ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 70
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:53 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This! I cant believe you haven't seen this. It's old school Trek. One episode at a time. Old school look but updated. The crew eocks and the captain is one of the best ever.
Probably this is a lack of coffee issue, but what is an 'eock'?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:51 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably this is a lack of coffee issue, but what is an 'eock'?
Typo there for rocks. Which they sort of do, especially Spock and Nurse Chapel.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:01 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Typo there for rocks. Which they sort of do, especially Spock and Nurse Chapel.
Shit. This whole cutting caffeine out is going to get me killed. I should've been able to figure that out.

Yeah, I like the crew, and I like the chemistry between all of them. Spock's character development has been a lot of fun so far. Pike often comes off as a strong echo of Shatner's Kirk a lot, but I can't say it bothers me at all.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:53 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Since they fired Kurtzman, we are not getting anymore Trek until at least 2026? You guys here that?

But, maybe Picard3 is better since Kurtzman got fired?
Kurtzman hasn't been fired, at least as far as I know. I think he been less directly involved (he has another non-Trek show on Showtime) but his company is still in charge of Star Trek. Unfortunately.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:14 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
There is one other thing, that was established to be in the fleet museum in an on-screen graphic in season 2...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 03:22 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:28 PM 03-19-2023
OK, rewatched some stuff.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 PM 03-19-2023
:-)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:24 PM 03-20-2023
but you don't have to take my word for it

�� NEW PICARD PROMO

Things are heating up #StarTrekPicard in a new episode promo for ‘The Bounty’! #StarTrekpic.twitter.com/WRUg1NDo0r

— Trek Central (@TheTrekCentral) March 20, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 09:45 AM 03-21-2023
When the Shrike comes about, the shot of its deflector array definitely makes it look like the drive section of a Galaxy class, I'll agree. The Scimitar-like appendages on that thing camouflage's it pretty well.

So if they pull the Ent-D saucer out of mothballs to dock with that thing, does that mean Janeway is going to show up on Voyager to save the day?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 AM 03-21-2023
When the Shrike comes about, the shot of its deflector array definitely makes it look like the drive section of a Galaxy class, I'll agree. The Scimitar-like appendages on that thing camouflage's it pretty well.

So if they pull the Ent-D saucer out of mothballs to dock with that thing, does that mean Janeway is going to show up on Voyager to save the day?
It was already confirmed Janeway isn't on the show. But the writer seemed to hint at someone else from Voyager.

I could be wrong about the Shrike, but man it just seems like there's a very natural spot for a saucer section to sliiiiide right in.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:54 AM 03-21-2023
It'll be Harry Kim. And he's still an ensign. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 AM 03-21-2023
It'll be Harry Kim. And he's still an ensign. :-)
Man, it's a shame Spock had to go and jump through a black hole and depart the prime timeline.

Because if you're gonna haul Voyager out to help the heroes, why not go full Avengers Portals Scene and have someone with the 1701-A Command Codes haul that sweet baby outta the museum to help, too. :-)

Oh WAIT. WAIT JUST A DAMN SECOND.

Scotty was trapped in a transporter buffer for 75 years and emerged in 2369. That would make him about...105-110 years old around the time of Picard S3. A man can dream can't he? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 AM 03-21-2023
Defiant would be do-able. Worf knows her inside and out. :-)

EDIT: Oh shit, it got blown up. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:32 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Defiant would be do-able. Worf knows her inside and out. :-)

EDIT: Oh shit, it got blown up. :-)
I remember they were planning to destroy it in the First Contact movie, but the DS9 producers raised holy hell over it. So they got their ship back.......only to destroy it a short time later. Lol, ok.

But yes, Worf digging up a Defiant class to come in swinging and save the day would be squee-worthy. I like these fan service fantasy ideas, haha.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 70
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up