ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What will/should Veach do with the WR position group?
Do we trade for Hopkins and commit cap + picks to a 31 year old? 33 27.27%
Do we overpay for a weird egomaniac (talented freak) coming off a rehab year with OBJ? 6 4.96%
Do we have to overpay to get Mecole to return, since there are likely other bidders? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an elderly 32 year old Adam Thielen? 8 6.61%
Do we trade for an unnamed player that could be had? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an unnamed WR FA, former Chief or otherwise? (Please specifcy) 12 9.92%
Do we let it ride, and use the draft to fill the remaining WR spots? 46 38.02%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Poll: What should/will Veach do with the WR group?
Dante84 06:45 PM 03-15-2023
[Poll coming soon]

Right now we have MVS, Toney, Moore and... camp fodder. So what happens this offseason?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:57 AM 03-16-2023
Not sure there's a WR in this draft that would out perform D Hopkins for our 2nd over the next two seasons.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:01 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Not sure there's a WR in this draft that would out perform D Hopkins for our 2nd over the next two seasons.
But would DHop play for what a 2nd round rookie would play for?

I wonder how much money they would need to move considering the cap space they have left is about what they need for the rookie pool.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:46 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
But would DHop play for what a 2nd round rookie would play for?

I wonder how much money they would need to move considering the cap space they have left is about what they need for the rookie pool.
A C Jones extension might help, plus D Hop is rumored to cost a 2nd + a player which further lightens our load.

...wondering if we might be able to get him for a 3rd now. NE went with JuJu, NYG aren't making a major move, BAL can't even afford a QB, DAL was fake news, not like there's a bidding war currently.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:14 AM 03-16-2023
I'll take any WR that is smart, runs good routes, and gets some separation.

Ju Ju didnt seem to get much separation in his time here.

Not sure all the hate for 31 or 32 year olds.......especially if they're ring-chasers that are motivated (and it's only one WR in the squad).

Seemed to work for Brady for several years.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:16 AM 03-16-2023
Well, I can tell ya what he shouldn't do. Thats roll to camp with your WR1 Kadarius Toney and WR2 Skyy Moore. That would be an absolute disaster and I cant believe so many of you want to do that. You need to add a WR1 to offset the expected decline of Travis Kelce. It will happen. Farher time catches us all.

Veach has something up his sleeve, I just hope it isnt Adam Thielen.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:29 AM 03-16-2023
I think Veach can get creative at the WR position.

I'll be honest, there is part of me that wants to see OBJ (WR) as a Chiefs. I'd love to see what he could do with Patrick. And he would also bring a lot of swagger, which we lack at the position. But if he wants 20M, I'm out.

I don't like paying the price in draft picks for DHop. So I'm out.

I wouldn't mind a vet like Thielen so long as its team friendly. He would probably be an upgrade over Watson.

I still think a trade could is the best way to get a young WR with upside. The Jets probably need draft picks to get the Rogers deal done. I'd love to add a guy like Corey Davis to this team. There also has to be other guys you can get.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:30 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, I can tell ya what he shouldn't do. Thats roll to camp with your WR1 Kadarius Toney and WR2 Skyy Moore. That would be an absolute disaster and I cant believe so many of you want to do that. You need to add a WR1 to offset the expected decline of Travis Kelce. It will happen. Farher time catches us all.

Yep.

I feel like they really need a veteran in there that the rookies can continue to learn from. I know we have Kelce, but that’s not exactly the same thing.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:31 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think Veach can get creative at the WR position.

I'll be honest, there is part of me that wants to see OBJ (WR) as a Chiefs. I'd love to see what he could do with Patrick. And he would also bring a lot of swagger, which we lack at the position. But if he wants 20M, I'm out.

I don't like paying the price in draft picks for DHop. So I'm out.

I wouldn't mind a vet like Thielen so long as its team friendly. He would probably be an upgrade over Watson.

I still think a trade could is the best way to get a young WR with upside. The Jets probably need draft picks to get the Rogers deal done. I'd love to add a guy like Corey Davis to this team. There also has to be other guys you can get.
Me too. I would love to see what a more mature Mahomes could do with true, tall talented WR1.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:34 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
[Poll coming soon]

Right now we have MVS, Toney, Moore and... camp fodder. So what happens this offseason?
Poll fail. No draft a WR option
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:13 AM 03-16-2023

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:43 AM 03-16-2023

Hate it, but have to agree. Being serious, the WR room only managed 13 TDs last season.

The Chiefs won 11 games in 2022 scoring 27 points or less.

9 of those games were decided by less than 4 points

As it stands right now without JuJu, Watson and Hardman, that's 9 less TDs, 73 less 1st downs, and about 1,545 yards.

Look, if Toney can stay healthy, he's probably good for at least 1,000 yards, 50 1st downs and 7-10 TDs. The unknown is can he stay healthy. But if he does, no one's really worried about him being productive.

Skyy just has to somehow be 300% more effective. To 'take over' JuJu's role, he has to at a minimum triple his yards and score more than Juju's paltry 3 TDs.

Then we have Justin Watson, who is a FA, but we expect that he'll be back. He has to do something he's never done, and that's become a starting WR3/4? More than double his yards, triple his 1st downs, etc. 2022 was his career high. He finished the season with a 44% catch rate, and accounted for 315 yards, 12 1st downs and a pair of TDs.

That is not good. That's zero WRs we can at least 90% rely on to perform at a NFL WR1/2 standard in 2023.

And rookie WRs historically don't have 1,000 yard seasons in the NFL.

It's not an ideal situation.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:07 PM 03-16-2023
P Campbell to the Giants, I'm guessing they're done until the draft.

Not much out there, nor many teams looking.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:16 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Poll fail. No draft a WR option
It’s literally the last option in the poll, and it is currently tied for the most votes
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:15 PM 03-16-2023
What ever the fuck he wants to Dante84. Damn man! Lol.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03-16-2023, 01:17 PM
This message has been deleted by dlphg9.
ChiefaRoo 01:25 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Didn't some report leak that the Chiefs think Toney can be a WR1?
He has the talent but they need another I case of injury.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up