Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
O.city 12:36 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's tempting. Could give the Eagles OL a run for their money with him.
I think there's a scenario where you take him in round 1 and trade up in 2 for a pass rusher like Hall or Ojulari

My preferred situation is to take the best front 7 player on the board in the first, the best WR in the 2nd and trade our 3rd that would be conditional to the Commanders for Chase Young.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:39 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think there's a scenario where you take him in round 1 and trade up in 2 for a pass rusher like Hall or Ojulari

My preferred situation is to take the best front 7 player on the board in the first, the best WR in the 2nd and trade our 3rd that would be conditional to the Commanders for Chase Young.
I have a hard time buying that a 3rd gets it done with Young, but sign me up.

I'd also be very happy with that first scenario. Wright and Ojulari/Hall would be fantastic.

Then you can double dip at WR.
[Reply]
O.city 12:40 PM 02-16-2023
I have a hard time buying that a 3rd gets it done with Young, but sign me up.

I'd also be very happy with that first scenario. Wright and Ojulari/Hall would be fantastic.

Then you can double dip at WR.
You'd have to make it a conditional I'd imagine, maybe add a 4th.

Having Young/Ojulari paired with Karlaftis would be really fun.
[Reply]
O.city 12:42 PM 02-16-2023
The tight end from ND has to be on here simply because if he's there you have to take him from a BPA spot right?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:44 PM 02-16-2023
The tight end from ND has to be on here simply because if he's there you have to take him from a BPA spot right?
I considered listing him and the other 2 top TEs just because this class is so fucking good. If the Chiefs fill some holes before the draft, Mayer at least will be added.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:47 PM 02-16-2023
Don’t you do that to me.
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 02-16-2023
I like the TE's behind Kelce alot, but yeah if you can add that it seems like a no brainer.

I'm kinda wondering if they end up going with Niang at RT.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM 02-16-2023
I like the TE's behind Kelce alot, but yeah if you can add that it seems like a no brainer.

I'm kinda wondering if they end up going with Niang at RT.
It's definitely a possibility. They have 2 young guys in him and Tega-Wanogho that they could feel good about. It's not like Wylie is THAT much better than those guys either.

If they think Niang is the guy at RT, and they're comfortable with Tega-Wanogho backing him up, that would really open things up. That's a perfect example of something that would allow the Chiefs to take Mayer.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:05 PM 02-16-2023
You'd have to make it a conditional I'd imagine, maybe add a 4th.

Having Young/Ojulari paired with Karlaftis would be really fun.
Dude, I love your optimism. I really, really do.

That said, Chase Young was a force of nature 1 yr ago...we're not getting him for conditional 3rd and a fourth. Unless that condition is we trade them multiple 1sts if he plays like we all know he could. They have no reason to cut bait on the guy who was probably their most popular player as well as 1 of the best defenders in the league as a rookie this quickly. Players come back from his injury nowadays.

Payne, is the guy on the (former) Skins that we can get. He's a FA and they have a couple guys on that line that need to get paid-like Chase. We can probably get Payne if we want, though I'd just pay Jones and find a bigger guy like Payne in the draft.

It was mentioned earlier but I'd love to have Andre Carter in here at edge. Military so we know he's got discipline and he's got some athletic ability and size. Give me him and Harrison and I don't really care what else we get in the draft quite frankly.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:17 PM 02-16-2023
Picked this up from a mock draft. Would you do this trade up and pick?

Kansas City Chiefs (from TB)* | TCU WR Quentin Johnston

After watching this year’s top corners come off the board ahead of them, the Bucs could be willing to bail from this pick. With no receivers gone yet, the Chiefs deal their second-round pick to jump up from the last pick in the first round for Johnston, who has the traits to be a superstar in this explosive offense with Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:18 PM 02-16-2023
Color coding:

That would be amazing.
That would be solid.
Meh.
Ugh.

OT:

Broderick Jones, Georgia
Darnell Wright, Tennessee

Dawand Jones, Ohio St.

WR:

Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee
Jordan Addison, USC
Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio St.

Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
BJ Ojulari, LSU
Keion White, Georgia Tech
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
Derick Hall, Auburn

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
The reason Reid/Bienemy and Spags are able to craft flexible gameplans is because the roster is flexible. You don't have a ton of guys that all do the same thing and have the same weaknesses.

