ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 56
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 PM 03-15-2023
I’m assuming the Chiefs decided he couldn’t play LT at the level they needed to protect our football savior’s blindside.
[Reply]
Balto 09:12 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Veach is studying all the speed rushers in the draft again tonight. He gonna blow this dope's doors off if we meet again in the playoffs because Cincy doesn't like to give help either.

These cats looking reallllly good right about now:
Derick Hall
Will McDonald
Felix Anudike-Uzomah
Adetomiwa Adebawore
Man I want Adetomiwa Adebawore but will probably have to trade up from the end of the 2nd to at least mid 2nd to get him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:13 PM 03-15-2023
Orlando had a 30% pressure rate against the Bengos last year?!?!?! :-)

WTF are they thinking.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 09:15 PM 03-15-2023
The Bengals contracts often don't look as good up front as other teams. They rarely have any guarantees beyond year 1. But the difference is the player will actually see all the money in the contract. Bengals are known as a very loyal franchise with regard to coaches and players & they don't get into the game of huge backloaded deals & dummy years etc just to impress people.
[Reply]
Balto 09:15 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
I feel like something else is going that we don’t see as to why he didn’t sign back with KC.
Didn’t Pats and his kid have playdates? Maybe his kid pushed Pats princess down and Pat said your gone!!!!
[Reply]
FANATIC 09:16 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

WTF are they thinking.
They are getting a decent left tackle for a really good deal. He may not be elite but thats a good deal for Cinn.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:16 PM 03-15-2023
Joe Burrow doesn't have the Get out of the pocket presence that Mahomes has. He's going get clobbered

He also got paid and won't really have any motivation because he already won the Super Bowl. Dey can have our scrapps.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:16 PM 03-15-2023
Joe Burrow is going to get killed
[Reply]
DRM08 09:17 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

WTF are they thinking.
There's gotta be an espionage aspect to this deal. They saw their DL give Orlando plenty of trouble. But maybe they are hoping to gain knowledge of KC's playbook and such.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:18 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Didn’t Pats and his kid have playdates? Maybe his kid pushed Pats princess down and Pat said your gone!!!!
It was just him and Patrick that took their kids out on Halloween. He was at the big party in Vegas and the power and light SB celebration with Patrick and Kelce.

I’m sure Patrick has adapted that it’s not in his interests to let personal feelings on a player get in the way of winning. Having a player on the practice squad for 4 years is one thing, not this level.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:18 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
The Bengals contracts often don't look as good up front as other teams. They rarely have any guarantees beyond year 1. But the difference is the player will actually see all the money in the contract. Bengals are known as a very loyal franchise with regard to coaches and players & they don't get into the game of huge backloaded deals & dummy years etc just to impress people.
They also don't have any Lombardi trophies
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:22 PM 03-15-2023
The real question is how does this affect their ability to retain players moving forward. Assuming they ain't bullshitting and keep Higgins, and they'll certainly keep Chase and Burrow...the rest of that roster is gonna be paper thin.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:24 PM 03-15-2023
I think I would've slightly preferred OBJ at that price point to Williams given continuity, etc, but Veach may have pivoted earlier and OBJ's demands may have only dropped as the last couple days evolved.

Regardless, it's a close call and it'll be fun having new blood on the OL that we think has a higher ceiling.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:28 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think I would've slightly preferred OBJ at that price point to Williams given continuity, etc, but Veach may have pivoted earlier and OBJ's demands may have only dropped as the last couple days evolved.

Regardless, it's a close call and it'll be fun having new blood on the OL that we think has a higher ceiling.
im positive that we would have given him that same contract. So why didn’t we? Did Brown take it personal when we didn’t make his a top 5 paid LT?
[Reply]
Jerok 09:29 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Taylor washes OBJ right now
Omenihu would wash Thornhill.

So, we're in that 5th/6th area for JuJu as it stands.
Comp pick for Wiley too
[Reply]
Page 9 of 56
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up