ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do You Ever Wake Up With a Song In Your Head?
Easy 6 06:28 PM 03-17-2023
I do, basically every day... its the weirdest thing, and its been that way for years

The alarm goes off and suddenly I've got some random song in my head, making me sing along to it in the shower... usually its something I've heard in the last couple days, but other times its SO random

Woke up to this today, heard it three days ago at work

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:00 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Man.. Music videos were so bad back then.. :-)
He looks like a freshman social studies teacher but its actually a catchy song, one I hadn't thought of in maybe ten years
[Reply]
srvy 09:02 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I do, basically every day... its the weirdest thing, and its been that way for years

The alarm goes off and suddenly I've got some random song in my head, making me sing along to it in the shower... usually its something I've heard in the last couple days, but other times its SO random

Woke up to this today, heard it three days ago at work

Just be glad that you didn't wake up to Chicken Train :-)

I can always try and sing to an OMDD tune. I break out the acoustic and sing this Randle Chowning masterpiece and the kids slam their doors shut :-)

Car Over the Lake was my favorite album of theirs.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:17 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This may not be a solution for you, but about two months ago I got an app called Breethe on my phone. I think there's a bunch of these apps out there.

Basically a bunch of different things on there to help with sleeping, stress, etc. Everything from sounds (white noise/Brown noise/etc.) to 'hypnosis' files, audio stories, and so on.

I have pretty bad insomnia and trouble staying asleep. Been having trouble with it since i was in my teens. Typically I wake up several times a night and then lay there pissed off for hours before nodding off again.

I listen mainly to the rain/campfire/breeze files; helps me get to sleep and stay asleep. I just click play and set the phone on the charger (app uses some juice), and that's it.

Since I've been using Breethe, I've been falling asleep easier, and definitely not waking up 4+ times a night anymore. Been a kind of minor miracle for me.

It's free (pretty sure they all are), maybe it'd be worth trying out.
Bro!!! Thank you, I’m absolutely going to try this!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:31 PM 03-17-2023

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 11:07 PM 03-17-2023
I heard this song earlier today and now i can't get it out. :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 11:17 PM 03-17-2023
I get up every morning and sing a random song in the shower. I have no idea what song it's going to be. There are a few patterns of songs that I know well, but it's often a song that I haven't heard in a while and it just rises to the top of the subconscious list. I assumed that I was the ony one who pulled up random songs.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 04:11 AM 03-18-2023
I always wake up with a song playing in my head. If it's a song that I don't particularly like I have to manually replace it with a favorite of mine to get it out of my head. Radio and advertising are very powerful outlets that program our minds with catchy tunes that inspire us to buy their products. I can still sing jingles from cigarette commercials that haven't been aired for more than 50 years and I don't even smoke. It comes from watching those commercials when I was a kid and my brain has locked them into my memory banks.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 03-18-2023
Usually when I watch a nostalgic movie Bryan Adam's Everything I do I do it for you is one
[Reply]
trndobrd 06:26 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He looks like a freshman social studies teacher but its actually a catchy song, one I hadn't thought of in maybe ten years
Maybe tomorrow you can wake up to Falco's original version in German.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:17 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I heard this song earlier today and now i can't get it out. :-)

Spoiler!
This is my problem. I always have "that song I hate" stuck in my head for the day. Like this one. Those of us 60 and older will remember and I apologize ahead of time:-)

Gotta love the cigarette!!

[Reply]
Frazod 10:30 AM 03-18-2023
This thread is a psychological minefield. :-)
[Reply]
srvy 02:31 PM 03-18-2023
I love to sing but I have a very unapproving audience in my household. My daughter will shut the door to her room or put on her noise-canceling headphones. :-)

I have a habit of singing a song in my head and makeup weird lyric's to go along with it instead of regular.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:42 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
I always wake up with a song playing in my head. If it's a song that I don't particularly like I have to manually replace it with a favorite of mine to get it out of my head. Radio and advertising are very powerful outlets that program our minds with catchy tunes that inspire us to buy their products. I can still sing jingles from cigarette commercials that haven't been aired for more than 50 years and I don't even smoke. It comes from watching those commercials when I was a kid and my brain has locked them into my memory banks.
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This thread is a psychological minefield. :-)
Our brains can definitely throw us curveballs, sometimes its hard to remember what you had for lunch yesterday... but you'll never forget some shitty little jingle from 45 years ago
[Reply]
Bowser 03:26 PM 03-18-2023
Speaking of Frank Zappa -

You're all very welcome!
[Reply]
Bowser 03:29 PM 03-18-2023
Go ahead and get the taste of all these infuriatingly psychopathic tunes out of your noggin

[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up