ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:57 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
dhop > obj

is that the consensus?
Nah... DHop @ $18 mil and lost draft capital is not better than OBJ at a $6-8 mil incentive laden contract.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:01 PM 03-20-2023
mahomes unliked the tweet :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:04 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Nah... DHop @ $18 mil and lost draft capital is not better than OBJ at a $6-8 mil incentive laden contract.
Hopkins has put up better numbers for the last 6 seasons than Beckham has
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:12 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Exactamundo.

(I think Mahomes’ pal Henry Winkler coined that)
[Reply]
New World Order 08:21 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Negotiating deal confirmed
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:32 PM 03-20-2023
Hopkins is the better receiver and better scheme fit at this point. He will take attention away from Kelce and is a favourable red zone matchup. I do not trust OBJ’s durability whatsoever and he doth protest too much. D-Hop is a consummate pro. He will work and wants a ring. OBJ wants a bag. Cap/dollars can be massaged/manipulated. Fit cannot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Hopkins is the better receiver and better scheme fit at this point. He will take attention away from Kelce and is a favourable red zone matchup. I do not trust OBJ’s durability whatsoever and he doth protest too much. D-Hop is a consummate pro. He will work and wants a ring. OBJ wants a bag. Cap/dollars can be massaged/manipulated. Fit cannot.
but there is draft picks involved. We may need that 2nd round pick to move up in the 1st and get the player Veach/Reid are really wanting.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:49 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
But he left up Omenihu about D Hop 🤔
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:49 PM 03-20-2023
I’d sign D Hop for something like a 3/55 deal
[Reply]
BossChief 10:17 PM 03-20-2023
I think everything has to equate to ROI.

If we would need to send a 2nd rounder for DHop, I’m OUT unless I’m getting a third back with the player. In no way shape or form is DHop worth OBJ and a second. In any scenario where we trade a second for him, OBJ would clearly be the better option.

If they want a third for Hopkins, we would need to get an early 5th back in the trade. Otherwise, keep the pick and sign OBJ.

For a 4th and maybe even a conditional pick next year, I’d love to hand our #1 WR spot (that’s for you CM) to Hopkins for 2 years… if they can have the $ make sense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:12 AM 03-21-2023
If Odell went to NYJ (no idea how that would happen, just go with it for a second), would that automatically make them the odds-favorite to win the AFC-E? They already have the best defense in that division, they have some nice pieces on offense including that RB that should be coming back early next season, and Aaron may not be MVP Aaron, but does he have to be? Could NYJ beat BUF or MIA with 80% of MVP Rodgers? With that defense and Hall(?) and their young receivers and then Odell?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:33 AM 03-21-2023
I do agree with this but it still depends on draft capital. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for D-Hop at 30 + $19.5m. If you want a possession WR to offset Kelce, why not just draft Cedric Tillman or something and call it a day?

If it's for a couple of day 3 picks or something, well then go ahead and get the freakin deal done already.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:06 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I do agree with this but it still depends on draft capital. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for D-Hop at 30 + $19.5m. If you want a possession WR to offset Kelce, why not just draft Cedric Tillman or something and call it a day?

If it's for a couple of day 3 picks or something, well then go ahead and get the freakin deal done already.
This is my thinking. I agree that DHop may be the better fit and less of a risk injury wise...but I'd be amazed if OBJ gets close to the 19m and 14m that DHop gets. Even with the drama, if OBJ is, say, 12m with incentives to make it 15m, and an out after year 1 - I'd take that and keep the draft capital, even if it was, say, just a 4th and 6th. We may not hit on those picks every time but there's plenty of options for us to improve with a NT, CB, RB or TE at those positions we need depth.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:26 AM 03-21-2023
Beckham has completed like 3 seasons out of 8.
[Reply]
JPH83 06:08 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Beckham has completed like 3 seasons out of 8.
Yep, and I'd be using whatever draft capital I gave up to acquire DHop to draft another WR as a result.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up