Right tackle 8 22.22%
Wide receiver 6 16.67%
Bumper Pool 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>You’re sitting at 31, what do you do:
Direckshun 06:16 PM 03-18-2023
The Chiefs are sitting there on draft day. The team largely looks like it does right now with no more splash moves having been made.

The three players are available on the board:

1. Promising pass rusher with Pro Bowl upside
2. Stud right tackle
3. A somewhat limited but dynamic WR

Which player do you take?

Poll forthcoming.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:22 PM 03-18-2023
EDGE
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:26 PM 03-18-2023
Easily EDGE.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:33 PM 03-18-2023
Depends on the rest of FA.

We're probably not getting a quality NT in FA at this point. If you're on the Poona Ford hype train, he's about the only halfway-quality option out there yet.

There is some meat on the bone yet at ER. I could see Veach adding another guy there. I like Smoot but to each their own.

There's some meat at WR yet too, especially if it's just a 1-year deal type.

The Chiefs have options on the roster at RT in Niang and Tega-Wanogho. I'm not sure they will push this issue there. I'd feel more like they'd attack LT at the right price/range than I would them doing much at RT. It would take Wright being there. I don't see other options that tickle the balls quite right at 31 at RT.

The more things shake out in FA, the more enamored I become with NT as a dark horse candidate at 31. I'm not confident in it, but Mazi Smith is an athletic unicorn and Veach likes him those types, even if I don't think he's the best player right now.

Shit hit tab enter or something so Edit...
I'm not ruling WR out at 31 at any point. The right type of player that makes Reid's balls tingle, yeah I think that's always an option. I'd lean towards speed with Hyatt or Gibbs and not many others right there. I do think defense could take priority early on but I'm not convinced that edge is 100% the pick at 31. I'm leaning more towards edge at 63.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:30 PM 03-18-2023
Desperately hoping bumper pool is a euphemism for something especially dirty.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:39 PM 03-18-2023
It would depend on the individual player, honestly. I mean, are we talking Jalin Hyatt, or are we talking Josh Downs? Hyatt I'm taking, Downs I pass. And are we talking Ojulari, who I think is just not great fit for this defense or Hall, who I think does fit? And is the RT Wright?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:44 PM 03-18-2023
2 should have been Left Tackle.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 07:45 PM 03-18-2023
I’m taking edge Andy can find a decent right tackle and I think they expect Mahomes to succeed with lesser talent at wr
[Reply]
RunKC 07:53 PM 03-18-2023
It really depends on what they think of Lucas Niang. I remember reading stories of Veach talking to him every day and he did start ahead of Wylie before he got hurt, so unfortunately I’m inclined to think they are fine with him starting at RT.

I’m going with the fellas here and sticking with an edge. And right now I’m trying not to think that Derrick Hall isn’t our pick. He just seems like such a natural fit for us
[Reply]
Stryker 08:05 PM 03-18-2023
Um, neither...I'd do this...

Sorry but when I watch both Musgrave and Kincaid highlights, well I see Kelce looking in the mirror and seeing Kincaid's reflection. I would move up in the draft to either 24 (Jacksonville) or 25 (Giants) or 26 (Cowboys) to snag this player. It would look good for KC, Clark should be happy and yada yada! Do it Veach! :-)

To me, RT's can be had in later rounds. Let Veach do Veach things.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:26 PM 03-18-2023
WR, DT or trade down and pick up a extra pick in the top 100.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:28 PM 03-18-2023
OK Direckshun,

Since we are not choosing players, strictly Position...

With our current roster, I would have to go Edge. There should be some good ones to choose from at the end of 1 from what we have seen so far in mocks.

I dont think we have a shot at a top 3-5 WR. BUT I think we have a realistic shot at a good one in round 2.

Round 3 is probably a DL or RT, Im thinking DL because we may have the RT on the roster already.

Round 4 we may see TE, should be some decent potential guys left. This may be where they just start going BPA. Also I feel like this is where Veach starts trading some picks to move up. I could see that happen in the 3rd round if there is someone he really wants but most likely round 4.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:35 PM 03-18-2023
Present roster depth of WR is 3, DE is 5, and DT is 2. IIRC we began with 5 WR's, 5 DE's and 4 DT's on the 53 man roster at the beginning of last season.

I think you would have to take into account of what moves are made in FA prior to the draft, and what players are drafted in front of you to really know what you would do.

I think OT is still in play in the 1st but am a pessimist that there will be any one left at 31 that will be any better than those left at 63.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:05 PM 03-18-2023
I'm imagining... DE I. Foskey/Adebaware, OT A. Harrison/D. Jones, or WR J. Addison/J. Hyatt

I Probably have to go OT because there's less depth there in the draft IMO.

Hard to say for sure though, depends on any remaining FA or trade additions. I suspect this choice will be 17% easier by draft day.

I wonder if we're all sleeping on DT a bit... J. Carter & B. Breese are dropping, M. Smith looks solid.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Depends on the rest of FA.

We're probably not getting a quality NT in FA at this point. If you're on the Poona Ford hype train, he's about the only halfway-quality option out there yet.

There is some meat on the bone yet at ER. I could see Veach adding another guy there. I like Smoot but to each their own.

There's some meat at WR yet too, especially if it's just a 1-year deal type.

The Chiefs have options on the roster at RT in Niang and Tega-Wanogho. I'm not sure they will push this issue there. I'd feel more like they'd attack LT at the right price/range than I would them doing much at RT. It would take Wright being there. I don't see other options that tickle the balls quite right at 31 at RT.

The more things shake out in FA, the more enamored I become with NT as a dark horse candidate at 31. I'm not confident in it, but Mazi Smith is an athletic unicorn and Veach likes him those types, even if I don't think he's the best player right now.

Shit hit tab enter or something so Edit...
I'm not ruling WR out at 31 at any point. The right type of player that makes Reid's balls tingle, yeah I think that's always an option. I'd lean towards speed with Hyatt or Gibbs and not many others right there. I do think defense could take priority early on but I'm not convinced that edge is 100% the pick at 31. I'm leaning more towards edge at 63.

:-) Damn. That's an image I didn't need at Midnight on a Saturday.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up