Right tackle 8 22.22%
Wide receiver 6 16.67%
Bumper Pool 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>You’re sitting at 31, what do you do:
Direckshun 06:16 PM 03-18-2023
The Chiefs are sitting there on draft day. The team largely looks like it does right now with no more splash moves having been made.

The three players are available on the board:

1. Promising pass rusher with Pro Bowl upside
2. Stud right tackle
3. A somewhat limited but dynamic WR

Which player do you take?

Poll forthcoming.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:38 AM 03-19-2023
Man it's tough. I feel like the value will be at Edge, with the best chance of getting a guy there who can make an immediate impact, but the NEED might be RT. If it's Edge I MUCH prefer someone like McDonald to guys like Hall and White, even if they fit the Spags type better. At RT I think the Bengals steal Wright and so it's just whether someone like Anton Harrison makes it to us.

I hate drafting for need over BPA, but if Niang is our RT can we wait until the 2nd to add someone? Maybe it'd be Edge at 31 and then trade up to get Bergeron R2?
[Reply]
Hoover 09:03 AM 03-19-2023
ER all day long

Chiefs have won a Super Bowl with Andrew Wylie. If a cat like Niang stays heathy (big if) I have no doubt that they can make it work.

The draft has nice edge prospects where we pick, you better get one if you can because it's not always like that. You can always find a RT or trade up to get one.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:08 AM 03-19-2023
When you have a generational stud QB, you protect him at all costs. You take the OT. All that scrambling because the OTs gave up so many pressures almost derailed the Super Bowl appearance. Plus, in this class I see a better chance of grabbing a DE or WR in the 2nd/3rd than an OT.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:40 AM 03-19-2023
Nothing... As I already traded up to draft an OT or Edge that has fallen into the lower 20's...
[Reply]
Big TT 10:19 AM 03-19-2023
DRAFT JALIN HYATT ASAP.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:55 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
ER all day long

Chiefs have won a Super Bowl with Andrew Wylie. If a cat like Niang stays heathy (big if) I have no doubt that they can make it work.

The draft has nice edge prospects where we pick, you better get one if you can because it's not always like that. You can always find a RT or trade up to get one.
They also won without any major investment in ER outside of Clark so the reasoning at RT also applies to ER.

The Chiefs have looked most heavily at edge rushers with mid-2nd round grades or later. I don't think they go ER in the 1st, I really don't.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:11 PM 03-19-2023
Jalin Hyatt
[Reply]
JPH83 01:50 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
They also won without any major investment in ER outside of Clark so the reasoning at RT also applies to ER.

The Chiefs have looked most heavily at edge rushers with mid-2nd round grades or later. I don't think they go ER in the 1st, I really don't.
They've looked at a LOT of DEs, but I kinda agree. I don't see who else is available at RT in FA, so I reckon they'll go RT or WR 1st now. Not sure it's my preference but equally not sure I'd want to rely on just Niang at RT.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up