Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:20 AM 02-16-2023
Can you imagine this monster next to Trey Smith?

[Reply]
kozzman555 11:28 AM 02-16-2023
Yall are forgetting Veach doesn't like drafting older players. I don't see Keion White being high on our board since he's already 24.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:40 AM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Can you imagine this monster next to Trey Smith?

Might fit our offense and what we ask out of our LTs better, but I'm fine with either.

I'll be very interested in the LTs during the combine in a week or 2....
[Reply]
staylor26 11:43 AM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Yall are forgetting Veach doesn't like drafting older players. I don't see Keion White being high on our board since he's already 24.
I get that, and it's a legitimate concern, but he's also the type of EDGE rusher that Veach and Spags love. He's everything Veach wished Speaks would be.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:

Might fit our offense and what we ask out of our LTs better, but I'm fine with either.

I'll be very interested in the LTs during the combine in a week or 2....
Anton was one of the few guys that I almost put on the list but didn't.
[Reply]
kozzman555 11:47 AM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I get that, and it's a legitimate concern, but he's also the type of EDGE rusher that Veach and Spags love. He's everything Veach wished Speaks would be.
You're right but he also has two more years of wear and tear on his body. Veach has consistently drafted younger players and there are others in the draft like Foskey, Hall and Harrison that are close to what Slags likes and may not require a 1st to get them. I'd be shocked if we take him White.

I'm curious, what's the age of the oldest player Veach has drafted so far?
[Reply]
mkp785 11:51 AM 02-16-2023
Anton was one of the few guys that I almost put on the list but didn't.
He's getting low key Trent Williams comps from some draft sites....

I'm almost positive that he's gonna be a star of the combine and outright leaping Paris while maybe even pushing Stokanski for #1 guy after pro days. His profile seems to match what we ask our guys to do. With the pass becoming a bigger and bigger component, he's primed to go high.

He's a more natural fit then OBJ and is going to be WAY cheaper.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:06 PM 02-16-2023
If they bring back OBJ...then the need to draft a LT isn't high. Sure you could grab a RT at the end of the 1st round but you can also move that down to the 2nd round if you need to spend that 1st round pick on a WR or DE.
[Reply]
O.city 12:13 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If they bring back OBJ...then the need to draft a LT isn't high. Sure you could grab a RT at the end of the 1st round but you can also move that down to the 2nd round if you need to spend that 1st round pick on a WR or DE.
Yeah, if OBJ is back I'd wait on a T.

Get the kid from BYU in the 2nd and develop him
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:18 PM 02-16-2023
Anton Harrison is the name that stood out to me at first that should be on the list. I'd probably also add Bryan Breese and Tuli Tuipulotu to the list as well, and others might be in favor of adding Andre Carter. Tuli can play the edge, rumor is Carter didn't look to good at the Sr Bowl so he's been dropping into the 2nd, and Breese falls in like 1/4th of recent mocks.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 02-16-2023
Yea, this list will change based on what happens with certain guys like OBJ, but even if they re-sign him, I think Wright and Jones will remain because they could just be BPA, and they're plug and play at RT.

I do agree that I'd prefer EDGE or WR in that scenario though.
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM 02-16-2023
Yea, this list will change based on what happens with certain guys like OBJ, but even if they re-sign him, I think Wright and Jones will remain because they could just be BPA, and they're plug and play at RT.

I do agree that I'd prefer EDGE or WR in that scenario though.
I think I'd rather have an edge, but.....shit Darnell Wright seems like an absolute slam dunk RT. Like he's really really good.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Anton Harrison is the name that stood out to me at first that should be on the list. I'd probably also add Bryan Breese and Tuli Tuipulotu to the list as well, and others might be in favor of adding Andre Carter. Tuli can play the edge, rumor is Carter didn't look to good at the Sr Bowl so he's been dropping into the 2nd, and Breese falls in like 1/4th of recent mocks.
Bresee isn't on the list because I don't think he will be there.

Tuipulotu is another guy like Harrison that just missed the cut, but only because I don't know if he's a RDE in this system. Love the prospect though.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:32 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think I'd rather have an edge, but.....shit Darnell Wright seems like an absolute slam dunk RT. Like he's really really good.
It's tempting. Could give the Eagles OL a run for their money with him.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Up