ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 34
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Charles Omenihu
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:43 PM 03-14-2023

Breaking: FA DT Charles Omenihu is signing a two-year, $20M max deal with the #Chiefs, sources tell @theScore.

He's coming off his best season, tallying 16 quarterback hits and 28 initial pressures with #49ers. Omenihu's only 25 years old.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 15, 2023

[Reply]
Bump 11:32 PM 03-14-2023
this is probably one of those low key great signings tbh, especially because he signed for my favorite team (the Kansas City Chiefs)
[Reply]
KCJake 11:43 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
He got arrested for domestic violence
Perfect. Even better
[Reply]
JPH83 01:16 AM 03-15-2023
Good signing. Man I really wanted Okoronkwo at DE but this guy wasn't far off.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:04 AM 03-15-2023
We just won the Super Bowl on a "rebuild" year. Think how scary good our team is going be next 5 years or more.

I really don't see us having a losing record until Andy Reid retires and that won't be any time soon. He is having too much fun but I wish they would quit asking him that question.

It's good to be a Chiefs fan.

We win another Super Bowl and we can brag dynasty.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:04 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
A lot of whiner fans seem pissed of losing Omenihu. That tells you all we need to know.
Cherry on the Sunday.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:21 AM 03-15-2023
There's still big shoes to fill with Playoff Frank leaving. This guy replaces Dunlap, not Frank. We're missing that tenacious speed on the EDGE. Fortunately that is one of the strengths in this draft class. Someone mentioned Van Ness, I like that Adebwhatever KC kid too, ran an absurd 4.49. So there's work to do but this is very, very, exciting.

The combination of elite, ascending, and solid rotational talent on this DL is flying far under the radar. Veach is off to a strong start.

Now it's time to reel in a good reciever at bargain price. That market has been pretty cold. Thielen taking over for Watson sounds pretty intriguing. I'm not expecting Juju to come back but that would be great if the price is right.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:06 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
There's still big shoes to fill with Playoff Frank leaving. This guy replaces Dunlap, not Frank. We're missing that tenacious speed on the EDGE. Fortunately that is one of the strengths in this draft class. Someone mentioned Van Ness, I like that Adebwhatever KC kid too, ran an absurd 4.49. So there's work to do but this is very, very, exciting.

The combination of elite, ascending, and solid rotational talent on this DL is flying far under the radar. Veach is off to a strong start.

Now it's time to reel in a good reciever at bargain price. That market has been pretty cold. Thielen taking over for Watson sounds pretty intriguing. I'm not expecting Juju to come back but that would be great if the price is right.
Honestly, I think we're already better at DE next year with this move and Clark gone. I imagine there's some value to Clark in the locker room but just on the field play this guy is better. Agree that we now need speed though to round the group out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:07 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:

I think Thielen would be more a Juju replacement if they went that way. But he'd be a nice veteran stabilizer in a room that would be skewing younger.
[Reply]
O.city 06:35 AM 03-15-2023
I think someone said it earlier in the thread, but he's Ogbah 2.0 which is real nice.

Still need more on the DL and DE I think.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:14 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think someone said it earlier in the thread, but he's Ogbah 2.0 which is real nice.

Still need more on the DL and DE I think.
Pretty good comp due to similar athletic ability and size, but Omenihu is an even better athlete than Ogbah - who I really liked - and he plays meaner. Seriously, you guys are going to really like this guy. Him and Jones on the same D-Line is scary.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:24 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
With what Joe Cullen was able to do with our entire defensive line.

Me likey
FYP

Well, I guess there was one guy who didn't improve. Derrick Nnadi. :-)
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:42 AM 03-15-2023
People are gonna freak when our 1st rounder is a DB or TE or something. He'll be the clear BPA on Veach's board, and it's moves like this and Taylor that let that happen. And that's how winning teams stay winning year after year. Meanwhile, there are other sorry-ass contenders out there doing nothing who will be forced to pick XYZ.

Man, we're just so BEYOND lucky. It's not gonna sink in until we're all in our 70s how unreal this time of being a Chiefs fan is.

Imagine being a fan of a cheap clown org like the Bengals. Even a supposed respected franchise like the Packers, I'd hate to be a fan. They just don't do anything, ever. Luck into 2 HOF QBs for 30 years and do nothing to consistently push for titles with them. We're in year 6 of Mahomes and we're 6/6 in being aggressive, signing high-end FAs, turning over every stone, trading for guys, trading up in the draft, etc.

MAN!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:09 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
People are gonna freak when our 1st rounder is a DB or TE or something. He'll be the clear BPA on Veach's board, and it's moves like this and Taylor that let that happen. And that's how winning teams stay winning year after year. Meanwhile, there are other sorry-ass contenders out there doing nothing who will be forced to pick XYZ.

Man, we're just so BEYOND lucky. It's not gonna sink in until we're all in our 70s how unreal this time of being a Chiefs fan is.

Imagine being a fan of a cheap clown org like the Bengals. Even a supposed respected franchise like the Packers, I'd hate to be a fan. They just don't do anything, ever. Luck into 2 HOF QBs for 30 years and do nothing to consistently push for titles with them. We're in year 6 of Mahomes and we're 6/6 in being aggressive, signing high-end FAs, turning over every stone, trading for guys, trading up in the draft, etc.

MAN!
Good post. After I read it I didn't know whether to cry tears of joy or start whacking off.

So I did both.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:11 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Good post. After I read it I didn't know whether to cry tears of joy or start whacking off.

So I did both.
So, tears of jizz? That's kinda cool....
[Reply]
Oxford 08:12 AM 03-15-2023
Probably had good tape on him since we played them
[Reply]
Page 9 of 34
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up