ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:14 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Huh. We get local channels on YouTubeTV...
I know, sorry if I made it sound like YTTV doesn't.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:41 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
Even with the price hike still way cheaper than what I was paying with Direct TV. I believe Hulu and Fubo also recently raised prices
Agreed! :-)
[Reply]
007 06:22 PM 03-17-2023
Four screens at once is amazing
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 06:57 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Huh. We get local channels on YouTubeTV...
I also rely on YT-TV to reliably get my local ABC, CBC, NBC, PBS, and FOX. I have one TV where an antenna gets all the over the air channels, but ABC acts up occasionally. The other TVs in the house struggle to get one or two.

Just a week ago or so, I felt compelled to make a spreadsheet of all the streaming services, costs, and content. I concluded YouTube was the best deal for us.

It's following the same pathway as Cable did for us, gradually getting more and more expensive. :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:03 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Four screens at once is amazing
Hope they do this for Sunday ticket. Or hell, make it an option always.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:50 AM 03-18-2023
Man hate to say it but YouTubeTV is so convenient and better than every other option Id pay $150 for it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Man hate to say it but YouTubeTV is so convenient and better than every other option Id pay $150 for it.
YOU DELETE THAT POST RIGHT FUCKING NOW
[Reply]
Fish 11:33 PM 03-20-2023
Dear lucky owners of NVidia 30XX or 40XX RTX cards, who are also YTTV subscribers. Please view this. NVidia has released a new set of drivers that will allow you to upconvert the normal 720p/1080p stream quality to "fake 4K" format. But don't be fooled, it actually looks really incredible for being upconverted. Just update to the latest driver and follow these instructions in the NVidia app:

If you own a NVidia 30X0 or 40X0, update to the latest drivers. Once done, open the NVidia Settings app in the Windows System tray. Navigate to Adjust video image settings at the bottom of the home menu.

Locate RTX video enhancement setting, and max that fucker out.

Depending on your NVidia hardware, it can provide an incredible improvement. I'm really surprised I hadn't found this sooner. YTTV looks so much better on my PC. The app says 720p or 1080p, but the quality still looks significantly better.

This only works with NVidia RTX cards that are capable.
[Reply]
Fish 12:15 AM 03-21-2023
Watch this before and after the RTX enhancement swtich for a good example:

[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:49 AM 03-21-2023
YouTube TV could probably go up to $100 before I'd cancel, anything before that I would start getting rid of Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc before YouTube TV. It's a good investment.
[Reply]
kcfan75 08:02 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I got it too.

Contemplating cancelling after the tournament until September when the Chiefs start.
That us what I do, then pick up MLB TV and the Balleys app for the Royals.

Then sign back up in Sept. I really don't watch anything other than sports on TV anymore.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:23 AM 03-21-2023
ive had Youtube TV for over a year now, and along with fiber internet, it's fantastic.

Love the fact that I can add a premium network....then a week or so later drop it off, and it's charged pro-rata. You can do that with all the add-ons.

Combine that with unlimited cloud recording/library and great channel lineup - it's a no-brainer.

(FTR - I live in an area that won't work for OTA antennas)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:16 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Dear lucky owners of NVidia 30XX or 40XX RTX cards, who are also YTTV subscribers. Please view this. NVidia has released a new set of drivers that will allow you to upconvert the normal 720p/1080p stream quality to "fake 4K" format. But don't be fooled, it actually looks really incredible for being upconverted. Just update to the latest driver and follow these instructions in the NVidia app:

If you own a NVidia 30X0 or 40X0, update to the latest drivers. Once done, open the NVidia Settings app in the Windows System tray. Navigate to Adjust video image settings at the bottom of the home menu.

Locate RTX video enhancement setting, and max that ****er out.

Depending on your NVidia hardware, it can provide an incredible improvement. I'm really surprised I hadn't found this sooner. YTTV looks so much better on my PC. The app says 720p or 1080p, but the quality still looks significantly better.

I have a 3060TI, so I am gonna have to try this out. Thanks for the info!
[Reply]
BWillie 02:20 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:

Locate RTX video enhancement setting, and max that fucker out.

I just use a Roku. Easy peasy. Is there any streaming stick this can work on? Im not going to run it from a computer
[Reply]
Fish 02:26 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I just use a Roku. Easy peasy. Is there any streaming stick this can work on? Im not going to run it from a computer
LOL, no.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up