ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 56
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
In58men 08:39 PM 03-15-2023
I feel like something else is going that we don’t see as to why he didn’t sign back with KC.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:39 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How does that make him a shithead? He's not wrong.
OBJr is a shithead

he thought he was going to reset the market

he had to settle for this today because if he waited much longer he would really look dumb, even dumber than he does now
[Reply]
kccrow 08:39 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And you took a RB. :-)
lol. I took an "offensive weapon," okay! :P

Ye of little faith in the 2nd and 3rd rounds hehe. Hell, I might just go TE in round 2 just to keep you guys uneasy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:40 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
lol. I took an "offensive weapon," okay! :P

Ye of little faith in the 2nd and 3rd rounds hehe. Hell, I might just go TE in round 2 just to keep you guys uneasy.
Jokes on you. I wanted a TE.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:40 PM 03-15-2023
Interesting there was so little market for him. What's going on here
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
I feel like something else is going that we don’t see as to why he didn’t sign back with KC.
It's not that complicated. His agent is an obstinate dipshit that vastly overplayed his hand and ended up costing his client huge $$$.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:41 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Nah, it's really simple.

Player hires "agent" with zero experience. "Agent" has absurd contract demands. Veach pivots and goes and gets a guy that actually has the skill set and athleticism they prefer. "Agent" finds out what player's real market is. Player has to take significantly less that he could've had from the beginning.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:42 PM 03-15-2023
Last year, Veach was willing to overpay on effectively a two year contract, but not this year.

He wouldn't have signed with us for what Cinci is paying obviously, but I'm guess Veach and Reid much prefer Taylor anyway.
[Reply]
493rd 08:42 PM 03-15-2023
National media acting like Brown is a top 5 LT…”buy cheap, buy often”.
[Reply]
SturmHunter 08:42 PM 03-15-2023
Is it possible for Burro to be sacked even more frequently next year?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:42 PM 03-15-2023
Any possibility we re sign Clark??
[Reply]
In58men 08:42 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No one gives a shit if it’s in a megathread.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nah, it's really simple.

Player hires "agent" with zero experience. "Agent" has absurd contract demands. Veach pivots and goes and gets a guy that actually has the skill set and athleticism they prefer. "Agent" finds out what player's real market is. Player has to take significantly less that he could've had from the beginning.
Who is his agent?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:42 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nah, it's really simple.

It does make me wonder why KC offered him the huge contract last season. He was actually in BETTER shape this year.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:43 PM 03-15-2023
Sounds like OBJ over played his hand and the Chiefs couldn’t wait on him.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:43 PM 03-15-2023
I’m seeing on Twitter that this deal was basically the same as the one we offered last year except we had more funny money in it (he wouldn’t have seen that) and more years were gauranteed in the Bengals deal
[Reply]
Page 6 of 56
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up