ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 56
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Icon 07:01 PM 12-05-2022
If Disney erases Indiana Jones through time travel and replaces him with a female version then I'll cancel my D+ subscription. Oh wait, I already did.

Kathleen Kennedy's has torched everything she's touched.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:13 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Icon:
If Disney erases Indiana Jones through time travel and replaces him with a female version then I'll cancel my D+ subscription. Oh wait, I already did.

Kathleen Kennedy's has torched everything she's touched.
That **** has the opposite of The Midas Touch... everything she touches turns to shit. The first thing she works on that doesn't suck will be a vacuum.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:43 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hahaha

What a crappy poster.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:05 PM 12-07-2022
it's fan made :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:22 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it's fan made :-)
I know.

Hence my statement.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 PM 12-19-2022
https://ew.com/movies/indiana-jones-...SwL8vimPsU83WY

Originally Posted by :
LaBeouf and his character will not be in Dial of Destiny, and Mangold promises audiences will "find out what happened" to him, but of course, won't say more.

What he can say is that the film opens in 1944 with a "blast of classic Indy action, me doing my very best version of Steven [Spielberg], and Harrison doing his best version of being under 40." A glimpse of the opening sequence, which features a digitally de-aged version of the 80-year-old actor, appears in the first teaser trailer that was released earlier this month.

From there, the film "tumbles" (per Mangold) right into 1969, where the bulk of the story takes place. When looking at the first three films — all of them set in the 1930s — the director says he was struck by the "wonderful synergy between this kind of pulpy cinematic style of the films, and the period itself and the cinematic language of that day."

The challenge, then, was to bring characters from that older world into a more modern period.

"I mean, 1969 is the beginning of now, really, in terms of technology and the space race," says Mangold. "So, you have Cold Wars, nuclear power, intrigue, the lack of clear good guys and bad guys. In the same way, you have to be really considerate about how you try and transpose a fairly simplistic kind of black-hat, white-hat sensibility into a period that is more complicated. We try to exploit that by jumping forward into 1969 to a hero who is used to a black and white world, [but finds himself] in a world that has gone gray."

It's here that we're introduced to Helena, Indy's goddaughter, played by franchise newcomer and Fleabag phenom Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Mangold describes the character as a "catalyst" for the film. "She's a daughter of a friend of Indy's, who we will also meet in the movie," he says. "Helena's gotten herself in a bit of trouble, and brings [that] to Indy's doorstep. She's a character who's a wonderful set of contradictions — charming and brilliant, but also a lot of trouble."

The helmer says it's his hope that Helena's arrival will convert Dial of Destiny into a classic Indy adventure, one sheathed in the thematic elements of the '60s. John Rhys-Davies returns as Sallah, last seen in the third film, The Last Crusade. The film also stars Antonio Banderas, Shaunette Renee Wilson, Thomas Kretschmann, Toby Jones, Boyd Holbrook, and Mads Mikkelsen. Mikkelsen and Holbrook play the villainous Voller and his lackey, Klaber, respectively.

It's not lost on Mangold how special the character of Indiana Jones is to fans, including himself. He refers to the character as "a phenomenally unique hero" and a "brilliant nerd who is also a badass."

"He's a guy who's never happier wearing glasses and reading a book, but somehow finds himself in these kinds of incredible situations. He uses unorthodox weapons to defend himself. He usually figures his way out of trouble with his brain, which is a very different set of circumstances than most of the heroes of our contemporary culture, who are just empowered."

You know, like Marvel's Wolverine, whose swan song Logan Mangold also directed? With Ford saying Dial of Destiny will be his last turn as the fedora-loving and whip-cracking adventurer, Mangold says it's fair to draw some comparisons between the two projects — to a point.

"I'm always interested in this idea of a hero at sunset," the director says. "What does the hero do when the world no longer has a place for him? I find it really interesting to try to look at classical heroes through the prism of our jaundiced contemporary attitudes."

However, whereas Logan was a "very purposefully and intentionally grim adventure, very dramatic, and very serious," Mangold says Dial of Destiny will be very different.

"I am under no illusions that my job making an Indiana Jones film was to suddenly beat the humor out of it and turn it into some kind of dirge," he says. "I think that what we're trying to do is balance both an accurate and realistic appraisal of where this character would be at this time in his life, and do that honestly, and at the same time, try and carry forward what the very title of our movie promises, which is a romp and a wonderful adventure with action and chivalry and escapes by the skin of your nose and ingenious solutions to diabolical problems. This is an Indiana Jones film."

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:08 PM 03-12-2023
Short Round won the Oscar for best supporting actor

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by IGN (@igndotcom)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 PM 03-13-2023

[Reply]
BigRichard 04:23 AM 03-14-2023

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:05 AM 03-14-2023
WTF? What, are they giving these out retroactively?
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:41 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
WTF? What, are they giving these out retroactively?
He was an actor in the movie "Everything, Everwhere, All At Once". That movie cleaned up at the Oscars... Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Supporting Male, Best Supporting Female... I think. I might have one of those off.

It is a really good movie... not the artsy shit that wins sometimes. Check it out if you haven't.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:57 PM 03-14-2023
They should have stopped after Raiders. Temple is decent. Crusade is watchable. Crystal Skull was horrible.

No way this one doesn't continue the trend.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 PM 03-14-2023
this was a fun tidbit i found today

Fact: Kate Capshaw reportedly threatened Steven, stating "If anything happens to my little baby on set today, you'll be sleeping on the couch." Harrison smoothed over the tense situation by saying, "Don't worry, I'll get her out of the frame myself." Sasha Spielberg. pic.twitter.com/6qFQ38O3DJ

— The Indiana Jones Picture Gallery Project (@Barnett_College) March 14, 2023

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:33 PM 03-28-2023
This is rumor, but I think it's worth posting here, because multiple people are citing different sources. I'll post the two videos as links so that they don't take up too much space here, and then I'll end it with a link to a written take on things. The first video leads up to it, and covers IJ5, and the second video goes from there. If you don't care about the rumor, just move on:

Originally Posted by :
Rumors Swirl: Kathleen Kennedy Was Summoned Into Bob Iger's Office and Read the Riot Act

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onVMBFSJSRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-sy1fQ-poM

https://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=403765
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 03-28-2023
They're just now getting around to chastising her?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 56
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up