ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen to How Awesome Life Has Been for My Baby Bro Since the Chiefs Won the SB!
rico 01:33 AM 03-11-2020
Ok, so I am having a great year. I started a new wrestling website a couple months ago called The Pin Doctors and it is a full-fledged hit. The Chiefs made me cry from happiness over..and over...and over... Never thought I'd see them win one...honestly. I seriously had no hope of that ever happening.

My brother, Brennan Swafford is a die hard Chiefs fan as well.

#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/0g9KooHX9d

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) February 3, 2020

Then this happened:

That earned him his 2nd OW of the Heart of America Conference award. And he's just a true Sophomore. So he qualified for Nationals as expected. As a Freshman, he placed 7th at nationals.

First match at nationals, he beat a Greco world team member, 20-2... here is his interview after that:

He then won his next 3 matches to make the finals, which were televised on ESPN3 Saturday night and wrestled like the little athletic genius he is:

And then he gave me this awesome interview right after:

My brother is a national champ. My brother, who was snubbed so badly in the recruiting process, proved everyone wrong!!! Brennan was obviously a great wrestler in HS, but was also first team all-state football and placed like 5-6 times in sprinting events in track. He originally signed on to playy football at Graceland, but missed wrestling and wanted to save his body so he can try out for the NFL after he graduates. And I'm dead serious when I say this... it's feasible for him. He is a FREAK athlete. I'm dead serious when I say that he should be looked at. He won the All-Hawkeye Athlete of the year as a Senior in HS which is given to the region's best all-around athlete and for whatever reason, he couldn't get a call or an email back. Not from one D1 school...out of 12. HE SHOWED THEM!!! AND WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD!!!

He was also first in the state for art with a sketch he drew of Bruce Lee in HS. An art nerd and current graphic design major.

I have some people to thank on here who have followed his career over the years on here.

Glorydayz, Lonewolf, Burt, Sorter, Hamas as kept up here and there, Rudy Lost the Toss, Brianfo.... the two main ones though:

Iowanian. He has followed him for years and has offered great praise and insight.

And...

Clay Wendler. He made this awesome highlight reel of him last year despite his fanbase giving him shit for posting non-Chiefs material:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENJOYING THIS RIDE WITH ME, GUYS!!! AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE!!!

So, I just want to start by saying that I’m extremely grateful for all of the great things Graceland has done for me. The support from my coaches and professors has been awesome. With that being said I would like to announce that I will be continuing my journey at Iowa. Go Hawks! pic.twitter.com/pyCckVW1dZ

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) April 28, 2021

[Reply]
scho63 07:06 AM 03-09-2021
I have a brother 4 years younger and would be just as jacked as you if he was having this great of success.

Wonderful to see him kicking ass and taking names!

Gloat all you want. :-)
[Reply]
Otter 08:20 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by rico:
For those of you who follow my brother Brennan, thought I’d leave an update...

Brennan, after reading some of the insight from CP’ers in this thread, bulked up a bit and bumped up a weight to 174.... How did the weight change treat him? WELL... He finished his season Saturday night. He finished the year with a record of 18-0, 9 pins, 5 MD’s and 4 decisions and won his 2nd straight NAIA Championship.

That's awesome!

:-)
[Reply]
Otter 08:28 AM 03-09-2021
Just curious, did he dip his toe in the BJJ pool to complement his assets?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:36 AM 03-09-2021
That's awesome! Graceland College- college home of Bruce Jenner and the Bruce Jenner Athletic Complex, haven't changed the name yet...:-)
[Reply]
rico 09:36 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
I was waiting for you to you to post this. I was following his matches while I was at The Big XII tournament this weekend. Congrats on a great season
Thanks for following him! That means a lot, for real!
[Reply]
rico 09:37 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Just curious, did he dip his toe in the BJJ pool to complement his assets?
The 2021 reel is uploading now... Wait til you see how fast he looks at 174!
[Reply]
Renegade 09:51 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by rico:
Thanks for following him! That means a lot, for real!
I don't know if I was more happy to see him win or Grand View lose the team title to Life. Grand View didn't have one champion in any weight class
[Reply]
rico 09:58 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
I don't know if I was more happy to see him win or Grand View lose the team title to Life. Grand View didn't have one champion in any weight class
Man I gotta say....I get this, I really do... I used to feel that way....however, In the 5 years that I’ve been around the GV guys, I’ve never encountered a nicer, more cordial and classy fanbase than them. And their wrestlers are some of the coolest people I’ve ever met.... and they get booed EVERYWHERE... I get it, people are tired of them, but man that couldn’t happen to a nicer community. I used to hate them...then I got to know them...for real, they are wonderful people.

Life University on the other hand... the kid Brennan beat in the finals was from Life.... In 30 years of wrestling, we’ve never been treated with more blatant disrespect than how we were treated by those guys. The worst fan base i’ve ever encountered and that’s saying a lot.
[Reply]
rico 10:28 AM 03-09-2021
Here is his 2020-2021 Reel!

[Reply]
EPodolak 12:02 AM 03-10-2021
Great achievement, again. Congratulations to your bro Rico.

Love this time of year, conference tournaments and the championships are a ton of fun.
[Reply]
rico 02:11 AM 07-18-2021
I don’t think I’ve mentioned it here other than just a little bit ago, but a couple months ago my brother became an Iowa Hawkeye wrestler! He will be there for his last 2 competitive seasons and will use a redshirt this year! He just finished up his first Hawkeye team camp last week!

So, I just want to start by saying that I’m extremely grateful for all of the great things Graceland has done for me. The support from my coaches and professors has been awesome. With that being said I would like to announce that I will be continuing my journey at Iowa. Go Hawks! pic.twitter.com/pyCckVW1dZ

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) April 28, 2021

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:42 AM 07-18-2021
Iowa? Rico!!!!
[Reply]
rico 05:12 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Iowa? Rico!!!!
Yessir… returning National championship program… my bros a stud.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:35 AM 07-18-2021
Congrats, glad life is working out for someone, I guess.
[Reply]
rico 05:37 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Congrats, glad life is working out for someone, I guess.
Yeah I hear that! Vicarious living for me! My life ain’t too great, but this has been cool!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up