ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 157
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread****
Pablo 06:23 PM 11-11-2022
Games tipped off this week. Feel free to post any and all college basketball info and thoughts in this thread.

Here’s how the top 25 started out

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:46 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I wondered why the Rafters were upset with Tang. Now I know.

Post game

Q) “Being in the program and ya know first year, and you beat a program like Kentucky and now you’re going to NY to play in the S16..

A) “Well, you know, we have a program that’s rich in tradition too and you know… I mean all them old dudes that played for Kentucky? They ain’t coming back (to play in this game). I mean tradition doesn’t help you if you don’t get out there on the floor and play with some dudes.

It really upset some guy who calls himself (not kidding) “Buddy”.

Buddy’s upset.

Sorry “Buddy”.

That board has given me 15 years of pleasure

(2012-2015 excepted)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:49 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
What a great response.

Shorter version "Look man, I think its great that they used to be great." :-)
“Buddy” is very similar to pete%gz or comochief and the others who just can’t see that sometimes you just lose.

And like Buck Buchanan wasn’t coming outta the grave to shore up the DT spot to help Chris Jones, vintage Jack Givens, Mashburn or Kevin Grieve and Kenny Walker weren’t going to play today for Kentucky.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:51 PM 03-19-2023
Rams, you’re a good cat.
The thing is how I post here talking shit is similar to how I interact IRL.

Best example is this:

In 2021, Kentucky was 6-0 playing in Athens, GA vs UGA. Mind you, Kentucky had never been 6-0 playing a 6-0 team before (in football) and hadn't been 6-0 since the 1950's.

There was a drunk ass hat who kept yelling and cursing at me all game 50 feet away. My response to him was 1980(which I unfortunately can't say again since Georgia has won the last two titles). At the end of the game, after the guy had gestured for me to come over to him, I gestured for him to come to me to shake my hand. I had no intention of fighting him but he thought that was an invitation to fight me. In which he grabbed my shirt before my friends intervened.

This was moments after Kentucky called a TO down 30-7 to to score a TD with 13 seconds left in the game to make it 30-13, thus covering the spread. I celebrated with my friends, to which the ass hat and the rest of the stadium did not appreciate.

As I left the stadium and walked down the ramp, I waved back to the ass hat who at this point was back with his 5 year old child in one hand and flipping me off with the other.

I was completely sober as well.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:53 PM 03-19-2023
Rams, you’re a good cat.
Yes he is
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:05 AM 03-20-2023
Rams, you’re a good cat.
He’s class. Gives us more burst than we deserve.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:41 AM 03-20-2023
I wondered why the Rafters were upset with Tang. Now I know.

Post game

Q) “Being in the program and ya know first year, and you beat a program like Kentucky and now you’re going to NY to play in the S16..

A) “Well, you know, we have a program that’s rich in tradition too and you know… I mean all them old dudes that played for Kentucky? They ain’t coming back (to play in this game). I mean tradition doesn’t help you if you don’t get out there on the floor and play with some dudes.

It really upset some guy who calls himself (not kidding) “Buddy”.

Buddy’s upset.

Sorry “Buddy”.
from Imgflip Meme Generator

[Reply]
Coogs 07:38 AM 03-20-2023
While the use of the “Mahomes” inbounds play vs the press was very impressive, I also think Tang’s BLOB’s are second to none as well. Time after time he schemes someone free for an easy bounce pass through the defense for a wide open layup. That’s difficult to do at this level. And it keeps happening. Little things, but game changing plays.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:44 AM 03-20-2023
Is Tang really a candidate for the Texas job? He is a Texas native, more-or-less...

So if you are a KSU fan, are you cheering for Texas to make a deep run to the finals in hopes that they hire their interim?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:04 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Is Tang really a candidate for the Texas job? He is a Texas native, more-or-less...

So if you are a KSU fan, are you cheering for Texas to make a deep run to the finals in hopes that they hire their interim?
Texas would be stupid to not make Terry the full-time coach. He’s earned the opportunity to have the job.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:12 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Also, man, where is RustShack at?

Misery needs company.
Hasn't been seen in a college basketball thread since the failure on Friday. He'll be along shortly to tell us how next year is the year.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:19 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Texas would be stupid to not make Terry the full-time coach. He’s earned the opportunity to have the job.
Well Texas is stupid so don’t expect anything logical out of them
[Reply]
Pablo 08:21 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Hasn't been seen in a college basketball thread since the failure on Friday. He'll be along shortly to tell us how next year is the year.
He’s absolutely broken.

Bought into a 18 win team and they put up 40 points in one of the most embarrassing first round exits in school history. Typical Iowa state year
[Reply]
Coach 03:50 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

I am not surprised that the media is pushing that narrative.

That being said, I would be surprised if Tang does leave to go to Texas. He doesn't strike me as that type of a guy to go chase greener pastures.

And if Texas was smart enough, they should look into their interim, considering how their season played out. They shouldn't make it complicated than it needs to be, but then again, it is Texas we're talking about.....
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:35 PM 03-21-2023

Been told that Kentucky's John Calipari called Kansas State's Markquis Nowell and apologized for calling him "Little Guy" after Nowell went for 27 points and 8 assists and led K-State to a win over Kentucky.

— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) March 21, 2023

He should call Ramnorix and all the other UK fans next to apologize for his coaching the last decade next.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:04 PM 03-21-2023

Sources: Providence has zeroed in on George Mason's Kim English to be its next head basketball coach.

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
Page 92 of 157
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Up