ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen to How Awesome Life Has Been for My Baby Bro Since the Chiefs Won the SB!
rico 01:33 AM 03-11-2020
Ok, so I am having a great year. I started a new wrestling website a couple months ago called The Pin Doctors and it is a full-fledged hit. The Chiefs made me cry from happiness over..and over...and over... Never thought I'd see them win one...honestly. I seriously had no hope of that ever happening.

My brother, Brennan Swafford is a die hard Chiefs fan as well.

#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/0g9KooHX9d

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) February 3, 2020

Then this happened:

That earned him his 2nd OW of the Heart of America Conference award. And he's just a true Sophomore. So he qualified for Nationals as expected. As a Freshman, he placed 7th at nationals.

First match at nationals, he beat a Greco world team member, 20-2... here is his interview after that:

He then won his next 3 matches to make the finals, which were televised on ESPN3 Saturday night and wrestled like the little athletic genius he is:

And then he gave me this awesome interview right after:

My brother is a national champ. My brother, who was snubbed so badly in the recruiting process, proved everyone wrong!!! Brennan was obviously a great wrestler in HS, but was also first team all-state football and placed like 5-6 times in sprinting events in track. He originally signed on to playy football at Graceland, but missed wrestling and wanted to save his body so he can try out for the NFL after he graduates. And I'm dead serious when I say this... it's feasible for him. He is a FREAK athlete. I'm dead serious when I say that he should be looked at. He won the All-Hawkeye Athlete of the year as a Senior in HS which is given to the region's best all-around athlete and for whatever reason, he couldn't get a call or an email back. Not from one D1 school...out of 12. HE SHOWED THEM!!! AND WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD!!!

He was also first in the state for art with a sketch he drew of Bruce Lee in HS. An art nerd and current graphic design major.

I have some people to thank on here who have followed his career over the years on here.

Glorydayz, Lonewolf, Burt, Sorter, Hamas as kept up here and there, Rudy Lost the Toss, Brianfo.... the two main ones though:

Iowanian. He has followed him for years and has offered great praise and insight.

And...

Clay Wendler. He made this awesome highlight reel of him last year despite his fanbase giving him shit for posting non-Chiefs material:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENJOYING THIS RIDE WITH ME, GUYS!!! AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE!!!

So, I just want to start by saying that I’m extremely grateful for all of the great things Graceland has done for me. The support from my coaches and professors has been awesome. With that being said I would like to announce that I will be continuing my journey at Iowa. Go Hawks! pic.twitter.com/pyCckVW1dZ

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) April 28, 2021

[Reply]
rico 02:15 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Rico, how has wrestling been this year at Iowa? I see his old college (Graceland) not representing at NAIA nationals.

Are you attending B1G tournament this weekend?
Hey just now seeing this! It was a weird year at Iowa in his first year. Hard to explain… the wrestling die hards probably know what I’m alluding to…

He just started raising his game to a higher level around April or May. He and Patrick Kennedy have been pushing the hell out of each other since the regular season ended.
[Reply]
Otter 03:02 PM 06-21-2022
Awesome! :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:47 AM 03-20-2023
Rico, I know you're big into the college wrestling scene. What'd you think of Spencer Lee losing to Matt Ramos?
[Reply]
EPodolak 02:27 PM 03-20-2023
I was at the tournament Saturday night and got a good candid photo of Pat Glory and Spencer Lee after they got off the podium, Glory hugged him and shook his hand and paid his respects, Lee was obviously having a hard time with the situation. Personally it was a disappointment seeing him miss his date with destiny as a 4X champion, he made a mistake in the match with Ramos and it cost him dearly.

If his knees hold up he's got a great chance to go far internationally. He's been class and a great ambassador for the sport. Meanwhile I'm curious if Ramos stays at Purdue or if he gets poached by one of the power schools. Most of the best in the lighter weights are graduating this year.
[Reply]
the steam 02:52 PM 03-20-2023
Wrestling for Iowa is every high school wrestlers dream. Can't imagine the dedication and hard work that took. So great
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up