Dawand Jones is a downgraded version of Orlando Jones. You likely don't want the exact same tackle with the exact same weakness on both sides. Aside from the fact that, Brown excepted, he just isn't the kind of tackle Reid/Bienemy have ever wanted.

Van Ness should be a good enough player in the league, but he's basically a downgraded version of Karlaftis. We already have that guy; what the Chiefs need is a pure athletic rusher, even if that means you give up a bit on the "Spags DE" purity. You need a guy who can threaten tackles' outside shoulders every single snap, and the other guys on your list have that ability.

Edit: sorry for the font coloring, clearly didn't work on all the colors lol
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:26 PM 02-16-2023
Who I think the Chiefs are targeting right now, at #31 (with some flexibility to trade up if they want):

WR Jordan Addison, USC (trade up?)
WR Kayshon Boutte, LSU
WR Rashee Rice, SMU
WR Tyler Scott, Cincinnati
OT Broderick Jones, Georgia (trade up?)
OT Anton Harrison, Oklahoma (trade up?)
OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee
DT Gervon Dexter, Florida
DT Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh (if Jones is not extended)
DE Andre Carter II, Army
DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
S Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M

Arranged in order of the Chiefs' preference, if I had to guess:

1. WR Jordan Addison, USC
2. OT Broderick Jones, Georgia
3. OT Anton Harrison, Oklahoma
4. DE Andre Carter II, Army
5. WR Kayshon Boutte, LSU
6. WR Tyler Scott, Cincinnati
7. DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
8. WR Rashee Rice, SMU
9. S Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M
10. OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee
11. DT Gervon Dexter, Florida

Depends on Chris Jones: DT Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Dude, I love your optimism. I really, really do.

That said, Chase Young was a force of nature 1 yr ago...we're not getting him for conditional 3rd and a fourth. Unless that condition is we trade them multiple 1sts if he plays like we all know he could. They have no reason to cut bait on the guy who was probably their most popular player as well as 1 of the best defenders in the league as a rookie this quickly. Players come back from his injury nowadays.

Payne, is the guy on the (former) Skins that we can get. He's a FA and they have a couple guys on that line that need to get paid-like Chase. We can probably get Payne if we want, though I'd just pay Jones and find a bigger guy like Payne in the draft.

It was mentioned earlier but I'd love to have Andre Carter in here at edge. Military so we know he's got discipline and he's got some athletic ability and size. Give me him and Harrison and I don't really care what else we get in the draft quite frankly.
The Commanders didn't pick up his fifth year option, so he's going into his last year of his rookie deal. Usually, that means they aren't keeping the guy around.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:44 PM 02-16-2023
The Commanders didn't pick up his fifth year option, so he's going into his last year of his rookie deal. Usually, that means they aren't keeping the guy around.
I don't think that's official yet though it is like 18M so I see their hesitation. Still don't think we could get him that cheap. Why wouldn't they gamble then franchise him if he blows up?

You draft a dude 2nd overall and he blows up, then has an injury and you cut bait and he blows back up? Disaster.

Skins are also in the process of selling. They someone to be the face of that team. Carson Wentz ain't selling jerseys.
[Reply]
milkshock 02:45 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Who I think the Chiefs are targeting right now, at #31 (with some flexibility to trade up if they want):

WR Jordan Addison, USC (trade up?)
WR Kayshon Boutte, LSU
WR Rashee Rice, SMU
WR Tyler Scott, Cincinnati
OT Broderick Jones, Georgia (trade up?)
OT Anton Harrison, Oklahoma (trade up?)
OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee
DT Gervon Dexter, Florida
DT Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh (if Jones is not extended)
DE Andre Carter II, Army
DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
S Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M

Arranged in order of the Chiefs' preference, if I had to guess:

1. WR Jordan Addison, USC
2. OT Broderick Jones, Georgia
3. OT Anton Harrison, Oklahoma
4. DE Andre Carter II, Army
5. WR Kayshon Boutte, LSU
6. WR Tyler Scott, Cincinnati
7. DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
8. WR Rashee Rice, SMU
9. S Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M
10. OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee
11. DT Gervon Dexter, Florida

Depends on Chris Jones: DT Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh

Would go big and trade up for Addison. Set us up multiple cheap years with him as a no.1 WR if he is what we think he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up