ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>A few "what if" scenarios...
Couch-Potato 06:05 PM 03-01-2023
Ok, let's use this thread to get "What if" or "Would you" scenario conversations going.

Here are a few to start the conversation:

1) DT J. Carter might fall in the draft due to recent news around fleeing the scene of an accident and lying to police. If Carter falls to the #11-#15 range, would you trade #31 + 2023 4th RD pick + 2024 1st to move up and get him?

2) Let's say RB Bijan Robinson falls to us at #31, would you take a generational talent BPA or are you too weary of 1st RD RBs to take him?

3) Which retread, veteran, 1-yr prove it deal would you prefer: M. Thomas, K. Golladay, or O. Beckam Jr

4) Hopkins is available via trade, would you offer a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year?

5) Houston calls and offers #12 + #33 for C Jones, do you move him?

6) The Jets call and offer #13 for Orlando Brown Jr, do you move him?

7) JuJu's market get's hot and he wants a 3-yr deal around $18m, $20m, & $22m to stay in KC or he'll get more elsewhere...Do you resign him?

BONUS: Chief's superfan ChiefsAHolic breaks out of prison and runs out in front of your car on the hwy so you stop abruptly and let him in. He's got an extra wolf suite with him and he's been planning a big job, do you help him pull one last Bank Heist?

Please respond, debate, and add your own scenarios below...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:57 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by :
Ok, let's use this thread to get "What if" or "Would you" scenario conversations going.

1) DT J. Carter might fall in the draft due to recent news around fleeing the scene of an accident and lying to police. If Carter falls to the #11-#15 range, would you trade #31 + 2023 4th RD pick + 2024 1st to move up and get him?

2) Let's say RB Bijan Robinson falls to us at #31, would you take a generational talent BPA or are you too weary of 1st RD RBs to take him?

3) Which retread, veteran, 1-yr prove it deal would you prefer: M. Thomas, K. Golladay, or O. Beckam Jr

4) Hopkins is available via trade, would you offer a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year?

7) JuJu's market get's hot and he wants a 3-yr deal around $18m, $20m, & $22m to stay in KC or he'll get more elsewhere...Do you resign him?

BONUS: Chief's superfan ChiefsAHolic breaks out of prison and runs out in front of your car on the hwy so you stop abruptly and let him in. He's got an extra wolf suite with him and he's been planning a big job, do you help him pull one last Bank Heist?

Originally Posted by :
Alright guys, Coogs suggests we move both C Jones AND OBJ to end up with the following early picks: 12, 13, 31, 33, 63, and 95.

Who you taking with those picks in the draft?
Put it all together lol

11. DT Carter
12. OT Johnson
13. DL Kancey
33. RB Robinson
63. DE Carter II
95. [Trade] D. Hopkins
+
123. OT W. Morris
168. OL B. Daniels
197. DB S. Thomas V
227. FB H. Luepke
251. DE C. Murphy

QB: P. Mahomes II,S. Buechele
RB: B. Robinson, I. Pacheco, J. Mckinnon
FB: H. Luepke
TE: T. Kelce, N. Gray, J. Fortson
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Smith-Shuster, OBJ, K. Toney, S. Moore, J. Ross
OT: P. Johnson, W Morris, L. Nang
IL: J. Thuney, C. Humphrey, T. Smith, B. Daniels, D. Kinnard

ED: G. Karlaftis, A. Carter II, M. Danna, J. Kaindoh, C. Murphy
DT: J. Carter, C. Kancey, K. Saunders, B. Williams
LB: N. Bolton, W. Gay, L. Chenal
CB: T. McDuffie, L. Sneed, J. Watson, J. Williams, S. Thomas V
DB: J. Reid, B. Cook, J. Thornhill
[Reply]
Coogs 06:01 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If there is a QB sitting there, I have to think Arizona will get bombarded with calls for #3 and might take a more lucrative haul than maybe we'd want to offer but I'd start with a phone call to them for 1sts #12 and #31 and 4th #133. It fits the Hill model but not the Johnson model. They will want picks so maybe they'd bite if they aren't getting some much more lucrative offers. Not too many teams can offer two 1sts this year. The last time a team traded the #3 pick it went for #12 and two future 1sts and a 3rd. Those future firsts have about the same value as a first this year. In 2013 it went for #12 and #42 but there weren't good QB prospects.

IF I could get that pick from Arizona at that price I'd take Will Anderson, obviously. I'm having my doubts Arizona bites. I'm moving on...

Now, if I can't get to 3 then it gets dicey. Seattle has zero incentive to move out of #5 with the picks they have in this draft. Detroit also has limited incentive to move out of #6. Both are probably trades of 12 and 33 for 5/6 and a 4th-round kickback.

