ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Helluva deal on a gaming laptop equipped with a 3060 + Ryzen 5 5600h
Mephistopheles Janx 02:20 AM 01-31-2023
https://acerrecertified.com/acer-nit...an515-45-r6xd/

If you sign up for their newsletter you get a 5% discount code or you can find it on sites like retailmenot and the like.

$616.54 with no sales tax and free shipping. I've had it for about a week now and I'm quite pleased with it. There are two m.2 slots available for storage and I picked up a 2TB drive to store all my games on it. I also bumped it up to 32GB of RAM so I should be set for mobile gaming for the foreseeable future.

Be aware... if you intend to upgrade to just 16GB or RAM I would wait for the laptop to arrive. It is *SUPPOSED* to come with a single 8GB stick but my friend got another one and hers had two 4GB sticks.

The downside is that there is only a 90 day warranty and the LED keyboard's zone 3 got stuck with a lilac color so I had to change it to blue from white.

Oh, and its an Acer so while they are very well within the normal industry range of returns and the like... it's an Acer.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:40 AM 01-31-2023
Thought Acer had sort of redeemed their reputation? Or at least they know who to sponsor for it to seem like they have
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:59 AM 01-31-2023
Lol Mr Turtle now thats an avatar. Its hilarious! It makes even your worst posts downright top notch IMO
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Thought Acer had sort of redeemed their reputation? Or at least they know who to sponsor for it to seem like they have
Had more than a few Acer laptops that I've supported over the last 5-6 years. They're quality machines as far as I can tell. Haven't had any significant hardware failures at all.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:46 PM 02-03-2023
I'm fucking pleased as can be with this little rig.

Sold out for now though.
[Reply]
dmahurin 03:20 PM 02-04-2023
I have the same one from 3 gens ago and it is still running great.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:27 PM 02-04-2023
This thing is running Cyberpunk on Ultra (no Ray Tracing) at over 70 FPS.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:04 PM 02-07-2023
Does it have 1 or 2 DIMMS for ram? That would be my only issue.

8GB is so small not girthy enough to satisfy me
[Reply]
notorious 08:15 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

The Ryzen will be bottlenecked to hell if it's only single.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:12 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

Originally Posted by notorious:
The Ryzen will be bottlenecked to hell if it's only single.
Fun story... it is supposed to come with a single stick of 8GB and the one I ordered absolutely did.

BUT

My friend ordered another one and hers came with 2 4GB sticks.

I'm now rolling 32GB.
[Reply]
notorious 05:18 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Fun story... it is supposed to come with a single stick of 8GB and the one I ordered absolutely did.

BUT

My friend ordered another one and hers came with 2 4GB sticks.

I'm now rolling 32GB.
As long as it has that second slot it's GTG.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:24 PM 02-08-2023
Yup... dual channel all the way. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 05:37 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Yup... dual channel all the way. :-)
The billion test bench videos I watched with Ryzen CPU's had a huge jump in performance when going from single to dual slot RAM. (insert Butthead laugh)

Yet the manufactures continues to send SIMMs installed. Oh well, RAM is cheap.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:18 PM 03-11-2023
Thanks for this thread. I picked up one of these laptops. Should be good for what I want to do (mainly recording software)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:08 PM 03-14-2023
Not the laptop however I was thinking of picking up a Ryzen 5600X, new MB, 32GB ram and 1G SSD from MicroCenter. My video card isn't great, RX 580, however I don't play a lot of FPS. Figure it will be a big upgrade from my Athlon X4-945 and HD7850.

Can't believe this thing is from 2008 and still runs. XP, Win 7 (miss it), Win 10. Nogo to Win 11.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up