< 12 3 >
Media Center>Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Bowser 02:55 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
Otter 01:19 PM 07-28-2022
In
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:09 PM 07-28-2022
Stranger Things and the Duffer Brothers initiated D&D interest.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:23 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
yeah that's basically right.

I saw someone on twitter suggest they should like lean into the fact that's it a game and wink at the audience. like have an actor play one character, then die and then the next scene have the same actor play a different character. or have a character go missing for a scene because he's off "doing an adventure somewhere else" and then show up in the next scene.

Sure.

Or, assuming they could get the financial backing, they could come forward with a multi-film set up already in hand. As you've likely seen here, the target audience might well accept a choppier first installment knowing that threads could be tied together in the second/third/whatever movie. But that would run the risk of huge losses if the movies didn't succeed.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:20 AM 07-29-2022
I know nothing about D & D other than from that fucking hilarious episode of South Park :-) and most recently from Stranger Things but damn this actually looks like it could be a lot of fun.

The director(s) are the guys that directed Game Night which I really enjoyed. And apparently these guys are huge D&D players themselves. And I keep forgetting one of the directors (John Francis Daley) was the nerdy kid on Freaks & Geeks

Originally Posted by :
The movie’s directors, Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley — the duo behind sleeper hit Game Night — talked about their personal history with the game. “I have been an avid player since I was 14 years old when I acted on the show Freaks & Geeks,” said Daley, to generous applause. “Anyone who plays D&D knows it’s not just a game. It is the feeling you get when you play the game.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ne-1235184234/

I'm also thankful that they aren't going down the "super duper serious" route that the director of that laughably cringe Warcraft movie did (which was critically panned & a huge box office flop)

Last but not least, I dig the cast. Chris Pine is probably one of my favorite actors from his generation. He can mix it up really well with his charm, charisma & comedic timing.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:35 AM 08-01-2022
Hell. Yes.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 08:08 AM 08-11-2022
black dragon, bronze dragon, displacer beast, gelatinous cube, mimic, owl bear, and red dragon make up a pretty good roster of monsters for a movie trailer. they're all pretty representative of D&D.

I'd like to see kobolds, beholder, ogre magi, fire giant, and driders.
[Reply]
loochy 08:20 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
black dragon, bronze dragon, displacer beast, gelatinous cube, mimic, owl bear, and red dragon make up a pretty good roster of monsters for a movie trailer. they're all pretty representative of D&D.

give me a freaking lich, some tanar'ri, and some mind-flayers
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:53 AM 08-11-2022
Looks stupid but fun.

Will watch.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:08 PM 08-11-2022
Here, have some nostalgia

[Reply]
Fishpicker 08:00 PM 08-11-2022
I loved that show when I was a kid. there are full episodes on youtube. there is even a fan made final episode....

[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:34 PM 03-14-2023

the 80s D&D kids have cameos
[Reply]
Bowser 07:56 PM 03-14-2023
Haha, nice. That's one hell of a throwback easter egg....
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 03-15-2023

You mentioned practically every dragon subspecies EXCEPT the one in your avi. :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:37 AM 03-15-2023

the 80s D&D kids have cameos
I'm officially in! Loved that cartoon.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:55 AM 03-15-2023

Oh, shit. That's what that was. It caught my eye and it was bothering me because I couldn't place it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up