ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
O.city 11:03 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't think they'll trade him, either.

But they could and IMO, they SHOULD.

Get a 3rd or something for him and let him go.
Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed.

I still think they get their shit together and end up doing what they thought they could and he's a big part of that.

But if you aren't going to resign him, move him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed.

I still think they get their shit together and end up doing what they thought they could and he's a big part of that.

But if you aren't going to resign him, move him.
The defensive line just isn't good enough to get anything done this year. I don't see how they're going to improve enough to get over the hump. JMO.

Given the deficiencies up front, I'd be entertaining future moves that involve just about anybody on the defense that's entering a contract situation, particularly Clark and/or HB.
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 11-01-2021
The defensive line just isn't good enough to get anything done this year. I don't see how they're going to improve enough to get over the hump. JMO.

Given the deficiencies up front, I'd be entertaining future moves that involve just about anybody on the defense that's entering a contract situation, particularly Clark and/or HB.
Maybe.

I just can't figure out why the DL is as bad as it is. I mean, there's talent there, they've shown it before. I dunno, I'm not sure it's THIS bad.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 11-01-2021
I can't imagine someone like Ogbah would be too expensive. Hell, maybe someone from Washington.

I dunno.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe.

I just can't figure out why the DL is as bad as it is. I mean, there's talent there, they've shown it before. I dunno, I'm not sure it's THIS bad.
For one thing, the experiment of playing Chris Jones at DE is an abject failure IMO. They basically schemed him right out of the game. Reminds me of Gunther trying to fix a Derrick Thomas that wasn't broken, stupid Falcon bullshit.

Frank Clark is a shell of a man and might as well sit on the sideline, he's non-existent. Alex Okafor is, well...Alex Okafor.

Our DE's are downright awful.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:13 AM 11-01-2021
I don’t see anyone taking on Clark’s contract in a trade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t see anyone taking on Clark’s contract in a trade.
The Chiefs would have to take on some of it, similar to what the Broncos did with Miller.

And of course, Clark isn't actually in the last year of his deal, most of his dead money just comes off the books after this season so there's both flexibility in that but also a hurdle to be overcome in that his contract isn't actually ending.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:21 AM 11-01-2021

As a member of the Chiefs Kingdom pic.twitter.com/s3fjAGUJjo

— JH0509 (@Jhuse0509) November 1, 2021

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:23 AM 11-01-2021
For one thing, the experiment of playing Chris Jones at DE is an abject failure IMO. They basically schemed him right out of the game. Reminds me of Gunther trying to fix a Derrick Thomas that wasn't broken, stupid Falcon bullshit.

Frank Clark is a shell of a man and might as well sit on the sideline, he's non-existent. Alex Okafor is, well...Alex Okafor.

Jesus, I haven't heard that in like 20 years. Forgot about that.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:23 AM 11-01-2021
Pass on OBJ. Been downhill since the boating deal.
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 11-01-2021

I agree there.

But I'd imagine moving Jones back inside, finding a DE woudl potentially fix that.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:23 AM 11-01-2021
The Chiefs would have to take on some of it, similar to what the Broncos did with Miller.

And of course, Clark isn't actually in the last year of his deal, most of his dead money just comes off the books after this season so there's both flexibility in that but also a hurdle to be overcome in that his contract isn't actually ending.
The biggest hurdle is Frank Clark's play on the field. He's been non-existent out there.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:24 AM 11-01-2021
I don't think they'll trade him, either.

But they could and IMO, they SHOULD.

Get a 3rd or something for him and let him go.
Michael Thomas.

Solves a lot of issues on offense, if he's healthy.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:24 AM 11-01-2021
The only WR I would trade for is Brandin Cooks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
The biggest hurdle is Frank Clark's play on the field. He's been non-existent out there.
There's that too.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up