ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 71
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
blake5676 01:11 AM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
WTF?
Yeah, I have the response. I was a sophomore at Mizzou when that happened. Don’t remember much of it while I was there as I was pretty much drunk and chasing tail 24/7 but I’ve followed the story rather closely over the years.

And I know that shows like Dateline and other documentary type specials can present a one sided story that serves their narrative, but I’ve never read or seen anything that led me to think he actually killed him.

What am I missing?
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:09 PM 11-14-2022
Here's a cool stat. So far this season Dennis Gates' Missouri Tigers have had 20 or more assists in all 3 games. Cuonzo's Tiger teams had no 20 assist games in 5 years.
[Reply]
kepp 03:45 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Here's a cool stat. So far this season Dennis Gates' Missouri Tigers have had 20 or more assists in all 3 games. Cuonzo's Tiger teams had no 20 assist games in 5 years.
Wow. That is eye-opening. Looks like we're on the right track.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:13 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:
Yeah, I have the response. I was a sophomore at Mizzou when that happened. Don’t remember much of it while I was there as I was pretty much drunk and chasing tail 24/7 but I’ve followed the story rather closely over the years.

And I know that shows like Dateline and other documentary type specials can present a one sided story that serves their narrative, but I’ve never read or seen anything that led me to think he actually killed him.

What am I missing?
I don't disagree that the prosecutor did some shady shit in how he pursued the case.

But the evidence that DOES exist is plenty damning and would've been sufficient for a conviction 9 times out of 10. And frankly, the people that 'recanted' did so under circumstances just as shady, if not moreso, than anything Crane ever did. Both Erickson and Trump shifted their stories more in their recantation of their original testimony than they did in providing the testimony the first time.

Hell, even in recanting, Erickson went from saying he did it but Ferguson was a bystander to saying he didn't do it to saying he doesn't remember anything so he's pretty sure he didn't do it. Meanwhile after he'd been imprisoned he provided details to associates that weren't publicly available (witnesses he spoke to, key locations and details of the murder) and even admitted to striking Heitholt. In interviews after the fact he spoke of his own mental impressions upon striking Heitholt and the sounds Heithold made when he was hit. Oh, and he wrote apology letters from prison to Heitholt's family after he was convicted whereby he admitted to robbing and murdering Heithold and apologized for same.

Funny how he suddenly had 'amnesia' when he was remembering this stuff in vivid, graphic detail. Accurately and in ways that were not available to the public. Erickson is 100% making shit up at this point.

But as you've noted, Dateline, etc... doesn't cover it that way.

Do I think the conviction was properly overturned? Yeah - we have rules and Crane didn't work within them. Do I think Ferguson is 'innocent'? Not even a little bit. I was in law school at Mizzou at the time and followed the case closely. The people who are 'recanting' now were 100% more credible and believable in their initial testimony than they were when they changed their stories a decade later. It's not even close.

I simply don't buy it. I think Erickson and Ferguson were absolutely responsible for Heitholt's death. The rehab tour that the networks are willing to provide Ferguson absent any sort of critical analysis annoys the piss out of me.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 08:34 PM 11-15-2022
Looking great tonight. Hodge is on a HEATER
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:54 PM 11-17-2022
And another 20 or more assists game.

I know we've played a bunch of cupcakes and it's only been 4 games, but we are 15th in the nation in ppg, 2nd in assists, 3rd in steals, 22nd in O-Rebounds, 38th in total rebounds.

We need to tighten up defensively, but I love this offense over the bullshit offense Clownzo and Kimmy Boy ran. We have 5 guys over 10 ppg and once Mosley is finally playing, then he will add even more offensive firepower.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:25 PM 11-23-2022
5 straight games now with 20 or more assists. Really like what Gates is doing with this team. Its nice to see us just rack up points. Makes for exciting basketball.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:29 PM 11-23-2022
If they had a legit 6-9 guy with some experience, this team could really make some noise.

As it is, they’re fun to watch and I see Gates getting the most out of the talent he has so far. Impressive.

Really hammers home the incompetence of CuonzNO. He’d probably have a few losses with the same squad and schedule.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:44 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they had a legit 6-9 guy with some experience, this team could really make some noise.

As it is, they’re fun to watch and I see Gates getting the most out of the talent he has so far. Impressive.

Really hammers home the incompetence of CuonzNO. He’d probably have a few losses with the same squad and schedule.
He's be 3-2 or 2-3 and be scoring 65 ppg.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:48 PM 11-23-2022
In all game but one they've had equal or more steals than turnovers.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:51 PM 11-23-2022
Mosley is a fucking stud too. That dude's gonna win us some tough games with his shooting.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:54 PM 11-23-2022
Mosley is a fucking stud too. That dude's gonna win us some tough games with his shooting.

I’m looking forward to seeing him and Kobe Brown running pick and roll action. Especially if Aidan Shaw is the weak side baseline guy in that action.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:57 PM 11-23-2022
5 straight games now with 20 or more assists. Really like what Gates is doing with this team. Its nice to see us just rack up points. Makes for exciting basketball.
KU homer here.

I'm actually really pumped to see how our styles matchup in Columbia in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:23 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
KU homer here.

I'm actually really pumped to see how our styles matchup in Columbia in a couple of weeks.
I really hope we can be competitive. Fucking CuonzNO and Kimmy Anderson ruined this team for too many years.

We're 6/6 at 20+ assist games. This is what previous years looked like with 20+ assist games.

2021 - 0
2020 - 0
2019 - 0
2018 - 1
2017 - 2
2016 - 1
2015 - 3
2014 - 3
2013 - 0
2012 - 3
2011 - 1
2010 - 6

Gotta go back 7 years to equal what Gates had done in his 1st 6 games.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:23 AM 11-26-2022
Going to watch my first Mizzou basketball game this season this morning. Hope I don’t jinx them.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 71
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up