ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 56
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:14 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This wretched monstrosity is a garbage plate, BTW

That doesn't look like a real garbage plate.

The only real garbage plates are from Nick Tahoe's.

I go Cheeseburger plate which is home fries, macaroni salad, two cheeseburgers on top with their special sauce and onions and then they ladle the grease on top of that.

Bread comes out of a garbage bag.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:18 PM 03-20-2023
Meh. Any place with 'hots' in their name served that trash. Don't care if it was authentic or legit or whatever. Every rendition is fucking disgusting simply for the Mac salad. Fuck that shit.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:20 PM 03-20-2023
I'll never forget the season of Master Chef where some diner cook makes Gordon "shit on a shingle" and he just hard stares at him and then throws it away without taking a bite.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:23 PM 03-20-2023
The only edible version was doubling up on home fries, and at that point why the fuck wouldn't I just go and get a cheeseburger and fries instead of throwing the same concept on a plate and dribbling meat sauce and grease on top like a neanderthal.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:17 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Absolutely. Veach did what he did because he had to for the reasons you mentioned. There was zero chance Brown was ever going to act in good faith because he had an inexperienced agent who didn’t gauge the market ahead of time. As such Brown Jr had a heightened sense of his worth and it took the market to humble him.

Even had KC not signed Taylor I just don’t see Brown Jr coming back here with his tail (or fox tail) between his legs. Pride would have prevented that and he would probably want to accept Veach’s initial offer which I almost guarantee Veach no longer offers. He was not going to accept market value with KC. He would rather go to a rival for that money. The biggest impact of KC waiting would have meant spending more on either Taylor (if still available) or someone else.
This is where I am at.

Sometimes it is probably worth being patient in FA to look for bargains.

That appears to be the case with WR.

But I don't think they wanted to screw around at LT.

Brown doesn't have a high ceiling in this offense and I always sort of cringed at over paying him just to take care of the LT spot.

Taylor may or may not live up to the market value of his contract...

That remains to be seen

...but he at least has a high ceiling in this offense so I for one feel better about over paying a bit and taking care of an important/problematic spot.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:24 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
This is where I am at.

Sometimes it is probably worth being patient in FA to look for bargains.

That appears to be the case with WR.

But I don't think they wanted to screw around at LT.

Brown doesn't have a high ceiling in this offense and I always sort of cringed at over paying him just to take care of the LT spot.

Taylor may or may not live up to the market value of his contract...

That remains to be seen

...but he at least has a high ceiling in this offense so I for one feel better about over paying a bit and taking care of an important/problematic spot.
What is great about Taylor is that his contract structure allows KC to get out early if he’s no good. If he is then it’s a bargain and we will probably sign him long term. Brown Jr has most likely peaked. I can’t see him getting significantly better. If stories are true then plenty of other teams agree. They had him pegged as a RT. KC dodged a bullet in him refusing their offers. Taylor doesn’t have to be Roaf to make the contract worth it, he just can’t be SB 55 Remmers either.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:27 PM 03-20-2023
What is great about Taylor is that his contract structure allows KC to get out early if he’s no good. If he is then it’s a bargain and we will probably sign him long term. Brown Jr has most likely peaked. I can’t see him getting significantly better. If stories are true then plenty of other teams agree. They had him pegged as a RT. KC dodged a bullet in him refusing their offers. Taylor doesn’t have to be Roaf to make the contract worth it, he just can’t be SB 55 Remmers either.
Maybe he could be Fish 2.0?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:42 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
LOL

Skyline "chili" is the most disgusting regional food in the US, and that's saying something considering St. Louis-style pizza exists.
Cincy people cab try and pimp that Skyline crap all they want.....it's nothing but a plate of slop.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:58 PM 03-20-2023
If he's no good at LT, I hope he can still be a very solid RT, obviously depending on what is happening over there...

But if he is truly locking it down at LT, KC will have the inside track but it's not like KC is going to have him at LT very long before they will have to extend him at a market rate.

But here is to hoping that happens.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:10 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think that's precisely what's happening. Of course, then you have clowns on here wanting to "hurry up" and make a trade when it's abundantly clear that Beach doesn't operate in ANY sense as a hostage.