IF I could get to either of those spots, I'd opt for whichever remaining pass rusher there is from Murphy and Wilson. I just don't think it happens.

So not being able to move up into the top 5 is the basis for my actual mock here...

So, stuck at 12, I'm targeting my LT from whoever might remain in the group of Johnson, Jones, and Skoronski. I suspect Broderick Jones is the guy that's there and honestly, he has really outstanding upside. He's my dude.

The values at 13 probably lie in CB or WR. Obviously, we don't need a 1st round CB. Jalen Hyatt is tempting here. Here's the deal though, and I'm going to surprise you with this, we traded Chris Jones in this scenario and that's a tough pill to swallow. I'd go for Tuli Tuipulotu at 13. Hey, maybe some people feel that's a big reach on the surface but maybe it's not. I like this kid more than most and I'd do it. I think an NFL team that needs a pass-rushing DT is going to do it. I think he's a better player than any of the edge players right here. Let's not forget this cat had 12 sacks and 33 QB pressures this year.

Now we've kind of just spun our wheels, correct? We moved our LT and our HOF DT to take a LT and a DT. So what we have are our original draft picks and #33, so we better make sure as shit it counts. What do I really want to do at 31? I have that extra pick at 33 and feel really good about getting an edge there as much as I can at 31. I think there's a chance this guy will be around at pick 31 but he won't be there at 33 with Pittsburgh picking in between. I'm going to fix this offensive line for good and go with Darnell Wright at RT.

Moving to pick 33, now I'm going to get my edge rusher, finally. I'm going with Derick Hall from Auburn here. He's just the type the Chiefs need and he's a good locker-room dude from everything I've read. I just love this kid.

Now I'm looking at the board and I feel like there's just one more guy I have to have. I need this guy to remake my defense. He's not going to get past Pittsburgh at 49 in my eyes. I'm calling Detroit again. Hey, sorry it didn't work out at #6 but let's make it work for #48. I'm giving them 63 and 95 for 48. They want a 6th round kicker so I throw in 219. I get my baby mammoth to knock the snot out of people with Keeanu Benton.

1-12: LT Broderick Jones
1-13: DT Tuli Tuipulotu
1-31: RT Darnell Wright
2-33: ER Derick Hall
2-48: DT Keeanu Benton

So there you go. A completely re-made DL and OL for several years out.
This would be pretty tempting. It would leave a lot of money to re-sign some of our own, and/or go after an offensive weapon this year.

Plus still a hand full of late round picks to take some fliers on to bolster out the roster.

Might also set up future drafts to really keep the AFC running through Arrowhead every year to get to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
O.city 06:41 AM 03-02-2023
It may also cause the defense to crater for a year or two and you could have a LT not ready to play

We’d free up a lot of money that you guys wouldn’t want to spend on our own and would want to trade them for picks so I’m not sure what we’re discussing
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:22 AM 03-02-2023
If there is a QB sitting there, I have to think Arizona will get bombarded with calls for #3 and might take a more lucrative haul than maybe we'd want to offer but I'd start with a phone call to them for 1sts #12 and #31 and 4th #133. It fits the Hill model but not the Johnson model. They will want picks so maybe they'd bite if they aren't getting some much more lucrative offers. Not too many teams can offer two 1sts this year. The last time a team traded the #3 pick it went for #12 and two future 1sts and a 3rd. Those future firsts have about the same value as a first this year. In 2013 it went for #12 and #42 but there weren't good QB prospects.

IF I could get that pick from Arizona at that price I'd take Will Anderson, obviously. I'm having my doubts Arizona bites. I'm moving on...

Now, if I can't get to 3 then it gets dicey. Seattle has zero incentive to move out of #5 with the picks they have in this draft. Detroit also has limited incentive to move out of #6. Both are probably trades of 12 and 33 for 5/6 and a 4th-round kickback.

IF I could get to either of those spots, I'd opt for whichever remaining pass rusher there is from Murphy and Wilson. I just don't think it happens.

So not being able to move up into the top 5 is the basis for my actual mock here...

So, stuck at 12, I'm targeting my LT from whoever might remain in the group of Johnson, Jones, and Skoronski. I suspect Broderick Jones is the guy that's there and honestly, he has really outstanding upside. He's my dude.

