ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 270
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
DRM08 04:36 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Offenses win championships

Historical defenses give up 38 to the Chiefs
Bengals have given up 23-24 points in 3 straight games with the Chiefs. That Bengals defense has been a major part of their success in the Playoffs the last two years.

Cincy offense has scored 22 points per game in the Playoffs and it has been enough to win 5 of 7 Playoff games because the defense has been excellent. 22 points per game on offense would not have any success with a shitty defense.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 04:36 PM 03-01-2023
How expensive would Brandin cooks be?
[Reply]
Dante84 04:43 PM 03-01-2023
I always hate the articles about a report about a report (no offense to the OP, just a jab at the guys in the media who post stuff about other people's posts.)

For those interested, here's the exact source / quote @ the 6:19-mark. Sounds like Ben heard some stuff floating around at the Combine the past couple days. Thinks it might be our 2nd rounder, but doesn't want to speculate.

Albright is hit or miss, but he does spend the first 5 minutes of the podcast getting blown by the other guys for calling the AZ HC hire.

To hear the podcasters chat about their thoughts on it, I've got it tee'd up at the correct timestamp below (29 min mark)

[Reply]
TEX 04:47 PM 03-01-2023
No
[Reply]
BossChief 04:48 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If he were a free agent? Sure. If the Cards would trade him for a 4th or later? Sure.

But this is really just Benji throwing shit at the wall as we've effectively become the new Patriots: Aging star talent looking to revitalize his career, lets just assume he'll go to KC!

But this doesn't fit Veach's M.O at all. Trade a top 3 round draft pick for an aging, expensive player? Since when do the Chiefs do that? They don't.
this

I don’t think Andy has ever traded for a player over 30.

Is is nothing more than Albright connecting dots that aren’t there.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:48 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It really doesn't matter how good your defense is in todays game, you aren't winning games 17-13.

Once upon a time...

checks calendar

...four years ago.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:51 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If he were a free agent? Sure. If the Cards would trade him for a 4th or later? Sure.

But this is really just Benji throwing shit at the wall as we've effectively become the new Patriots: Aging star talent looking to revitalize his career, lets just assume he'll go to KC!

But this doesn't fit Veach's M.O at all. Trade a top 3 round draft pick for an aging, expensive player? Since when do the Chiefs do that? They don't.
If he were a FA teams could bid up his price.

The advantsge here is the relatively low price on his cap hit, should he be willing to play on it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:52 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Once upon a time...

checks calendar

...four years ago.
Thanks for reminding me of that puppy abortion of a game.

Dickhead.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:53 PM 03-01-2023
Also, no fucking trades for declining PED using WR drama queens.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:56 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Also, no fucking trades for declining PED using WR drama queens.
I Belize I’ll trust Andy and Bert over your opinion!!
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:08 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I Belize I’ll trust Andy and Bert over your opinion!!
Ok, Homeless Hedo Rick.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:15 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Bengals have given up 23-24 points in 3 straight games with the Chiefs. That Bengals defense has been a major part of their success in the Playoffs the last two years.

Cincy offense has scored 22 points per game in the Playoffs and it has been enough to win 5 of 7 Playoff games because the defense has been excellent. 22 points per game on offense would not have any success with a shitty defense.
Defenses only really matter if you are playing Daniel Jones or something
[Reply]
DRM08 05:25 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Defenses only really matter if you are playing Daniel Jones or something
The Bengals held Mahomes to 23-24 points in 3 straight games, including 2 Playoff games. The Bengals held Josh Allen to 10 points in a Playoff game. Bengals also held an explosive Rams offense to 23 points in the Super Bowl last year.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:50 PM 03-01-2023
So this is like the 4th thread on this topic but I'm surprised KC fans aren't more excited about the potential. I'd personally, LOVE to bring him in! There isn't a single WR in the draft with Hopkin's potential IMO, and he's the top WR available on the market being added to the #1 offense in the league. No doubt he'd be amazing here.

I'm happy offering a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year.

Get it done Veach!

PS: D Hop, make sure you're clean when you show up.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:50 PM 03-01-2023
Guys, we're not going shopping for a #1 WR. Or anyone else anywhere near top of the market at any position.

We are much more likely to re-sign the guys we've had in the building and won a SB with than sign anyone the casual fan has heard of.

We'll be bargain shopping if we go shopping at all.

We're going to grow our own. And we should.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 270
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up