ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Eddie Van Halen Repository Thread *****
TLO 10:29 AM 05-26-2021
Have some Eddie Van Halen news? Don't feel like positing in the dudes death thread for the 500th time? Well this thread is for you!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
agreed.

Different kind of music/vocals, and obviously a different approach to performing live.
Different legacy.

Not to take anything away from EVH, who inspired countless millions to pick up a guitar and play it with both hands but the band itself wasn't particularly revolutionary, Eddie was.

Black Sabbath, on the other hand, was one of 4 or 5 bands that defined heavy music itself. There probably wouldn't be a Van Halen without Black Sabbath.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
That certainly isn't the way I recall it. Scorpions were great, but Metallica was horrible that day. When they were up, all I could hear was the bass reverbing off the concrete.
So the opposite of how they recorded AJFA. :-)
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:40 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So the opposite of how they recorded AJFA. :-)
:-)
It was horrible. On that particular day...even Kingdom Clone was better than Metallica. And they certainly weren't better than VH.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:47 PM 09-30-2022
:-)
It was horrible. On that particular day...even Kingdom Clone was better than Metallica. And they certainly weren't better than VH.
Speaking of putting on a show, I think John 5 is one of the best I've ever seen live.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:00 PM 09-30-2022
Speaking of putting on a show, I think John 5 is one of the best I've ever seen live.
Seconded. How he just effortlessly jumped from genre to genre was insane.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:07 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Seconded. How he just effortlessly jumped from genre to genre was insane.
All in favor. Although it's been a while (just before the pandemic if I recall correctly).
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:10 PM 09-30-2022
All in favor. Although it's been a while (just before the pandemic if I recall correctly).
Why don't you change your avatar from the Joker holding a guitar to fuckin' John Fuckin' 5 then?

😉
[Reply]
Bowser 03:11 PM 09-30-2022
I've posted this somewhere else on here before, but this video is great. This guitar teacher just loses it watching Edward play a song he's never heard before

[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:17 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've posted this somewhere else on here before, but this video is great. This guitar teacher just loses it watching Edward play a song he's never heard before

Nice. I'm a big Rick Beato fan too.

I actually felt compelled to make my first youtubes last week, kind of related, it's on the openG7sus4 tuning Jimmy Page popularized, I actually can't believe the mileage it has received :

[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:39 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Why don't you change your avatar from the Joker holding a guitar to fuckin' John Fuckin' 5 then?

😉
Ha...used to have a Hendrix avatar but then too many folks started using Jimi graphics so I had to make a change.
[Reply]
TLO 03:47 PM 09-30-2022
I made this thread as a joke. It's pretty funny that it's still being used.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:49 PM 09-30-2022
Hmmm...is that a wiseass comment about my signature, sir?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:51 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
THE JOKE IS ON YOU FUNNY MAN
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:51 PM 09-30-2022
I seriously love the fuck outta me some Van Halen.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:03 PM 09-30-2022
I try to keep it going.

Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Hmmm...is that a wiseass comment about my signature, sir?
Funny, eh?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up