ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What will/should Veach do with the WR position group?
Do we trade for Hopkins and commit cap + picks to a 31 year old? 33 27.27%
Do we overpay for a weird egomaniac (talented freak) coming off a rehab year with OBJ? 6 4.96%
Do we have to overpay to get Mecole to return, since there are likely other bidders? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an elderly 32 year old Adam Thielen? 8 6.61%
Do we trade for an unnamed player that could be had? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an unnamed WR FA, former Chief or otherwise? (Please specifcy) 12 9.92%
Do we let it ride, and use the draft to fill the remaining WR spots? 46 38.02%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Poll: What should/will Veach do with the WR group?
Dante84 06:45 PM 03-15-2023
[Poll coming soon]

Right now we have MVS, Toney, Moore and... camp fodder. So what happens this offseason?
[Reply]
TEX 07:02 PM 03-15-2023
I like for the Chiefs to sign DJ Chark and bring back Hardman.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:04 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Rookie WR’s historically do not have immediate impacts in Andy Reid’s offenses… going back to his Philly days.

Tyreek was the only rookie WR to have a significant impact in an Andy Reid offense and he was more of a gadget player than a traditional WR.
Which is why we probably could use another vet IMO

Would really love to see the Hopkins trade happen.
[Reply]
Otter 07:04 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Do we trust Veach to draft a WR?
Sky Moore has not been good
It's not uncommon for rookie WR to come out of the gate below average so I'm not giving up on Skyy just yet but there's definitely going to need to be some talent brought in to up the ante.

If the Veach could bring back Hardman and get Jarvis Landry I'd call that a win.

Coming from my years as an NFL GM of course.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:05 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
I like for the Chiefs to sign DJ Chark.
I've been wanting him since last offseason but he's also got a bit of Sammy Watkins syndrome as well. Intriguing talent but injury prone.
[Reply]
ModSocks 07:10 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Rookie WR’s historically do not have immediate impacts in Andy Reid’s offenses… going back to his Philly days.

Tyreek was the only rookie WR to have a significant impact in an Andy Reid offense and he was more of a gadget player than a traditional WR.
Fucking christ.
[Reply]
ModSocks 07:12 PM 03-15-2023
Roster wise, the team is set up well for a special talent, rental vet.

Cap wise, i have no idea.

If you go short term rental vet, it'd also be an opportune time to draft a true perimeter WR.

So basically, what Staylor said.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:14 PM 03-15-2023
I'm going to go out on this huge limb and say it's a combination of the last two options. They'll sign a cheap vet to cover their bases and they'll draft a dude. That draft a dude might be quite high if they feel good about everything else but depth on the roster.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:21 PM 03-15-2023
Hop Hop.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:23 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
DJ Chark
N'Keal Harry
Darius Slayton
Parris Campbell

One of these 4
Give me Darius Slayton! :-)
[Reply]
wazu 07:23 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
I'd go with Darius Slayton for an easy 2yr 8m contract. Fill in the rest with a couple draft picks.
This isn't the stupidest thing you've ever said.
[Reply]
wazu 07:24 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
DJ Chark
N'Keal Harry
Darius Slayton
Parris Campbell

One of these 4
Gimme CHARK THE SHARK!!!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:29 PM 03-15-2023
I'm thinking the draft at this point.

D-Hop would be nice if he wants a team friendly deal for a chance at a ring, but seems unlikely.
:-) at OBJ
Hardman and Theilen both seem unlikely
Unnamed FA is tempting, just because Veach seems to go this route, but who knows
[Reply]
Dante84 07:31 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm going to go out on this huge limb and say it's a combination of the last two options. They'll sign a cheap vet to cover their bases and they'll draft a dude. That draft a dude might be quite high if they feel good about everything else but depth on the roster.
My only concern is that might make our draft selections too predictable for Veach's liking. Example:

In that scenario, we *should* use #31(and potentially another to move up) to get the WR like JSN.

Then that means we *should* use our 2nd to get a starting-caliber RT, and maybe move up to do so again.

Then that means we *should* go get an Edge or IDL, with the next pick being the other position not chosen.

I don't think Veach likes to go in to the draft with such glaring holes in such a predictable sequence. Of course that's me just hand-wringing.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:35 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think they trade for Hopkins and draft a WR somewhere in the first 4 rounds.
We have $16 million in cap space. Need $17 million to trade for Hopkins.

Not sure this is what Mahomes restructure was for
[Reply]
kccrow 07:42 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
My only concern is that might make our draft selections too predictable for Veach's liking. Example:

In that scenario, we *should* use #31(and potentially another to move up) to get the WR like JSN.

Then that means we *should* use our 2nd to get a starting-caliber RT, and maybe move up to do so again.

Then that means we *should* go get an Edge or IDL, with the next pick being the other position not chosen.

I don't think Veach likes to go in to the draft with such glaring holes in such a predictable sequence. Of course that's me just hand-wringing.
Let's say you grab Nelson Agholor or Adam Thielen for 7m this year, I don't think that telegraphs much.

Grab a solid reserve OT like Josh Wells for a vet min deal or so that can respectably compete for either spot as a starter and be a quality swing reserve at minimum. Pick up a DT like maybe Watts on a vet min deal.

I think that puts you in a pretty solid area heading to the draft with no major holes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up