ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do You Ever Wake Up With a Song In Your Head?
Easy 6 06:28 PM 03-17-2023
I do, basically every day... its the weirdest thing, and its been that way for years

The alarm goes off and suddenly I've got some random song in my head, making me sing along to it in the shower... usually its something I've heard in the last couple days, but other times its SO random

Woke up to this today, heard it three days ago at work

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:42 PM 03-17-2023
The really weird one is to have some random song from childhood pop into your brain and suddenly sing the words and realize they form a complete sentence that actually makes some sort of grammatical sense...
[Reply]
Kman34 07:44 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
only if your mom turns on the radio in the kitchen
Your mom sings this to me every morning....

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:45 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Never. I’m jealous.

Would you say you’re a good or bad sleeper? How long has this been a thing for?
I'm a dead log sleeper 75% of the time, out like a light unless its time to pee

The music thing is only waking up, I dunno its maybe some kinda subconscious way of hyping myself up in some strange way to help face the day

This one popped up outta NOWHERE a few days ago, and it kinda helped me get ready for the day as I sang it in the shower lol... not a burden, just a wha?

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:47 PM 03-17-2023
Yes, and it’s usually incredibly random and generally lasts all day, if not several days.

I assume it’s because I have kids and take care of other people’s maladjusted kids at work (AKA Gen Z’ers) and am constantly annoyed so my mind pays music to soothe me.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:50 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm a dead log sleeper 75% of the time, out like a light unless its time to pee

The music thing is only waking up, I dunno its maybe some kinda subconscious way of hyping myself up in some strange way to help face the day

This one popped up outta NOWHERE a few days ago, and it kinda helped me get ready for the day as I sang it in the shower lol... not a burden, just a wha?

Man.. Music videos were so bad back then.. :-)
[Reply]
chinaski 07:53 PM 03-17-2023
Right now, for some reason, I am hooked on the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack for some reason. It's very epic, just like the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:53 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
****ing Keith Partridge, get out of my head.
I didnt even play that and I can hear it. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:54 PM 03-17-2023
sometimes-you need to learn how to change the station in your head
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:54 PM 03-17-2023
Interesting. I don't think so but will report tomorrow.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:54 PM 03-17-2023
Are you trapped?

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:55 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Yes, and it’s usually incredibly random and generally lasts all day, if not several days.
If there was a truly neurotic thing about it with me, it can often be this... it can go on for DAYS with the same song on a loop
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:29 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
eff that. I'd chop my ears off.:-)
Tell me this isn't cool, great song to wake up to...

[Reply]
stevieray 08:41 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Right now, for some reason, I am hooked on the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack for some reason. It's very epic, just like the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl.
Had the same epic feeling with a visual.

About twenty five years ago, I use to work for/with another artist, and we would listen to the Dance with Wolves soundtrack traveling through Texas while looking at rolling hills covered in Blue Bonnets.

As to the Op,

No, white noise.
[Reply]
neech 08:43 PM 03-17-2023
There are certain artists I won't listen to as the song will play in my head for days. I learn to simply refuse to listen to them to prevent it from happening again.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 08:53 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Are you trapped?

I vividly recall when I was in junior high I had the most awful song stuck in my head for a week straight I thought I was going insane. Jiggle those jigglers from one of Cosby's jello ads. Looking back it must have been hormones and unconsciously linking that song to titties.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up