Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:42 PM 02-17-2023
Tyler Scott looks like a toothpick. I need my receiver to have a thick frame, a bulky guy who doesn't break down during a long season.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:43 PM 02-17-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Tyler Scott looks like a toothpick. I need my receiver to have a thick frame, a bulky guy who doesn't break down during a long season.
Dell is even smaller.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 PM 02-17-2023
Well, I mean, I don't know because some of these guys are anywhere from first rounders to fourth rounders depending on the mock.

I mean, what the hell. I have no idea what to think.

I imagine after the combine this will settle down?
[Reply]
Shoes 11:14 AM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
kccrow and I are higher on Tyler Scott than seemingly the entire universe, but I'm telling you, this guy at 31 will pay out.
If Tyler Scott is your guy you trade down, absolutely no reason to take him at 31. I like him as a prospect, for a smaller(ish) guy, his athleticism is off the charts and he is freaky strong (600 lbs squat, 16 reps of bench at 225).

I just have a hard time putting Scott ahead of a guy like Josh Downs who was more productive in back to back seasons playing against tougher competition. I think Downs will test similarly to Scott speed wise as well, Downs has some great contested catches on tape also.

I don't hate Scott but I would loathe that pick at 31.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:14 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
If Tyler Scott is your guy you trade down, absolutely no reason to take him at 31. I like him as a prospect, for a smaller(ish) guy, his athleticism is off the charts and he is freaky strong (600 lbs squat, 16 reps of bench at 225).

I just have a hard time putting Scott ahead of a guy like Josh Downs who was more productive in back to back seasons playing against tougher competition. I think Downs will test similarly to Scott speed wise as well, Downs has some great contested catches on tape also.

I respect your opinion quite a bit. That said, I don't think Downs will test anywhere near what Scott does. Scott was a junior olympian and will most likely run in the mid-4.2s. His acceleration and top-end are insane. There's a better-than-not chance he tests faster than Tyreek. Downs looks really similar to a guy we already have on the roster, to be honest. I think Flowers is quicker. Scott is absolutely quicker. Downs was a feature target they manufactured getting the ball. Scott put up 100 less yards on 40 less receptions. I just think when Reid sees the tape of this kid, that big brain of his is already going to be scheming what he can do with this kid.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:26 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:

I'm with you. If kccrow is correct on the speed of Scott it'll be interesting, I'm not sure I saw Tyreek speed but stand to be corrected. I just thought Downs looks way shiftier. He's probably a top slot only but is Scott any more? Downs absolutely puts people in blenders.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:43 PM 02-18-2023
I know I'm like the only big Dell fan on CP, but his film is better than all of those guys :-)

Size is truly the only issue there, but if he were just the same size as those guys, he'd be a lock in the 1st.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:15 PM 02-18-2023
This draft is considered fairly limited in talent and we have 11-12 picks. I think Veach pkgs pick to move up in the 1st or 2nd to get his guys.

Would be a lot of fun if that guy was Q Johnston or J Hyatt in my opinion, but not sure what it would take.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:19 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
This draft is considered fairly limited in talent and we have 11-12 picks. I think Veach pkgs pick to move up in the 1st or 2nd to get his guys.

Would be a lot of fun if that guy was Q Johnston or J Hyatt in my opinion, but not sure what it would take.
Again, when people are talking about the quality of the draft, they're typically talking about the top of it.

That doesn't mean that the talent level isn't about the same once you get outside of the top 15-20 picks.

But I can definitely see Veach using picks to move around, because I don't think this team needs quantity as much this season as it does quality.

If Veach can just find 3-4 guys like last year's class, we're fucking golden.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:49 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The tight end from ND has to be on here simply because if he's there you have to take him from a BPA spot right?
Michael Mayer and how ironic he wears #87 :-)

[IMG][/IMG]

This has Kansas City Chiefs written all over it!
[Reply]
JPH83 01:13 AM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I know I'm like the only big Dell fan on CP, but his film is better than all of those guys :-)

Size is truly the only issue there, but if he were just the same size as those guys, he'd be a lock in the 1st.
I rate him, separates probably better than anyone in the class. I just don't see how he does anything on the outside at that size. I reckon he's a slot and I think Moore and/or Juju will be that guy for us.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:09 AM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I rate him, separates probably better than anyone in the class. I just don't see how he does anything on the outside at that size. I reckon he's a slot and I think Moore and/or Juju will be that guy for us.
I tend to agree, but Moore hasn't shown me enough and JuJu might leave so I'm not ruling out slot just yet.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:14 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Again, when people are talking about the quality of the draft, they're typically talking about the top of it.

That doesn't mean that the talent level isn't about the same once you get outside of the top 15-20 picks.

But I can definitely see Veach using picks to move around, because I don't think this team needs quantity as much this season as it does quality.

If Veach can just find 3-4 guys like last year's class, we're ****ing golden.
I want him to move up in the draft to get a pass rusher or RT. Either is fine by me.

I agree with the sentiment though.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:05 PM 02-20-2023
I'm praying one of these guys falls, I'd have a hard time picking someone else if one did.

DT Byran Breese
WR Quinton Johnston
WR Jordan Addison
WR Jalin Hyatt
OT Anton Harrison
RB Bijan Robinson
[Reply]
kozzman555 04:42 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm praying one of these guys falls, I'd have a hard time picking someone else if one did.

DT Byran Breese
WR Quinton Johnston
WR Jordan Addison
WR Jalin Hyatt
OT Anton Harrison
RB Bijan Robinson
I'd drop Bijan Robinson for DE Foskey, love that dude's tape. I can't bring myself to draft another RB in the top three after CEH debacle and finding Pacheco in the 7th. There's just so much more value in other positions. I'd also prob add in Dawand Jones for RT, lock that o line down.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up