ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 270
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:10 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Valid point, but neither did trading up into the 1st round to get a CB like we did last year. Before that happened everyone was sure Veach viewed CB as an afterthought, filling the position with whatever scraps he could get via trade, free agency, or mid-to-late round draft picks.

You never know what Veach has up his sleeve.
Absolutely, I'd never put anything past him. If this rumor is true though, along with the news they were swinging for A.J. Brown, it really makes you wonder what happened with Hill. If you're going to pay big for a WR, why not just keep him? Must have been more to the situation, perhaps Ty just really did want to move on.

I'm all for it if Veach thinks he can make it work without losing guys like Sneed and Bolton for the long haul.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:10 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
AJ was much younger and faster! DeHop is not a spring chicken anymore!
You're right, DHop isn't a kid anymore. But can AJ do what DHop does at 9:04?:-) Sick. Just sick.

Lot of nice catches, route-running, adjustments in here. Especially when you consider that he's catching passes from four different QBs, three of whom aren't NFL starters. But that catch at 9:04 is just nonsense. The one at 2:24 is pretty ridiculous as well.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Of course the contract matters.

You don't understand the value if you think DHop isn't worth what he would be paid here for.

The issue is will he want more? If so then no.

If he plays on the current deal it's an easy yes.
I'm not saying he's not worth the contract in a vacuum. I'm saying, in totality, I'm not sure he's worth the overall investment. He very well may be and Bert may make the deal. But those are immediately $ and assets that can't be used elsewhere. Again, maybe Bert does it, but I don't think it's a slam dunk whatsoever.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:12 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can't imagine he is playing on the current deal.
Maybe? Maybe he will if it’s on a contender. He could also do it to facilitate a trade, play for a year and then request a new deal.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:16 PM 03-01-2023
No thanks, when you're already #1 with a collection of twos and threes you don't need an expensive geezer... just keep stuffing the pipeline with rookies and young vets on prove it deals

But hey, if Veach and Reid want him I'll shut up and figure they know best
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 03-01-2023
I can't imagine he is playing on the current deal.
Pretty sure either him or his agent has already said he wants a new contract as part of any trade.
[Reply]
notorious 03:18 PM 03-01-2023
I'd rather pay him that, than JJSS 14 I think.
Kind of what I was thinking.

What does the extra 3.5 give you a year?
[Reply]
hometeam 03:21 PM 03-01-2023
We have proven you don't have to pay big money to receivers or rbs.

Have the GOAT at QB and win in the trenches and its a recipe for great success.
[Reply]
nychief 03:21 PM 03-01-2023
Of course you want him if you can make it work. He's a first ballot HOF wideout with best hands in football, he wouldn't be fair with Patrick Mahomes throwing him the the ball. Now, can you make it work? That's a different discussion.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:26 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Kind of what I was thinking.

What does the extra 3.5 give you a year?
see post #62 above
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:30 PM 03-01-2023
For those implying that he's washed up and/or too old, less than 5 months ago he went on a multi-game run where he was a top-5 WR in the NFL.

Oct 20 - 10 rec 103 yds
Oct 30 - 12 rec 159 yds 1 TD
Nov 6 - 4 rec 36 yds 1 TD (The Midget left early due to a strained vag)
Nov 13 - 10 rec 98 yds
Nov 21 - 9 rec 91 yds
Nov 27 - 4 rec 81 yds 1 TD
Dec 12 - 7 rec 79 yds
Dec 18 - 7 rec 60 yds

And that's with the resting bitch face midget, Colt McCoy, and Trace "marty" McSorley throwing to him.

Don't kid yourself, he's still got plenty of gas left in the tank.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:31 PM 03-01-2023
Fucking no.

No more old people
[Reply]
Mecca 03:31 PM 03-01-2023
There's a reason that if we made this move all of the other fans would like mother fucker! and complain.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:35 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm not saying he's not worth the contract in a vacuum. I'm saying, in totality, I'm not sure he's worth the overall investment. He very well may be and Bert may make the deal. But those are immediately $ and assets that can't be used elsewhere. Again, maybe Bert does it, but I don't think it's a slam dunk whatsoever.
The lesson from Tyreek isn't don't pay good WR's.

What they did was very specific to Hill at 30 million. They did not want to do that and Hill had trade value back.

Each situation has to be looked at on its own.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:36 PM 03-01-2023
Even in his prime years with the Texans, I didn't want him. So many receivers are built around hype that when it's time to have sustained success, they fall off a cliff. I'm sure he has gas left in the tank, and would play better with Patrick and Reid than he has in years, but I'm not sure it'd be enough.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 270
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up