ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:44 PM 11-04-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
You won't regret it! I wish I had done this years ago I would have saved a fortune. Cut that cord! :-)
You can also share it with 7 other ppl. Two families or a group of buddies could easily share it.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:21 PM 11-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You can also share it with 7 other ppl. Two families or a group of buddies could easily share it.
That is correct. Off topic, I shared my Netflix account with my brother and he shared his Disney account with me so I get more options! So does he.

It really is an incredible change from DTV and Cox or any other ass rape provider, again, CUT THE CORD! You will thank US later! Going from $350 to $250 to $160 is remarkable! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 11-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ditching direct TV for YouTubeTV. So good so far.
Originally Posted by Stryker:
You won't regret it! I wish I had done this years ago I would have saved a fortune. Cut that cord! :-)
This. I couldn't have done it too many years ago because I didn't have the internet to handle it, but it is superior.
[Reply]
Fish 12:33 PM 11-07-2020
Don’t miss the free preview of NFL RedZone from NFL Network. Tune in Sunday, November 8 — no extra steps required.
[Reply]
srvy 11:08 PM 11-25-2020
Why is Yellowstone not streaming on youtube tv I can only see season 1.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:46 PM 11-28-2020
If anyone has YouTubeTV and doesn't use the many streams let me know. I'd be willing to chip in for another stream. You apparently can only stream 3 TVs at once per YouTubeTV account. We usually don't have an issue but sometimes we get up to 3 when Chiefs games or popular TV is on. Really just need 1, or 2 streams more max.
[Reply]
Fish 03:50 PM 12-10-2020
FYI, subscribers... I just got this in the mail... you probably have the same offer...

[Reply]
srvy 04:45 PM 12-10-2020
Free is free so Ill get it to try out. I hated my first go round with Chromecast but I understand they made improvements.
[Reply]
eDave 05:20 PM 12-10-2020
I didn't get it. Only been a subscriber for a few months, if that. But I understand that you can use any email and just change the address.
[Reply]
Fish 09:08 PM 12-22-2020
So... My new Chromecast with GoogleTV arrived. And this thing is actually pretty fucking cool.

Quick rundown:

It's actually running Android TV 10, and not just native Android OS, it's running the actual TV version like the Nvidia Shield. Which is a pretty big deal for HDCP DRM purposes. Your normal cheap Android box that's meant for hooking up to your TV only runs normal Android OS and not the Android TV version of Android. Android TV allows for HDCP passthrough, which allows you to watch DRM protected streaming services in full HD. Which is the difference between running Netflix/YoutubeTV/Prime/Disney+/etc in 1080p/4K as opposed to 480p limit on native Android OS devices. Being an unlocked Android TV device, that also allows you to sideload any .apk files you want. Meaning easy install for Kodi, Cinema, Mobdro, etc.

The video quality is really impressive even compared to my FireTV. Performance itself is very good. The only possible drawback is that it's wifi only, with no ports on it other than the USBC power port. Would be nice to use an ethernet adapter. Which may be possible with a dongle of some sort, I haven't looked into it.

EDIT: This hub is reported to work just fine: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FX2LW35

The remote is very cool. It has built in IR functionality that allows it to control your TV's native power/volume via the remote. You just tell it what TV you have, and it configures the remote to work with your TV and then allows you to test it. Very cool feature allowing me to ditch my old TV remote which was only used to turn the TV on and adjust volume. Has direct keys on the remote for YoutubeTV and Netflix. Protip: Can use your phone as a gyro mouse using an app called Android Box Remote. Allowing you to use basically any Android app.

The home screen is similar to FireTV, but works much better. Gives good offerings of movies and TV that are available from the services you subscribe to. In addition to offering rentals that don't feel forced. Allows integration with almost all the normal streaming services to offer content in one integrated menu.

Anyway, I'm crazy impressed with it already. Didn't think Google would use standard AndroidTV OS and allow all developer options available on a device like this. Crazy potential for this device. For $50, this will probably be my go-to recommendation for streaming services going forward.
[Reply]
Fish 09:09 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I didn't get it. Only been a subscriber for a few months, if that. But I understand that you can use any email and just change the address.
I checked on that. The offer was only made to subscribers who had been with YoutubeTV since 2018 OR new subscribers. Sorry...
[Reply]
Fish 11:26 AM 09-23-2021
This Sunday only — your free preview of NFL RedZone from NFL Network

We’re giving you a sneak peek of the NFL RedZone from NFL Network experience. The free preview kicks off at 1 pm ET on Sunday, September 26. The best part? There’s no action needed on your part — just sit back and enjoy every touchdown from every game this Sunday afternoon.

[...]

Your free HBO Max™ and Cinemax preview starts now

During September 23-27, you can take the weekend (and then some) to explore HBO Max’s long list of absolute classics, from Game of Thrones to Gossip Girl and everything in between. And don’t miss Cinemax original series like Strike Back and movies like Dirty Dancing. There’s no action needed on your part — it’s on the house. Just watch away through Monday.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:21 PM 09-23-2021
We just switched to youtubeTV from google fiber TV. Google gave us a free chromecast for every TV box we had. Liking it so far, although it froze up on me three times during the Ravens game Sunday night. Other than that it has been flawless.

Love that it runs Android TV as I have two nvidia shields on my main two tvs, so the home screen looks the same and doesn't confuse the wife.

Google bill dropped from 200 to 70. YoutubeTV for three months at 54.99 plus another ten for redzone. Figured I would only do the redzone package during the season, as the other sports channels that are a part of the package I can live with out, so it is a net savings every month.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:22 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
This Sunday only — your free preview of NFL RedZone from NFL Network

We’re giving you a sneak peek of the NFL RedZone from NFL Network experience. The free preview kicks off at 1 pm ET on Sunday, September 26. The best part? There’s no action needed on your part — just sit back and enjoy every touchdown from every game this Sunday afternoon.

[...]

Your free HBO Max™ and Cinemax preview starts now

During September 23-27, you can take the weekend (and then some) to explore HBO Max’s long list of absolute classics, from Game of Thrones to Gossip Girl and everything in between. And don’t miss Cinemax original series like Strike Back and movies like Dirty Dancing. There’s no action needed on your part — it’s on the house. Just watch away through Monday.
How did you get the preview? I am not seeing it in the app.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Fish 01:25 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
How did you get the preview? I am not seeing it in the app.

Thanks!
Go to your account settings. Find Live Guide. Scroll down through the list of channels, and check the boxes for the HBO/Cinemax/NFL Network.

You can also rearrange your list of channels there too.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up