ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
staylor26 10:48 AM 02-27-2023
Man, every time I watch this guy I can't help but think he would be fantastic in this offense. I know TE in the 1st isn't an option for many on here, and I doubt it happens, but he might be the best TE in this class and has the upside to be a top 3 TE in the NFL in a couple years.

Andy loves his YAC guys, and Kincaid is really fucking good after the catch. Kelce and Kincaid would be a cheat code in the middle of the field.

Of course, you could say the same thing about Mayer and Musgrave. Any one of the top 3 TEs would have the rest of the NFL collectively shitting their pants.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:24 PM 02-27-2023
I wouldn’t hate using the 2nd round pick on one of Kincaid or Kraft, or even moving up to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Stryker 07:54 PM 02-27-2023
I'm all in. I hope we trade Clark for some more draft capital. Since the NFL Draft comes to KC and they want to make a statement, I want them to grab Kincaid at all costs! Can you even imagine Kelce and Kincaid on the same field together? Some say a pipe dream, I say make it happen!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:08 PM 02-27-2023
Also, let JuJu walk and go after Lazard. This offense would be incredible!

As for the "D" fill in the gaps as you can through the draft. Trade CEH and get more picks. Try to get McKinnon back as well.

In Veach I trust - I need his magician hat this draft and in free agency! I actually have high hopes for us! Let's do this!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:14 PM 02-27-2023
Posted this about Kincaid 3 months ago. I like Musgrave, Washington, and Mayer - in that order - but I think Kincaid will end up being better than all of them by a decent sized gap. I'd be ecstatic if we somehow got him, he'd absolutely crush in a Reid offense with Mahomes throwing to him.

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Dalton Kincaid is the best college TE in the country. He's got perennial all-pro written all over him. That being said, we're too stacked at that position to use the high pick it's going to take to get him.

[Reply]
Toad 08:44 AM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think they'd pivot to DE or OT. I just can't see them spending a 1 on a TE.

You use a 1st on a guy who has blue chip talent AND is ready to play at/near that level right now. You use a 2 or 3 on guys who have the talent OR the readiness but not both.

We simply don't need a guy who can play at that level right this minute. If I can elect to use a 2 or 3 on a guy with similar tools who may take a year or two to get to that level, I'd take that over using a 1st on a guy who's probably not an every down starter for at least 3 years.
Oh, I agree. DE and or OT would be the primary considerations.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Posted this about Kincaid 3 months ago. I like Musgrave, Washington, and Mayer - in that order - but I think Kincaid will end up being better than all of them by a decent sized gap. I'd be ecstatic if we somehow got him, he'd absolutely crush in a Reid offense with Mahomes throwing to him.
I'd friggen love to see Musgrave serve a season or two apprenticeship under Kelce.

He's the closest thing the draft has to TK athletically but he doesn't have the feel for defenses that Kelce does (nobody does) nor does he do that crafty route running shit that makes Travis so dangerous.

Give Musgrave a couple years under TK's wing and you may have your next KC All Pro tight end.

I think it's a classic ceiling/floor debate with Musgrave vs. Kincaid. Dalton is more pro-ready, runs better routes and can produce immediately. I'm not sure that Musgrave can, but if he develops those rough edges, he's a better player than Kincaid, IMO.

That said, Musgrave is probably a 1st rounder and will definitely be gone by our 2nd. Kincaid miiiiiight fall to us in the 2nd or at least fall within reasonable trade-up range.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:08 AM 02-28-2023
That might be a bit overblown as far as playing time. Noah Gray got 50% of the snaps as #2 TE. Kelce got 79%. Wouldn't be the worst idea to get one in now and start to even out the work load or even give the rookie more than Kelce eventually to prolong his career.

Just for further reference, MVS and JuJu each took about 65% and they were the top 2 WRs.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:50 AM 02-28-2023
It sucks saying it, but how many more years of "prime" Kelce do we have left? 2, maybe 3? Looking at finding his replacement is starting to become a necessity. Plus our 12 formation would be just flat unfair if we were to take Kincaid (even if it would be a total luxury pick in this draft).

I agree with DJ - if the receivers they're targeting are gone, get a tackle or end with pick 31.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It sucks saying it, but how many more years of "prime" Kelce do we have left? 2, maybe 3? Looking at finding his replacement is starting to become a necessity. Plus our 12 formation would be just flat unfair if we were to take Kincaid (even if it would be a total luxury pick in this draft).

I agree with DJ - if the receivers they're targeting are gone, get a tackle or end with pick 31.
I just want to point again to Chad Lewis. Was on his way out of the league, Reid shows up and he makes 3 straight pro bowls.

Kelce is great but Andy simply gets production out of his TEs.

We may not need the best TE in football to get the best production from the position in the league going forward. Andy just knows how to use his TEs.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:56 AM 02-28-2023
Draft is to get the best talent. Free agency is to fill holes. I wouldn't be opposed to a tight end at all. Kelce is 34 this season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Draft is to get the best talent. Free agency is to fill holes. I wouldn't be opposed to a tight end at all. Kelce is 34 this season.
In a vacuum, yeah.

But when you have a HoF QB on a top QB contract and a HoF DT on a top DT contract (soon), you can't JUST use free agency to fill holes.

Last season very clearly demonstrated that fact. We filled, what, 4 starting spots in a single draft? And while that's not something you can expect, you probably do need to cover at least one and possibly 2 of your Day 1 starting spots in the draft given this cap realities of having a premier QB and DL.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:17 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just want to point again to Chad Lewis. Was on his way out of the league, Reid shows up and he makes 3 straight pro bowls.

Kelce is great but Andy simply gets production out of his TEs.

We may not need the best TE in football to get the best production from the position in the league going forward. Andy just knows how to use his TEs.
I mean shit, Andy had Sean fucking McGrath looking like a legit receiving option here for a hot minute when Kelce and Fasano were both down. QBs and TEs - Andy knows 'em, and that's not even sprinkling the Mahomes factor.

Again, I wouldn't hate Kincaid here at all, but give me a tackle prospect or a raw edge rusher that can be molded. And I kind of dig the TE room we have at the moment with Kelce, Gray, Bell, and Fortson anyway.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 02-28-2023
I'm definitely not against spending pick 31 on a TE. Even if you still have 3 years left of Kelce...having a 2nd option that you can put out on the field at the same time and create mismatches is extremely beneficial.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:39 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I mean shit, Andy had Sean fucking McGrath looking like a legit receiving option here for a hot minute when Kelce and Fasano were both down. QBs and TEs - Andy knows 'em, and that's not even sprinkling the Mahomes factor.

Again, I wouldn't hate Kincaid here at all, but give me a tackle prospect or a raw edge rusher that can be molded. And I kind of dig the TE room we have at the moment with Kelce, Gray, Bell, and Fortson anyway.
When you consider this video then think about what a Kincaid to add to this offense, I get it......

I'm not sure if that was Mahomes' best pass of the season, but damn it's at least top 5.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:47 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm definitely not against spending pick 31 on a TE. Even if you still have 3 years left of Kelce...having a 2nd option that you can put out on the field at the same time and create mismatches is extremely beneficial.
I mean I built the Hockenson bandwagon before I drove the thing.

I do love what a dynamic 2 TE set could bring to the table. I just think we have more pressing needs that are better served being addressed both now and going forward.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up