Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 03:26 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My top 5 are

1T D-TACKLE Mazi Smith
EDGE Isaiah Foskey
RIGHT O-TACKLE Darnell Wright
O-WEAPON Jahmyr Gibbs
EDGE Derick Hall
I really like this and feel its realistic. I would replace Gibbs with...

LEFT O-TACKLE Anton Harrison - He COULD be available and to me, allows us to keep Taylor at RT. Only having one shaky O line position would be ideal. Yes its the LT but we've been dealing with helping that position out for two years. We no longer have to help out the RT so our O line would be incredible.

I would be ecstatic to land Wright at RT also but then we really have to hope Taylor can excel at LT.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:36 PM 03-20-2023
This draft feels pretty underwhelming and I wouldn't mind trading out if anyone is even buying
[Reply]
staylor26 05:08 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This draft feels pretty underwhelming and I wouldn't mind trading out if anyone is even buying
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347922

It's all in your head from hearing "this is a weak draft class". There is very little difference between this draft and the last few years where we are picking.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:12 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347922

It's all in your head from hearing "this is a weak draft class". There is very little difference between this draft and the last few years where we are picking.
And every year 1/2 the board wants to trade back.

Time is a flat circle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:19 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I really like this and feel its realistic. I would replace Gibbs with...

LEFT O-TACKLE Anton Harrison - He COULD be available and to me, allows us to keep Taylor at RT. Only having one shaky O line position would be ideal. Yes its the LT but we've been dealing with helping that position out for two years. We no longer have to help out the RT so our O line would be incredible.

I would be ecstatic to land Wright at RT also but then we really have to hope Taylor can excel at LT.
We really have to hope Taylor can excel at LT because he's going to be the LT.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:37 AM 03-21-2023
Starting to think the 1st needs to be a plug & play OT.

Any DE we nab is likely going to play situational pass rusher in year 1 now that we have Omenihu, a run stuffing DT is only a 2 down player, and no rookie WR does well in Reid's offense.

OT seems like the logical choice in the 1st.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:58 AM 03-21-2023
I don’t understand the hype for Mazi Smith. Sure he’s strong and athletic as hell with a reported 4.41 shuttle and 6.96 3 cone, but the guy has 6 career TFL’s and 1 sack….in college.

Bro you lined up next to Aidan Hutchinson and David Ojabo and still didn’t have any real production or wow plays?

Big red flag for me.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:00 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t understand the hype for Mazi Smith. Sure he’s strong and athletic as hell with a reported 4.41 shuttle and 6.96 3 cone, but the guy has 6 career TFL’s and 1 sack….in college.

Bro you lined up next to Aidan Hutchinson and David Ojabo and still didn’t have any real production or wow plays?

Big red flag for me.
But he consistently got pressure on tape. That translates.

I don't think he's a 1st round pick, but if he's somehow available at 63, you run the card in.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:20 AM 03-21-2023
But he consistently got pressure on tape. That translates.

I don't think he's a 1st round pick, but if he's somehow available at 63, you run the card in.
I’m with you. I would not take him at 31. Can’t see the justification. I’m completely fine with him at 63.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 03-21-2023
Mel Kiper has us taking Anudike-Uzomah in his latest mock draft.

New ESPN mock draft this morning from Mel Kiper Jr. has the champs taking the king �� pic.twitter.com/LVrmWjVJOC

— Tyler Dreiling (@TylerDreiling) March 21, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 09:52 AM 03-21-2023
He's certainly a darkhorse and somebody that would make the list if I were to add a few more.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 03-21-2023
Jeremiah has us taking McDonald in his latest mock.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 03-21-2023
He's certainly a darkhorse and somebody that would make the list if I were to add a few more.
I just can't convince myself he'd be the best available option at that spot and that role.

Like, what should make me like him more than Hall? Foskey? Carter? White?

You could convince me to put him ahead of McDonald (mass) and Adebawore or Ojulari (height).

But take those guys out of it and I've still got nine edge rushers ahead of him.

Anderson, Wilson, Murphy, Smith, VanNess, White, Hall, Foskey and Carter.

Obviously at least 4-5 of those guys are gone by the time we pick, but all 9 of 'em won't be. So who among those should I be putting him ahead of and why? And again, that's just hand-waiving McDonald, Ojulari and Adebawore outright and truthfully, I'm not really willing to do so - I'm just playing devil's advocate right now.

I just can't get there with Felix. I don't see it. And Kiper's "Well I wanted to get him in here somewhere..." doesn't tell me he's done a hell of a lot of analysis in his pick here. "Chiefs need an edge and I wanted to make this edge fit so BAM"
[Reply]
Mecca 12:14 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Big red flag for me.
Michigan also had him in this weird fuckin squatty potty lookin stance all the time which I don't get but it certainly showed how strong his arms are and his hand work.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:55 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just can't convince myself he'd be the best available option at that spot and that role.

Like, what should make me like him more than Hall? Foskey? Carter? White?

You could convince me to put him ahead of McDonald (mass) and Adebawore or Ojulari (height).

But take those guys out of it and I've still got nine edge rushers ahead of him.

Anderson, Wilson, Murphy, Smith, VanNess, White, Hall, Foskey and Carter.

Obviously at least 4-5 of those guys are gone by the time we pick, but all 9 of 'em won't be. So who among those should I be putting him ahead of and why? And again, that's just hand-waiving McDonald, Ojulari and Adebawore outright and truthfully, I'm not really willing to do so - I'm just playing devil's advocate right now.

I just can't get there with Felix. I don't see it. And Kiper's "Well I wanted to get him in here somewhere..." doesn't tell me he's done a hell of a lot of analysis in his pick here. "Chiefs need an edge and I wanted to make this edge fit so BAM"
Bend and moves. Hall is as stiff as a board. White isn't much better. Carter needs a year in a weights room. Not saying I'd pick Felix above them all but he has plenty that those guys don't have I think.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up