ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 221
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
stumppy 03:27 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

He was no Daisy no Daisy at all
Nice. One of my favorite things about catfishing is you never know just how big a fish you're going to catch.
[Reply]
loochy 03:46 PM 04-04-2017

You look like a mountain man
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:02 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
You look like a mountain man
A mountain man from the flat lands.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:01 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Cool, caught my first in the middle of Feb. One bait I'm going to try this year is hotdogs soaked in anise. I've heard from a couple people that it works pretty good.
Take a pack of hotdogs, cut them in to thumb sized chunks. Soak them in the anise in a sealed container for a couple days. Leave them outside in the sun so they get nice and ripe.

Have fun man.
We use hot dogs soaked in cherry jello powder. leave it out three days, they eat it like it was going out of style.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:28 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
We use hot dogs soaked in cherry jello powder. leave it out three days, they eat it like it was going out of style.
Thanks for sharing a tip. I try anything to catch a fish.
[Reply]
O.city 08:00 PM 04-04-2017
Any of you guys do any sucker grabbing? We're getting all geared up and ready to head to our cabin on Norfork lake in northern Arkansas to do a little.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:37 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Any of you guys do any sucker grabbing? We're getting all geared up and ready to head to our cabin on Norfork lake in northern Arkansas to do a little.
I used to, it's a blast but I always freeze my balls off
[Reply]
loochy 05:12 AM 04-05-2017
Cool, caught my first in the middle of Feb. One bait I'm going to try this year is hotdogs soaked in anise. I've heard from a couple people that it works pretty good.
Take a pack of hotdogs, cut them in to thumb sized chunks. Soak them in the anise in a sealed container for a couple days. Leave them outside in the sun so they get nice and ripe.

Have fun man.
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I hear that an actual constipated turd on a hook will have them biting like crazy. Its like a double potency stinkbait.

Nasty ass fish
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:33 AM 04-05-2017

I'm digging the beard, thats a good look for ya!
[Reply]
bdj23 10:56 AM 04-20-2017
Tried to get out this morning to the Clinton outlet for some crappie.

I was able to fish for about 30 minutes in peace and quiet before i was swarmed by bucket people. How do people deal with these assholes? I honestly don't think they speak English. I had 3 people fishing on top of me in about a 25 foot area.

For those of you who don't know, bucket people are those Asian people who show up 20 at a time, with kikkoman soy sauce 5 gallon buckets, have no concept of personal space and keep every fish they catch no matter what. Creel limits be damned.

Fuck, i hate them so much.
[Reply]
loochy 11:30 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Tried to get out this morning to the Clinton outlet for some crappie.

I was able to fish for about 30 minutes in peace and quiet before i was swarmed by bucket people. How do people deal with these assholes? I honestly don't think they speak English. I had 3 people fishing on top of me in about a 25 foot area.

For those of you who don't know, bucket people are those Asian people who show up 20 at a time, with kikkoman soy sauce 5 gallon buckets, have no concept of personal space and keep every fish they catch no matter what. Creel limits be damned.

Fuck, i hate them so much.
I walk. I walk far away from parking lots or roads.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bdj23 11:43 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
I walk. I walk far away from parking lots or roads.
Posted via Mobile Device
I typically fish the Kansas river, which doesn't have a lot of shore access and can be a difficult spot with all the sunken debris and heavy current. I normally don't deal with crowds, bucket people, or lack of room down there.

But i was just killing time before work today and wanted to catch some crappie/white bass. The only time you can have room down there is getting up before the Sun!

I would be surprised if these people even had fishing licenses, seeing as how ignorant they are to creel and length limits, snagging, number of lures you can tie on your line ect ect.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
loochy 11:53 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I typically fish the Kansas river, which doesn't have a lot of shore access and can be a difficult spot with all the sunken debris and heavy current. I normally don't deal with crowds, bucket people, or lack of room down there.

But i was just killing time before work today and wanted to catch some crappie/white bass. The only time you can have room down there is getting up before the Sun!

I would be surprised if these people even had fishing licenses, seeing as how ignorant they are to creel and length limits, snagging, number of lures you can tie on your line ect ect.

:-):-):-)
call a game warden

http://ksoutdoors.com/Services/Law-Enforcement/Who-do-I-call
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:06 PM 04-20-2017
Gotta feed you round eyes somehow
[Reply]
wutamess 03:17 PM 04-20-2017

Have fun man.
Tried it before... baited a known catfish hole with anise and didn't catch shit.
However, one day we cleaned the sunfish we had caught earlier that day in that catfish hole. Came back at night and couldn't lay our poles down. I think we used hotdogs as bait That was YEARS ago. At least 20.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 221
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Up