I also don't think Mahomes, Kelce, and Jones are going to twist because they KNOW how Bert operates and appreciate it. I'm guessing Pat's contract large resembles what Bert had planned going in. I'm guessing much of the framework was his.
Man, I wonder what happens in an alternate universe where Patrick Mahomes is still the greatest to ever play the game, but he also grows up poor and wants the largest contract he can get. I wonder what that looks like?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:46 AM 03-21-2023
This.

OBJ is what he is at this point. He's not ever getting better, especially since he's in the mindset that he's right and everybody else is wrong.

I can't wait to see Taylor on the field. I really think he's going to end up being better than OBJ.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:19 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This.

OBJ is what he is at this point. He's not ever getting better, especially since he's in the mindset that he's right and everybody else is wrong.

I can't wait to see Taylor on the field. I really think he's going to end up being better than OBJ.
I think so as well. I am willing to eat crow if I am inaccurate, but with Brown, he just lacks the athleticism to improve much more. He might be able to still improve his technique some, but the guys he's trying to block are more often far superior athletes to Brown and there's little anyone can do about that. It's sorta like that old saying of "You can't coach speed".

With Taylor, he has the athleticism to play LT, just lacks the experience and technique. Those can be taught. This is probably what Reid and Heck saw when discussing Taylor. If he can learn and master that stuff he will be very good. If not, KC knows how to scheme and protect their underperforming LT and will move on from him quickly and try again in a couple of years, or shift him to RT.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:19 PM 03-21-2023
anyone got full text? he begged them to take him lmao

This makes for some very fascinating reading regarding Orlando Brown landing in CIN. It appears his people reached out to Cincy, not the other way around.

A very unusual offseason for KC's former LT. https://t.co/AKd2eyhOyt

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) March 21, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:24 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by :
The Bengals were deep in adapting on the fly when Radicevic received the interest from Brown’s camp late Tuesday. That led to the Brown option’s leading the discussion at a Wednesday morning meeting with coaches, ownership and the personnel staff.

“We met as a group on it the next morning,” Radicevic said. “Really wanted to see if it was something we would be able to pursue. When we felt like it was something where both sides could be able to come to an agreement or get close to it, that’s when things heat up and gain traction and feel like this might be something that may come together. This was most of the day on Wednesday spent on that. Making sure it will be a good fit on both sides.”

For Brown, the reason they kicked tires on Cincinnati’s interest after talks broke down and Kansas City moved to Jawaan Taylor was pretty clear.

A man who blocked for two MVP quarterbacks, Lamar Jackson 2018 and Patrick Mahomes 2022, focused primarily on adding a third. Not to mention a second Lombardi.

“The biggest thing with him was he wanted to have a chance to win more Super Bowls,” Radicevic said. “He wanted to play with Joe.”
Originally Posted by :
Brown didn’t need much selling in this conversation. He made clear initially that he sought a winner and the draw of Burrow was obvious. As he spoke with Radicevic, Burrow, Taylor, Pollack and others, one message stood out.

As much as there would be negotiations to follow, the deal was done in his mind when one point was made clear.

“For them to believe in me as a left tackle is enough,” Brown said. “I want to put my life on the line for that.”
Originally Posted by :
When McGlinchey came off the board to Denver at five years, $87.5 million ($17.5 million average annual value) and $52.5 million guaranteed, the market looked to be higher than expected. Taylor’s getting $20 million per year with $60 million guaranteed from the Chiefs raised eyebrows.

The Bengals weren’t able to go to those same levels of the tackle market, but as talks progressed they found a creative way to make it work for both sides. Cold, hard, upfront cash.

They dropped a $31 million signing bonus into the contract, largest ever given to an offensive lineman. In all, he earns $42.3 million in the first two years. The cash paid and cap flexibility (a tolerable out after three seasons) in the back of the contract made even more team-friendly for the Bengals.
There are your basics. The rest is fluff bullshit.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:31 PM 03-21-2023
I found this in an article today. Found it interesting.

Having watched all those defensive films in the Bengals against Kansas City," Solak said. "Lou Anarumo, the Bengals defensive coordinator, has no respect for Orlando Brown. Every time he goes one-on-one hunting. He puts one of his explosive rushers, either Trey Hendrickson or Joseph Ossai, which are not insanely talented names, against Orlando Brown and they always win. When Lou learned that the Bengals were signing Orlando Brown to a big contract. I think his head was spinning."
[Reply]
Page 42 of 56
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up