The values at 13 probably lie in CB or WR. Obviously, we don't need a 1st round CB. Jalen Hyatt is tempting here. Here's the deal though, and I'm going to surprise you with this, we traded Chris Jones in this scenario and that's a tough pill to swallow. I'd go for Tuli Tuipulotu at 13. Hey, maybe some people feel that's a big reach on the surface but maybe it's not. I like this kid more than most and I'd do it. I think an NFL team that needs a pass-rushing DT is going to do it. I think he's a better player than any of the edge players right here. Let's not forget this cat had 12 sacks and 33 QB pressures this year.

Now we've kind of just spun our wheels, correct? We moved our LT and our HOF DT to take a LT and a DT. So what we have are our original draft picks and #33, so we better make sure as shit it counts. What do I really want to do at 31? I have that extra pick at 33 and feel really good about getting an edge there as much as I can at 31. I think there's a chance this guy will be around at pick 31 but he won't be there at 33 with Pittsburgh picking in between. I'm going to fix this offensive line for good and go with Darnell Wright at RT.

Moving to pick 33, now I'm going to get my edge rusher, finally. I'm going with Derick Hall from Auburn here. He's just the type the Chiefs need and he's a good locker-room dude from everything I've read. I just love this kid.

Now I'm looking at the board and I feel like there's just one more guy I have to have. I need this guy to remake my defense. He's not going to get past Pittsburgh at 49 in my eyes. I'm calling Detroit again. Hey, sorry it didn't work out at #6 but let's make it work for #48. I'm giving them 63 and 95 for 48. They want a 6th round kicker so I throw in 219. I get my baby mammoth to knock the snot out of people with Keeanu Benton.

1-12: LT Broderick Jones
1-13: DT Tuli Tuipulotu
1-31: RT Darnell Wright
2-33: ER Derick Hall
2-48: DT Keeanu Benton

So there you go. A completely re-made DL and OL for several years out.
Did.... did you watch me run my mock this morning, dude?

I ran this simulation and ended up with the exact same top 4 picks.

If the Chiefs were to go with an approach like this, I'd think they have to be aggressive in free agency pursuing either Hargrave or DreMont Jones, because they would need the defensive line reinforcement. It would be a "keep hitting bid" situation with one of those dudes. You would get something worked out with Clark in this situation to add a veteran presence on the DL. And you'd get a Sneed extension done, stat.

I also think it would increase the likelihood the Chiefs make a trade for an offensive weapon like Hopkins or Mike Evans.

With three first-round picks in this draft, I'd feel comfortable moving a high 2024 pick for Hopkins.

But looking at it, a pair of rookie tackles and a completely re-made DL is not really the way I would want to roll into an attempt to defend a SB title.

I think the scenario is more realistic/works better if the Chiefs extend Chris Jones and trade Orlando Brown, Jr.

I think if KC could get #13 for Orlando, it should strongly consider it. You draft Broderick Jones and chase Andre Dillard in free agency. Use the savings on Brown to nab Dillard (he'd take roughly 1/3 of the Brown yearly AAV, at most. Maybe more like 1/4), possibly extend Sneed, and either reinforce the DL or the WR room with the leftovers.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:35 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It may also cause the defense to crater for a year or two and you could have a LT not ready to play

We’d free up a lot of money that you guys wouldn’t want to spend on our own and would want to trade them for picks so I’m not sure what we’re discussing
Agreed, could take a year or so for them to season a bit but we'd still be SB competitors IMO.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:45 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Hell no. That's too much for any non-elite QB prospect. No.

I’d definitely trade up and get a top 5 prospect because these charges aren’t gonna stick IF we could trade Chris Jones for the package you listed below.

Nope. RB's can be found anywhere, and the difference between 'elite' and 'good' is not worth the draft capital.

Agreed. Pacheco and McKinnon have been very productive. Pacheco is getting better with each rep and we need to see what his ceiling is.

I don't want any of those guys for what they'll want to be paid. The juice ain't worth the squeeze.

Agreed. Plus I want to see what Skyy and Toney do next year. Draft someone and bring back watson.

5) Hopkins is available via trade, would you offer a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year?

I think I've been clear about my feelings on this idea, but just in case there was any confusion, this is a reerun'd idea.

Agreed, we need to invest in defense and oline.

Yes. I think you have to. I don't think they would, I think that is too steep, but you'd have to take it.

Agreed, if you can get Jalen Carter, absolutely. But I’d probably trade him anyway for that much in draft capital but it’s a no brainer if you can get Carter also.

yes, and then I'd hang up the phone, walk outside and scream "**** YES!" at the top of my lungs.

Agreed, I’d tried to move up for Paris if this could happen. He’s got great feet and potential.

Nope, thanks for all of your help, Juju, have a nice career, buddy.

