ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Interesting Take on the OBJ to Cincy, Odell and DHop situations
DenverChief 09:23 AM 03-20-2023
Guy has some really good points - I enjoy his takes.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:27 AM 03-20-2023
Can you summarize?

It's 16 minutes long.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Can you summarize?

It's 16 minutes long.
"The end of the road" in the thumbnail reeks of clickbait.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:39 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Can you summarize?

It's 16 minutes long.
OBJ is a really good buisnessman - the contract he took, with Cincy, while less than what KC gave Jawaan was front loaded with the last 2 years option years. He could cancel his last 2 years at the age of 28 and go for the big bucks on a third contract.

Jawaan has a worse overall PFF grade for his position compared to OBJ. Doesn't think KC is done with OL and is still going to pursue another LT. Talks about Tunsil still.

Jawaan 2022 - 58.7
Jawaan 2021 - 60.4
Jawaan 2020 - 56.5
Jawaan 2019 - 63.7

OBJ 2022 - 75.8
OBJ 2021 - 75.4
OBJ 2020 - 76.5
OBJ 2019 - 72.0

He mentions PFF isn't the greatest metric but that when trying to grade OL its the best there is.

Chiefs trying to "plan something bigger" with all these "cap saving" moves. Mentions OBJ and DHop as realistic possibilities (talks about WR's "Blowing up" Patricks phone)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 03-20-2023
So nothing really new that hasn't already been said?
[Reply]
Warpaint69 09:45 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nope. Just another dudes opinion on youtube
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:48 AM 03-20-2023
I'm sorry I don't read all 1000 pages of a megathread to glean this information. Some of us actually have lives off the internet and enjoy a 16 minute video over hours of reading (mostly) meaningless posts.

you're welcome
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:50 AM 03-20-2023
also

via GIPHY

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I'm sorry I don't read all 1000 pages of a megathread to glean this information. Some of us actually have lives off the internet and enjoy a 16 minute video over hours of reading (mostly) meaningless posts.

you're welcome
Did I crawl up your ass about posting it? Nope. All I said was that what he's said has already been talked about.

And I'm assuming he filmed this before Tunsil signed his new deal because yeah...the Chiefs are probably done at LT now that they have Taylor.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:52 AM 03-20-2023
Did I crawl up your ass about posting it? Nope. All I said was that what he's said has already been talked about.

And I'm assuming he filmed this before Tunsil signed his new deal because yeah...the Chiefs are probably done at LT now that they have Taylor.
I'm just being sensitve this morning - nevermind me - he posted it yesterday and while I haven't studied the contract Tunisl got it isn't out the ordinary for a team to extend/restructure a guy before trading him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:54 AM 03-20-2023
I'm just being sensitve this morning - nevermind me - he posted it yesterday and while I haven't studied the contract Tunisl got it isn't out the ordinary for a team to extend/restructure a guy before trading him.
It would be extremely out of the ordinary to trade him now. Trading him would mean they lose cap space ($20 million this year alone). Tunsil to KC is dead.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:56 AM 03-20-2023
PFF sucks for the 1 millionth time. And it's not the the best metric there is lol
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:00 AM 03-20-2023
OBJ is a really good buisnessman - the contract he took, with Cincy, while less than what KC gave Jawaan was front loaded with the last 2 years option years. He could cancel his last 2 years at the age of 28 and go for the big bucks on a third contract.

Jawaan has a worse overall PFF grade for his position compared to OBJ. Doesn't think KC is done with OL and is still going to pursue another LT. Talks about Tunsil still.

Jawaan 2022 - 58.7
Jawaan 2021 - 60.4
Jawaan 2020 - 56.5
Jawaan 2019 - 63.7

OBJ 2022 - 75.8
OBJ 2021 - 75.4
OBJ 2020 - 76.5
OBJ 2019 - 72.0

He mentions PFF isn't the greatest metric but that when trying to grade OL its the best there is.

Chiefs trying to "plan something bigger" with all these "cap saving" moves. Mentions OBJ and DHop as realistic possibilities (talks about WR's "Blowing up" Patricks phone)
Oh awesome, another YouTube dipshit puking up all the shit that has already been discussed ad nauseum. And not only that it's another dipshit that uses PFF grades for offensive lineman.

Jawaan Taylor is a better athlete that OBJ and a better pass blocker. He is better suited for the Chiefs' offense than OBJ was. If OBJ was actually a "really good businessman" he would have took the deal KC offered him last offseason. After OBJ looks average at LT blocking for Joe Burrow, he's going to either finally have to move to RT to continue to get paid a starters salary.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:04 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
PFF sucks for the 1 millionth time. And it's not the the best metric there is lol
For Offensive Linemen? I'm all ears on what other metric there is?
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:06 AM 03-20-2023
It would be extremely out of the ordinary to trade him now. Trading him would mean they lose cap space ($20 million this year alone). Tunsil to KC is dead.
And that's fair - obviously a huge cap hit would be a massive deal breaker
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up