with such a short track record he may struggle to get a market together.

I mean if we're bargain shopping, Derek Barnett would be a good place to start especially given his age. Kyzir White is someone else I'd really like to see brought in. Hate that we lost out on Cedrick Wilson at $7 million per but maybe Gage can be had in the same ballpark.

Arden Key and Rasheem Green are also younger veteran players who appear to be trending the right direction. The Chiefs really seemed to sour on Nnadi but if Bilal Nichols can be had for a reasonable figure I think he'd be a more versatile DT2 here to pair with Jones than Nnadi was.

I mean I guess the short answer is just let the market settle and see what's still standing.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 03-15-2022
Smith is the pass rusher they probably need. then check around elsewhere.

Another Rb woudln't be terrible but I wouldn't pay much there. Need a WR.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:10 AM 03-15-2022
DJ Chark to the Lions

Come on Allen Robinson....
[Reply]
Page 61 of 488
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up