ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
staylor26 10:48 AM 02-27-2023
Man, every time I watch this guy I can't help but think he would be fantastic in this offense. I know TE in the 1st isn't an option for many on here, and I doubt it happens, but he might be the best TE in this class and has the upside to be a top 3 TE in the NFL in a couple years.

Andy loves his YAC guys, and Kincaid is really fucking good after the catch. Kelce and Kincaid would be a cheat code in the middle of the field.

Of course, you could say the same thing about Mayer and Musgrave. Any one of the top 3 TEs would have the rest of the NFL collectively shitting their pants.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean I built the Hockenson bandwagon before I drove the thing.

I do love what a dynamic 2 TE set could bring to the table. I just think we have more pressing needs that are better served being addressed both now and going forward.
There ya go the surprise of the offseason...

TJ Hockenson grew up a big Chiefs fan, he signs with the Chiefs giving them the most ridiculous TE pair ever.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:49 PM 02-28-2023
I mean I built the Hockenson bandwagon before I drove the thing.

I do love what a dynamic 2 TE set could bring to the table. I just think we have more pressing needs that are better served being addressed both now and going forward.
Oh you did for sure.

And we have more pressing needs but we had those when Veach decided to go with CEH...so I'm not turning down any ideas at #31 right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:52 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There ya go the surprise of the offseason...

TJ Hockenson grew up a big Chiefs fan, he signs with the Chiefs giving them the most ridiculous TE pair ever.
He's not a FA.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:52 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He's not a FA.
Oh I thought he was and that was why Detroit moved him...
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:55 PM 02-28-2023
Oh I thought he was and that was why Detroit moved him...
He's got his 5th year option left, I believe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:59 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
LaPorta I also have a lot of time for also.
I'm intrigued by Sam as well. He comes from an absolute TE factory and he's been a plus player since he first arrived in Iowa City. I think he has a lot of upside.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:02 PM 02-28-2023
Just realized this was missing from the thread

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:12 PM 02-28-2023
I watched a few of those games live. Literally seemed like he had 30 catches in that USC game.

Kincaid and Kelce on the field together wouldn't even be fair.

If that happens, just cancel the season and give us the Lombo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm intrigued by Sam as well. He comes from an absolute TE factory and he's been a plus player since he first arrived in Iowa City. I think he has a lot of upside.
I typically hesitate a little when I have to cite 'coming from an X factory' but I'll be damned if some schools don't just produce high level players at certain positions.

It probably does mean something, especially if the staff that produced those guys is still there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:29 PM 02-28-2023
I typically hesitate a little when I have to cite 'coming from an X factory' but I'll be damned if some schools don't just produce high level players at certain positions.

It probably does mean something, especially if the staff that produced those guys is still there.
Yeah, I don't say that just willy nilly. The way Iowa develops players is conducive to producing good TE's and linemen. They're pretty good at developing white linebackers too. :-)

As far as TE's go, you always have the big names like Hockenson, Kittle and Dallas Clark. But you also have guys that are just solid TE's too. We're all familiar with Noah Fant due to recency bias but I bet nobody remembers a guy like Scott Chandler, who was a standout conversion project at Iowa. He bounced around for a few years before he stuck with the Bills. In 4 years there, he amassed 180 catches for just over 2000 yards and 17 TD's.

It actually goes all the way back to Hayden Fry and guys like Jonathan Hayes and Marv Cook. Fry was one of the very first NCAA coaches to introduce the idea of a stand-up TE.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:32 PM 02-28-2023
Yeah, I don't say that just willy nilly. The way Iowa develops players is conducive to producing good TE's and linemen. They're pretty good at developing white linebackers too. :-)

As far as TE's go, you always have the big names like Hockenson, Kittle and Dallas Clark. But you also have guys that are just solid TE's too. We're all familiar with Noah Fant due to recency bias but I bet nobody remembers a guy like Scott Chandler, who was a standout conversion project at Iowa. He bounced around for a few years before he stuck with the Bills. In 4 years there, he amassed 180 catches for just over 2000 yards and 17 TD's.

It actually goes all the way back to Hayden Fry and guys like Jonathan Hayes and Marv Cook. Fry was one of the very first NCAA coaches to introduce the idea of a stand-up TE.
Why when I hear the name Hayden Fry do I think of the tv show coach?
[Reply]
O.city 03:35 PM 02-28-2023
I kinda like the TE's we have but yeah, I'd love to have another one.

I wouldn't go looking to replace Kelce. It won't happen, so you go a different offensive direction.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 02-28-2023
Why when I hear the name Hayden Fry do I think of the tv show coach?
Because he was one of the inspirations for Craig T Nelson's character, Hayden Fox.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:37 PM 02-28-2023
Because he was one of the inspirations for Craig T Nelson's character, Hayden Fox.
Well I hope Hayden Fry had better assistant coaches cause those guys man!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:57 PM 02-28-2023
Well I hope Hayden Fry had better assistant coaches cause those guys man!
His list of assistant coaches is pretty damn impressive.

Bob Stoops
Kirk Ferentz
Dan McCarney
Barry Alvarez
Bill Snyder
Joe Philbin
Brett Bielema
Jim Leavitt
Bobby Diaco
Bo Pelini

That's just off the top of my head.

Plus when you look at a guy like Bill Snyder, he has his own tree by himself.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up