ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 71
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:53 AM 03-27-2022
Almost anything would be better than Cuonzo.

Almost anything.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:08 AM 03-27-2022
Yes it’s nice to have something to hope for in hoops again.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:46 AM 03-27-2022
Anderson was so bad he finished 12 games under .500 at Pitt State. His best season was his first, and his record got worse every year from year three on.

He wasn't just a bad P5 coach; he was a bad D-II coach.

Outside of Dave Bliss, there hasn't been a worse basketball hire in at least 25 years.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:08 PM 03-28-2022
First I'm seeing of these recruits. Even a remote chance of turning things around would be a major upgrade. Last 2 games I watched this season were the KU game and the last LSU game. So obviously it didn't feel like I missed much. Before last season I watched almost every single Mizzou game. Being that disconnected from the Tigers made me totally disconnected from college hoops this year. I didn't know Coach K was retiring until I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago, and I didn't bet hoops while I was there because I had no knowledge of any of the teams.

Really hope Gates is the guy who gets it turned around.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:40 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Anderson was so bad he finished 12 games under .500 at Pitt State. His best season was his first, and his record got worse every year from year three on.

He wasn't just a bad P5 coach; he was a bad D-II coach.

Outside of Dave Bliss, there hasn't been a worse basketball hire in at least 25 years.
Fred Hoiberg at Nebraska

7-25
7-22
10-22
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Fred Hoiberg at Nebraska

7-25
7-22
10-22
Fred Hoiberg took 4 straight Iowa St teams to the tournament.

The problem for Hoiberg at Nebraska was Nebraska.

Kim Anderson, OTOH, never had any success in DI and the only time he succeeded at the lower levels was when he had those super-teams full of DI guys who were stopping through.

Hamas is right - you really would have to cover up the murder of one of your players by ANOTHER of your players to be worse than Kim Anderson.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:07 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fred Hoiberg took 4 straight Iowa St teams to the tournament.

The problem for Hoiberg at Nebraska was Nebraska.

Kim Anderson, OTOH, never had any success in DI and the only time he succeeded at the lower levels was when he had those super-teams full of DI guys who were stopping through.

Hamas is right - you really would have to cover up the murder of one of your players by ANOTHER of your players to be worse than Kim Anderson.
Turned over the roster his first year. Had a player drafted last year, a 5* this year thats going round 1 with several transfers that were 4*. He's doing Kim Anderson numbers with far more talent than Anderson had.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:25 PM 03-28-2022
Looks like Pinson may be on his way back…
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:42 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
What a weird situation. I don’t know how more wins he would have added this year, but who knows if cuonzo won even just one or two more, he might have came back. I feel bad about being glad someone is gone, but not that bad given he walked away with $6M.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'd go ahead and give Gates the rope to hang himself if he can bring back my boy X.

Still can't believe our mouth-breathing mongoloid of a coach benched that kid during a damn NCAA tournament game. Unreal.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:35 AM 03-29-2022
Sign me up for X and the East kid. X is a limited player but a decent one and is a big upgrade and as good as what’s out there in terms of PG’s. As for East IDK, he did well at JUCO this yr but was not very good for Bradley or UMASS before that but we need more than one PG and currently have none.

Hard pass on the ILL PG who entered yesterday his shooting #’s are awful.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:18 AM 03-29-2022
NOT ENOUGH GRIT
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:20 AM 04-05-2022
Scheduling update:

The defending NCAA champions will be visiting Columbia next year.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:25 AM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Scheduling update:

The defending NCAA champions will be visiting Columbia next year.
Will they be on probation yet? I'm guessing they lose 1 scholarship and have 2 cars restricted from the parade
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:50 AM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Will they be on probation yet? I'm guessing they lose 1 scholarship and have 2 cars restricted from the parade
Was listening to 610 and it seems that the word around Lawrence is that KU was going to get a 1 year post season ban, but Bill told the NCAA that he'd take a 2 year ban where he couldn't coach in the tournament.

No clue if the NCAA would accept it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 71
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up