Agreed. Just keep making good decisions, don’t reach. We can find quality FA WRs on the cheap bc they want to play with PM.

How good at this can he be? He was robbing banks in a KC Wolf costume, for ****'s sake. No thanks.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:58 PM 03-17-2023
How about...

Antonio Gibson Trade?
Chiefs trade: 4th-round pick
Commanders trade: RB Antonio Gibson

It wasn’t so long ago that the Washington Football Team took an exciting young offensive weapon in the third round of the 2020 NFL Draft when they submitted Antonio Gibson’s name on a draft card. As a wideout and running back, Gibson was asked to do everything while studying at Memphis and his skill set intrigued NFL scouts who were in love with what he might be able to do on the field.

Gibson looked the part early on in his career and even broke through in his sophomore season with 1,331 yards from scrimmage in 2021. Last year, however, while dealing with injuries, Gibson’s yards per carry dropped to a mere 3.7 average and Washington became enamored with a new third-round pick in Brian Robinson.

With Gibson coming off of his worst year yet coming into his most expensive season at just over $3 million, it makes sense for them to try to relinquish some value from him now and turn the page early so they can rebuild the depth chart behind Robinson in Eric Bieniemy’s new offense.

For the Chiefs, the idea would be to get a younger and more dynamic tandem partner with Isiah Pacheco for the next era of the backfield. While Jerick McKinnon has served the team well in that role, he lacked the same electricity that he had as a runner in 2021 and he’ll turn 31 years old in May.

Meanwhile, Gibson has great speed and agility to go with solid size and could be a threat in a number of ways out of the backfield. He also comes with return ability having handled kick return duties for the Commanders a year ago. More than anything, projecting Gibson in an imaginative offense like the Chiefs after years playing for Washington would be an exciting wrinkle to add to the mix and would certainly energize the player.

Interesting.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:03 PM 03-17-2023
If Bieniemy has any illusions of installing an offensive scheme similar to what was ran here in KC, then I see no reason he'd ever want to sign off on trading away Gibson. He can absolutely play that McKinnon role and he's a better rusher to boot.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:16 PM 03-17-2023
Trade up with the Buccs for Q Johnston and take OT W Morris in the 3rd? https://draftwire.usatoday.com/lists...on-will-levis/
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:19 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Trade up with the Buccs for Q Johnston and take OT W Morris in the 3rd? https://draftwire.usatoday.com/lists...on-will-levis/
LOL Same but for JSN? Not very creative

https://sports.yahoo.com/2023-nfl-mo...134047282.html
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:40 PM 04-07-2023

HOLY ****! Did I call ChiefsAholic escaping from jail or what?!
[Reply]
Palangi 10:55 PM 04-07-2023
If Bieniemy has any illusions of installing an offensive scheme similar to what was ran here in KC, then I see no reason he'd ever want to sign off on trading away Gibson. He can absolutely play that McKinnon role and he's a better rusher to boot.
Maybe Bienemy would like CEH with him.

Give them CEH and one of our 6th round picks for Gibson.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:29 PM 04-08-2023
Are y’all serious? You wouldn’t move up to 15 for jalen Carter? He’s probably the best DT prospect since suh? He’s already resolved his criminal issues and I don’t think he will be racing anymore. Getting jalen at 15 is like getting Justin Houston in the third. I’d absolutely move up to 15 for jalen Carter.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:29 PM 04-08-2023

1) Would have to, Andy can take character issue types and rehab the into young men.

2) Saw an article indicating he might be the best player in the draft, of course I would take BR.

3) We still looking at OBJ, and I think he'd be a really nice addition at this point to our WR core.

4) Yes. Hopkins for a 3rd, I'd still probably do that but might be able to pay less and I'd try my best to get him for less.

5) No. Keeping Chris Jones.

6) Feels a bit weird we couldn't find a way to tag and trade OBJ for something. We could have still worked with Mahomes and extended CJ to make cap space enough for our offseason FAs so far.

7) JuJu didn't end up getting much, I would have paid the $11m.

Is Chiefsaholic going to be on the Kelce podcast!?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:24 PM 04-08-2023

I've probably already played, but what the hell, I'm so bored.

1) Absolutely not.

2) No. Unless he's the second coming of Barry Sanders, or more apporiately for KC, the second coming of Marshall Faulk, no.

3) Odell.

4) I'd trade a 2nd if that's all it took, so yeah a 3rd is a no-brainer

5) Fuck nah.

6) Sure

7) meh. No. I would've signed Thielen for the same money or less (can't remember what Adam took, but I think it was less)

BONUS: Yeah, but I get to drive. And i get to keep the wolfhead.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up